Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I believe it's basically been confirmed that 2019's movies will be Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Black Widow and Doctor Strange 2, right?
    No. Captain Marvel, Avengers 4 and Spider-Man 2.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    No. Captain Marvel, Avengers 4 and Spider-Man 2.
    Gah, I meant to say 2020, not 2019. But thanks.

Gah, I meant to say 2020, not 2019. But thanks.
    Ah ok. In 2020 we know we're getting GOTG 3, and I think the solid money is on Dr Strange 2 and maybe something new for the third one.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Ah ok. In 2020 we know we're getting GOTG 3, and I think the solid money is on Dr Strange 2 and maybe something new for the third one.
    That's it. A lot of rumors have been that it's going to be Black Widow, but we'll have to wait and see.

That's it. A lot of rumors have been that it's going to be Black Widow, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Depends if the script is good. Personally, the window has passed for a great BW film, before SJ hit the wall in looks. At this point they shouldn't waste a third slot on a BW movie, now if they want to add a fourth slot then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I can't remember when the Phase 3 movies were announced, though i am fairly sure that it was around the Age Of Ultron aftermath.
    Nope. It was announced about a month after the release of Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014, and Feige cited the success of the film as to why a lot of unintroduced characters like Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel were getting their own films. About 6-7 months before Age of Ultron came out.

So my guess is the Phase 4 line-up could be announced about a month or two after the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp, possibly along with the title reveal of Avengers 4.

BANNED

I suspect it will depend on how Avengers IW ends. If, as the current trailers suggest, it ends with "the end," then I wouldn't look for phase IV to be announced before the marketing for Avengers 4 begins, when we get a glimpse of how the classic heroes recover from the end. If IW is more self contained, then we could see phase IV announced much earlier.

I wouldn't expect the Phase IV rollout until after Avengers 4.

I believe it's basically been confirmed that 2019's movies will be Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Black Widow and Doctor Strange 2, right?
    Cumberbatch has said Doctor Strange 2 isn't in the works (he didn't clarify if he meant at all) so you scrub that from the list as there wouldn't be enough production time for a 2020 or 2019 release.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Cumberbatch has said Doctor Strange 2 isn't in the works (he didn't clarify if he meant at all) so you scrub that from the list as there wouldn't be enough production time for a 2020 or 2019 release.
    What exactly did he say? Because I doubt we wait longer then 2020 for Strange 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What exactly did he say? Because I doubt we wait longer then 2020 for Strange 2.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/film/...t-cumberbatch/
    Last edited by jump; 04-17-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Just sounds like he's trying to make it seem like Strange might die. I'm almost certain he has a movie in 2020 unless they have Xmen and F4 plans for that year then maybe he gets bumped to 2021.

Fact is Guardians, black panther and especially Spiderman move Merchandise. Dr Strange doesnt so though he did well at the Box office he's p robaly not top priority. Antman and Wasp just had timing on its side.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-17-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Just sounds like he's trying to make it seem like Strange might die. I'm almost certain he has a movie in 2020 unless they have Xmen and F4 plans for that year then maybe he gets bumped to 2021.

Fact is Guardians, black panther and especially Spiderman move Merchandise. Dr Strange doesnt so though he did well at the Box office he's p robaly not top priority. Antman and Wasp just had timing on its side.
    I think a Black Panther sequel, Captain Marvel sequel, a Dr. Strange sequel, along with the confirmed sequels to Spider-Man and the third volume of Guardians are probably the most definite films we can expect from Phase 4.

I also think they might get out at least one more Ant-Man and Wasp movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a Black Panther sequel, Captain Marvel sequel, a Dr. Strange sequel, along with the confirmed sequels to Spider-Man and the third volume of Guardians are probably the most definite films we can expect from Phase 4.

I also think they might get out at least one more Ant-Man and Wasp movie.
    Oh yea was just arguing the idea that DR strange can't come out in 2020 because Cummberbatcj says there is no plans at the moment. I think he wants to keep it quite so when Starnge is in danger is avenger 3 and 4 there is some believe that he could die. And who knows with Xmen and f4 maybe coming back maybe some character aren't gonna get a trilogy. Strange and Antman are top of the list but I don't think it's an issue. And every character introduced thus far gets a full trilogy.