Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 112
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Can someboddy explain to me how there are still Talons around at this point? Wasn't the parliament of owls finally destroyed in Nightwing?
    Lincoln, Felix, Raptor and Barbatos have really done a number on them haven't they? Oh and they're enemies with Mr Freeze and Bane too haha.

  2. #32
    Long Live The Phantom Aioros22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,106

    Default

    I hope it does lead to the dissolution of the family so I can stop reading the same three folk demanding a solo Batman and having Jason being jumped to mess of his.

    Make them Marvel, DC!
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-14-2018 at 01:22 AM.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

    "Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

    I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

    "Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

  3. #33
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    So this just came out today, right?

    And you've already processed it so much that it is cheese.

    Well at least I'm caught up but for this new issue.

  4. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    The Good:

    - Depending on what the follow through is, this Cass plot line could turn out very well.
    - The fact that there's a Cass plot line at all.
    - Despite his heel-turn, Jean-Paul remains one of the best written characters in the book.
    - There was nothing too awful in the issue as far as the writing goes.

    The Bad:

    - This art is atrocious.
    - Tim is coco for cocopuffs! And there were so many ways they could have had Tim come out of the prison crazy that would have been interesting but this just isn't at all. The art certainly isn't helping his case.
    - Under normal circumstances, I'd critique the book for making The Colony still obviously evil based on that panel with Coop and the other guy looking evil...but everyone looks evil in this art.
    - Young Leslie
    - That one line from Kate.
    - Luke has to be told to use non-lethal weaponry by Kate? WHAT? Has Tynion just forgotten how he introduced the character? Honestly, this issue and #975 have managed to make him as unlikable as Tim, Kate and Steph have been.
    - Kate just continues to remind me more and more of Civil War II Can'tsell Danvers.
    - I have no interest in the main plot.

    The Cass:

    ...gonna wait and see on most of this.

    - "Maybe one day...they'll kill me too." Is shows how little confidence I have in the man that one of my first thoughts from this line is that King is gonna have someone in the Family kill Cass.
    Last edited by Assam; 03-14-2018 at 05:51 AM.

  5. #35
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    220

    Default

    I actually really like the Tim Development.

    For Tynion to actually have Tim going down this dark path is interesting to me. Tim is somewhat justified in his anger, but Tynion is still doing a good job of getting across Tim's flaws.

    Tim comes out of the prison messed up and basically fixates on Batman Eternal as something that can prevent that future. Its an obsession.

    I think Tynion and the Artists do a good job of displaying that obsession.

    Tynion is taking the character through a dark place. Let's wait until we see the end of the arc before we condemn it.

    Also really loved the Batfamily interaction. Its so rare to see the inner family all in one place.

    I'd love to see more of that.

  6. #36

    Default

    Wow those cass pantaloons are awful.

    This book is basically becoming let's attack Bruce over and over.

    (All the comments about the end of the Bat family are ridiculous, there's already a book focus solely on Bruce it's called Batman. At this point completely removing the family would just lead to a drop in sales, the people who aren't interested in the family will buy Batman but those are interested in the family would buy nothing)

    Tynion's love for Tim is ever lasting.

  7. #37
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    271

    Default

    They structrure the family relationship from the start. The colony should have just been a regular PMC run by her father and her from the start with a partnership with their nephew/cousin bruce there are private military contractors in real life and the comic just had to complicate things for drama. Those exist sometimes doing good sometimes not. But it would have made the family dynamic more normal. As batwoman she knows it is a symbol that does not use guns outside of gotham that is a whole different story though and Bruce understands that but why there they follow his guidelines. Also gives him better intel on what is going on with criminal groups world wide as well. Also would make luthor retailate by doing the same thing but his PMC truly are mercenaries who do dirty things at times as long as they are paid while bruce and his familes is more ethical. Tim should have been either Detective chimps or elongated mans disciple instead of batman would make things easier. Spoiler is not part of the inner circle like Barbra or Cassandra either but they set up their own seperate system like in the original time line. Jason is still the same and Dick actually shows his leadership more and travels the world too until batman calls him for some case or something or just to visit. As for bat/cat it is just lupin and fujiko to me and he should start dating civilians or women who are on the right side of the law. Have both damian and helena exist as half brother and sister and say both his relationships in the past are over at this point because the women picked their criminal careers instead of family. Selina and Talia in the same boat so to speak with bruce no longer beholden to either

  8. #38
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Wow those cass pantaloons are awful.

    This book is basically becoming let's attack Bruce over and over.

    (All the comments about the end of the Bat family are ridiculous, there's already a book focus solely on Bruce it's called Batman. At this point completely removing the family would just lead to a drop in sales, the people who aren't interested in the family will buy Batman but those are interested in the family would buy nothing)

    Tynion's love for Tim is ever lasting.
    I don't see how the book is just attacking Bruce. He's shown trying to help both Cass and Tim. Tim's rejection is shown to be unhealthy - Bruce is right!

    But yes, those ploofy pants on Cass are not cool looking at all.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    I actually don't believe removing the family from Tec would lead to a drop in sales if anything it could lead to an increase. Synder had solo Batman, Tec has lots of family and King has shipping. Tec and King can't touch solo Batman in sales.

    Robin, Nightwing, Redhood, Batgirl, Red Robin and Batman that should be the limit of the family if it must be a thing.

  10. #40
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I actually don't believe removing the family from Tec would lead to a drop in sales if anything it could lead to an increase. Synder had solo Batman, Tec has lots of family and King has shipping. Tec and King can't touch solo Batman in sales.

    Robin, Nightwing, Redhood, Batgirl, Red Robin and Batman that should be the limit of the family if it must be a thing.
    We shall see. I disagree, but I'm dropping the book unless it continues with the family concept, so obviously I have my bias.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    They structrure the family relationship from the start. The colony should have just been a regular PMC run by her father and her from the start with a partnership with their nephew/cousin bruce there are private military contractors in real life and the comic just had to complicate things for drama. Those exist sometimes doing good sometimes not. But it would have made the family dynamic more normal. As batwoman she knows it is a symbol that does not use guns outside of gotham that is a whole different story though and Bruce understands that but why there they follow his guidelines. Also gives him better intel on what is going on with criminal groups world wide as well. Also would make luthor retailate by doing the same thing but his PMC truly are mercenaries who do dirty things at times as long as they are paid while bruce and his familes is more ethical. Tim should have been either Detective chimps or elongated mans disciple instead of batman would make things easier. Spoiler is not part of the inner circle like Barbra or Cassandra either but they set up their own seperate system like in the original time line. Jason is still the same and Dick actually shows his leadership more and travels the world too until batman calls him for some case or something or just to visit. As for bat/cat it is just lupin and fujiko to me and he should start dating civilians or women who are on the right side of the law. Have both damian and helena exist as half brother and sister and say both his relationships in the past are over at this point because the women picked their criminal careers instead of family. Selina and Talia in the same boat so to speak with bruce no longer beholden to either
    I love the idea of getting rid of the Talia and Selina as love interests. Batman's fallen into the Lois Lane trap and it's led to shenanigans from writer

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Robin, Nightwing, Redhood, Batgirl, Red Robin and Batman that should be the limit of the family if it must be a thing.
    And yet somehow I imagine you'd be willing to make more room for Damian once we eventually get a new Robin. eyeroll

  13. #43
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    And yet somehow I imagine you'd be willing to make more room for Damian once we eventually get a new Robin. eyeroll
    Yup. Same eyeroll.

    Where did I see this lineup before...

    Oh, right. N52. And it sucked then too.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Wow those cass pantaloons are awful.

    This book is basically becoming let's attack Bruce over and over.

    (All the comments about the end of the Bat family are ridiculous, there's already a book focus solely on Bruce it's called Batman. At this point completely removing the family would just lead to a drop in sales, the people who aren't interested in the family will buy Batman but those are interested in the family would buy nothing)

    Tynion's love for Tim is ever lasting.
    If this book gets an All Star creative team and radical direction then sales should hold. There are plenty of fans interested in gritty detective stories especially featuring Batman. Not just among hardcore comic nuts but casuals as well. So yeah with a marketing campaign, major creative team and word of mouth its possible for this book to revert back to solo Batman and still succeed. Also seeing that its a flagship title you can bet DC would want to ensure that.

  15. #45
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    If this book gets an All Star creative team and radical direction then sales should hold. There are plenty of fans interested in gritty detective stories especially featuring Batman. Not just among hardcore comic nuts but casuals as well. So yeah with a marketing campaign, major creative team and word of mouth its possible for this book to revert back to solo Batman and still succeed. Also seeing that its a flagship title you can bet DC would want to ensure that.
    Who is all-star in your book? The all-stars I can think of who are currently working at DC are either working on other projects or on Black Label (or both).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •