Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does Superman remember being split?

Does Clark remember being split and the other New 52 Superman? I know the history was somewhat rewrote when Superdad and New 52 Sups combined but does Clark remember being split?

BANNED

So, how many times has it been now that he has been split into two separate beings?

In the silver age there were a lot of times. Before the DCnU, there was the Superman Blue-Superman Red bussiness.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Does Clark remember being split and the other New 52 Superman? I know the history was somewhat rewrote when Superdad and New 52 Sups combined but does Clark remember being split?
    He knows via Mxy's vague revelations plus his own gut feeling the timeline was, and to some degree now still is screwed up, but that's as close as it gets. He nor anyone else directly recalls anything about the details.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Maybe? In Trinity, it was touched upon, but hasn't really been mentioned since.

But that's reality warping events for ya; they screw with your mind.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He knows via at first a gut feeling, then by direct confirmation from Mxy that something was "off" for a while in regards to the timeline being screwed up, but that's as close as it gets. He nor anyone else directly recalls anything about the details.
    Would cause too much ackwardness if he remember a relationship with Wonder Woman, so I get why DC doesn't have him remember anything from that timeline.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I don't think he remembers. Especially after the timelines were merged in Reborn.

Here's a question I've always had. Why is Superman's captions always a dark green?

It's been like that since Rebirth. I thought it would be changed once Superman was merged but no it's still dark green.

Anyone else notice it?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I don't think he remembers. Especially after the timelines were merged in Reborn.

Here's a question I've always had. Why is Superman's captions always a dark green?

It's been like that since Rebirth. I thought it would be changed once Superman was merged but no it's still dark green.

Anyone else notice it?
    Superman Green does the Fusion Dance with Superman Purple to form the Ultimate Superman!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

According to Supergirl, he knows he was split into two beings who are now one again, and he at least has enough of an inkling of what they were like to know that it was his New 52 self that the current Kara knew prior to the revision.
    Buh-bye

I like to think it's like what Rory Williams remembers about being an Auton Roman Centurion for thousands of years - it's like there's a door in Superman's head, and when he wants to, he can open it, and remember all three timelines, but he doesn't have to keep it open. He can shut it, and only remember one.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I kind of want him to remember all his previous timelines just because it seems unfair to keep changing his history on him. At the very least he should get to keep something from them. Otherwise you're just saying he's disposable.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I like to think it's like what Rory Williams remembers about being an Auton Roman Centurion for thousands of years - it's like there's a door in Superman's head, and when he wants to, he can open it, and remember all three timelines.
    Not a chance. He's a married man, choosing to remember when Diana used him would be an instant no-no

Astonishing Member

Presumably Lois doesn't remember being split either, so she doesn't know that she was (briefly) Superwoman nor that she used to live with her boyfriend Jonathan Carroll. I wonder what Mr. Carroll remembers about his living arrangements during the past several years. Whatever it is, it's a fictitious memory (since he wasn't split!).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Presumably Lois doesn't remember being split either, so she doesn't know that she was (briefly) Superwoman nor that she used to live with her boyfriend Jonathan Carroll. I wonder what Mr. Carroll remembers about his living arrangements during the past several years. Whatever it is, it's a fictitious memory (since he wasn't split!).
    Uhh, she does remember being Superwoman. It was references a few times in the final arc of the Superwoman book.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Not a chance. He's a married man, choosing to remember when Diana used him would be an instant no-no
    I am not much of a SuperWonder shipper either, but Diana "using him"? I think you're overreacting just a bit too much.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.