Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I find it amusing that Bruce sets-up an entire Team to keep Kate on a leash, then sets a babysitter on her for her solo missions (Julia Pennyworth), but comparatively ignores the kids.

Either he views the kids a very responsible for their age and/or Kate as very irresponsible for her age. Well, now Kate's run off, maybe he could send Julia to babysit Cass instead.
    It's not a question of responsibility, but of morals. He knows Kate isn't as hard-edged as he is about lethal force, which was the point of both things.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I loved the art in this issue, although Orphans costume is still hideous. They should just stick her in her old Batgirl costume and keep the name Orphan, or find a name that's not crap Jason wears a Bat symbol and doesn't have to call himself Bathood or Red Bat. It would be fine. Cass kind of looks like she's wearing a pair of olde time jodphurs over a CoO Talon costume.

I enjoyed the scene with Cass and Clayface and as usual Tim continues to be the low point of this series.

Great art! Nice dialogues! Though I could live without seeing the Court of Owls ever again
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Great art! Nice dialogues! Though I could live without seeing the Court of Owls ever again
    Well, that's why they're getting taken out!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

One thing that bothers me is that even if Kate has joined the The Colony, and has those two are now with her, why would the members of that organization take her non lethal stance seriously? To my understanding they are soldiers who have performed multiple missions with lethal intent being the main modus operandi. Yeah she herself is willing to kill but if her first priority is to take down an enemy combatant in non lethal fashion in a high stress environment, then that would clash with the others members would it not? Also would she really be respected because she has earned it or because she is their leader's daughter? I mean maybe this is all setting up for some internal strife that helps the little psychos agenda of killing the Bat Family.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    One thing that bothers me is that even if Kate has joined the The Colony, and has those two are now with her, why would the members of that organization take her non lethal stance seriously? To my understanding they are soldiers who have performed multiple missions with lethal intent being the main modus operandi. Yeah she herself is willing to kill but if her first priority is to take down an enemy combatant in non lethal fashion in a high stress environment, then that would clash with the others members would it not? Also would she really be respected because she has earned it or because she is their leader's daughter? I mean maybe this is all setting up for some internal strife that helps the little psychos agenda of killing the Bat Family.
    I think that's a good question, and I think Tynion is likely to deal with that in this final arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    One thing that bothers me is that even if Kate has joined the The Colony, and has those two are now with her, why would the members of that organization take her non lethal stance seriously?
    That's assuming they do. There's some indications that Dom and Cooper, the two recurring soldiers, are going to throw a wrench in things.

I mean, this is the next cover:

IMG_20180313_170002.jpg