Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Do You Believe That Phase 4 Movies Will Be Announced Post Infinity War?

I can't remember when the Phase 3 movies were announced, though i am fairly sure that it was around the Age Of Ultron aftermath.
    So can we expect any announcements regarding the Phase 4 roster after the release of Infinity War? Certainly, the name of Avengers 4 should be revealed but i do have the impression that we might learn something more about Phase 4.

BANNED

I think that will depend largely on whether Thanos is actually defeated in Infinity War, which I'm not convinced of.

But TBH I'm having a hard time feeling invested in Phase IV, despite loving Doctor Strange. I'm feeling like Avengers 4 is a good jumping off point for some reason.

Hopefully, the Fox and Disney will be ironed out by the time Avengers 4 hits and that way Marvel can introduce mutants/ X- Men and the Fantastic Four into the MCU. Even have Dr. Doom or even a proper Galactus be the new BIG bad in the universe after Thanos is dealt with.

What do the "Phases" mean and how many are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What do the "Phases" mean and how many are there?
    Phase One was Iron Man through the first Avengers movie in 2012. Phase Two went from Iron Man 3 through Ant Man. Phase Three started with Captain America: Civil War and ends with Avengers 4.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Phase One was Iron Man through the first Avengers movie in 2012. Phase Two went from Iron Man 3 through Ant Man. Phase Three started with Captain America: Civil War and ends with Avengers 4.
    Thank you so much!

I think Avengers 4 will be the time it's announced. We have two movies between avengers 3 and 4. One takes place before infinity war (Antman and The Wasp) and the other in the 90s(Cap marv3l). I think the MCU stands still till after Avenger 4. Thanos most likely wins in IW and Avngers 4 is a scramble to save what's left. What comes next is spoilers until after Avenger 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Avengers 4 will be the time it's announced. We have two movies between avengers 3 and 4. One takes place before infinity war (Antman and The Wasp) and the other in the 90s(Cap marv3l). I think the MCU stands still till after Avenger 4. Thanos most likely wins in IW and Avngers 4 is a scramble to save what's left. What comes next is spoilers until after Avenger 4.
    I don't know if Infinity War-Avengers 4 is going to be that blatantly a two-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I can't remember when the Phase 3 movies were announced, though i am fairly sure that it was around the Age Of Ultron aftermath.
    Nope. It was announced about a month after the release of Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014, and Feige cited the success of the film as to why a lot of unintroduced characters like Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel were getting their own films. About 6-7 months before Age of Ultron came out.

So my guess is the Phase 4 line-up could be announced about a month or two after the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp, possibly along with the title reveal of Avengers 4.

BANNED

I suspect it will depend on how Avengers IW ends. If, as the current trailers suggest, it ends with "the end," then I wouldn't look for phase IV to be announced before the marketing for Avengers 4 begins, when we get a glimpse of how the classic heroes recover from the end. If IW is more self contained, then we could see phase IV announced much earlier.

I wouldn't expect the Phase IV rollout until after Avengers 4.