Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Hypothetically assume Bendis and Maleev of Daredevil fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    If this book gets an All Star creative team and radical direction then sales should hold. There are plenty of fans interested in gritty detective stories especially featuring Batman. Not just among hardcore comic nuts but casuals as well. So yeah with a marketing campaign, major creative team and word of mouth its possible for this book to revert back to solo Batman and still succeed. Also seeing that its a flagship title you can bet DC would want to ensure that.
    Oh no doubt you're correct, I'm not saying getting rid of the family would kill the book, as long as Detective features batman the sales will be fine. What I really getting at is that DC would loose the sales of all those who read for the family, and that is number is quite significant.

Batman sells that's why he has the largest family in comics.

BANNED

I dunno, I doubt JPV and Luke have significant fans. Kate had momentum years ago but since the marriage disaster the character has lost a lot of pull. Steph and Cass I dunno, they have vocal fans certainly but there's no real way of judging. Tim I think is the only one with a significant fanbase.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    And yet somehow I imagine you'd be willing to make more room for Damian once we eventually get a new Robin. eyeroll
    I'd just cut Tim or Jason to make room
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-14-2018 at 09:58 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Absolutely not. I'd just cut Tim or Jason
    So: when we get our ongoing Signal series, with Absolutely Part Of the Family Duke Thomas, who are you going to start advocating we need to get rid of?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So: when we get our ongoing Signal series, with Absolutely Part Of the Family Duke Thomas, who are you going to start advocating we need to get rid of?
    I already said.

Like everyone else I have my bias however I'm also very confident Damian can carry his own weight and no one has to nerf batman for him to look good. He has been flying solo since rebirth and doesn't come with a lot of the irritation, whining and entitlement that pisses some fans off about the family and have them calling for a culling.

Writers don't have to be shamed or pressured into using him and the company wants him.

Dick, Damian and Jason are family but are distant. Doing their own thing which free's Batman and his titles up to be flexible and cater to those who like solo Btman [which I believe are the majority].

I am a batfamily fan [I like the Robins] yet even I find tec suffocating and the damaging in the way it treats Batman

I already said.

Like everyone else I have my bias however I'm also very confident Damian can carry his own weight and no one has to nerf batman for him to look good. He has been flying solo since rebirth and doesn't come with a lot of the irritation, whining and entitlement that pisses some fans off about the family and have them calling for a culling.

Writers don't have to be shamed or pressured into using him and the company wants him.

Dick, Damian and Jason are family but are distant. Doing their own thing which free's Batman and his titles up to be flexible and cater to those who like solo Btman [which I believe are the majority].

I am a batfamily fan [I like the Robins] yet even I find tec suffocating and the damaging in the way it treats Batman
    You said two. Which one will you start campaigning to get rid of, specifically? We're not talking about a hypothetical - Snyder's already convinced editorial that Signal is a "success".

What writers have been shamed into actually using any of the family? And I'd say Snyder's come under pretty intense pressure to use Damian, which is why he keeps making his argument for why he doesn't.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

What writers have been shamed into actually using any of the family?
    Not only is this not a thing, but there were writers throughout the Nu52 who wanted to use Cass and Steph, but were told they couldn't, being in the same situation as Wally West.

BANNED

I actually don't believe removing the family from Tec would lead to a drop in sales if anything it could lead to an increase. Synder had solo Batman, Tec has lots of family and King has shipping. Tec and King can't touch solo Batman in sales.

Robin, Nightwing, Redhood, Batgirl, Red Robin and Batman that should be the limit of the family if it must be a thing.
    Ehh what do you think King has been writting? He`s used the core members almost as much as Snyder and he still doesn`t make consistantly the numbers Snyder did even with the decent following.

100k every month in was never the norm.

BANNED

Because King's book doesn't have the quality of his predecessor.

BANNED

How are you making that objective call, other than your taste? Because it doesn`t sell as much?

Writers before Snyder weren`t making those consistant numbers either, Family or otherwise. Morrison is one of the biggest names in the entire industry and his run is regarded as one of the most praised of the franchise of the modern era. He made good use of the expanded mythos, including, like Snyder, creating an aditional number.

Was Morrison making the same numbers? I don`t recall, maybe he was but if you check and he didn`t would you question its quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    How are you making that objective call, other than your taste? Because it doesn`t sell as much?

Writers before Snyder weren`t making those consistant numbers either, Family or otherwise. Morrison is one of the biggest names in the entire industry and his run is regarded as one of the most praised of the franchise of the modern era. He made good use of the expanded mythos, including, like Snyder, creating an aditional number.

Was Morrison making the same numbers? I don`t recall, maybe he was but if you check and he didn`t would you question its quality?
    No, Morrison was not. Which was one of the reasons they rebooted in the first place.

Mighty Member

Bets part of the issue was Tam Fox getting a mention. I miss Tam.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Bets part of the issue was Tam Fox getting a mention. I miss Tam.
    Same. Though I also miss Marcus To drawing Tam. I love that guy!

Mighty Member

Same. Though I also miss Marcus To drawing Tam. I love that guy!

That too, and also his Tim. Also did anyone else prefer Tim/Tam over Tim/Steph or was it just me?