Default Just finished Rucka's Rebirth run - Questions

How much of WWs new 52 life was a delusion?
    Was it just the activity on Paradise Island? And with the god's?

It's seems to me that her Justice League history and relationship with Clark stay intact. She had a talk with Steve early on about why she picked Clark, so that can't be part of the delusion if Steve also remembers it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It seems the entirety of the New 52 run was a delusion, which doesn't make sense if you think about it too much, but it's meant to be just a handwave to set up the new status quo set while Year One/Godwatch rebuilt the history. The details don't line up, but since it doesn't seem that DC is planning on revisiting any of it beyond the idea of Diana being a demigod and her and Barbara being friends anyway, it doesn't matter. As a jumping on point it works and we don't have to dwell on the details.

Her relationship with Superman was canon as far as Rucka was concerned early on, the Superman Reborn event pretty much undid it immediately. So it's on the Super books for screwing that up.

I honestly see it has it’s somewhat of a hard retcon but soft in other areas

The relationship with Clark is concretely out. Rucka wrote that before Superman Reborn, when the two Superman scenario still existed. Superman Reborn wiped that out, so Diana only ever remembers one Superman again, this one, of whom she never had a romantic relationship with. The difference is that change wasn't part of the WW-specific delusions. That was part of the overall Dr. Manhattan messed up timeline, part of which Superman changed in Reborn.

Woops, Siege beat me to it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-13-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Oh that’s confusing but I hope things just get better.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Oh that’s confusing but I hope things just get better.
    Simplest way to think of it; Diana and Clark were never in a romantic relationship, but have been friends for a long time (along with Bruce). Even being there for the birth of Lois and Clark's son.

Can't seem to upload the image, but it shows Batman out front of the Fortress of Solitude, standing guard, while Diana is right next to Lois, offering her support.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    How much of WWs new 52 life was a delusion?
    Was it just the activity on Paradise Island? And with the god's?
    Honestly, I don't think DC Comics even knows.

I view it as sort of "Reader's Call".

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think that Rucka intended to leave it fuzzy, so people could pick and choose what was delusion and what was real.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think that Rucka intended to leave it fuzzy, so people could pick and choose what was delusion and what was real.
    you could basically say that for every rebirth book

I think the most significant accomplishment of Rucka's Rebirth run was his establishment of the core players in Wonder Woman's rogues gallery. That core enlists the following foes:

The Cheetah
    Veronica Cale
    Doctor Cyber
    Poison Alpha (or Col. Poison)
    Circe
    Ares (presently neutralized, but, present)
    Deimos & Phobos
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    you could basically say that for every rebirth book
    Very true. Yay!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord