Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-23 New Series by Mariko Tamaki and Juann Cabal Announced

This July, Laura Kinney forgoes the Wolverine mantle, and returns to the title that made her famous. Prepare for a new beginning with writer Mariko Tamaki and artist Juann Cabal‘s X-23 #1!

https://news.marvel.com/comics/85712...eturns-summer/

Going back to X-23 name is lame. Especially, when they had several heroes run around with the same codename.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

Guess I have no reason to follow a wolverine title now. It's a shame that it was taken away from her, she's the better and more relevant Wolverine to our era. They should've kept Logan dead.

Well damn. ANW won't make it to 43 issue and beat out Dazzler as the longest-running female-led solo X-solo. I loved the art team of Cabal and Woodward during OoX, though I'm sure that will only last for the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Going back to X-23 name is lame. Especially, when they had several heroes run around with the same codename.
    Nothing says she can't be marketed as X-23, but going by another name in the book.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Oh look, it's Friday, time to dump on the New X-Men. :-P

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

BANNED

F**k Fresh S**t so hard. Won't even be looking at this if she's calling herself X-23.

Long live Laura Kinney: Wolverine!!!

Who cares what she's called. Laura's keeping an ongoing series and that's awesome. Deservedly so.
    'Till the end of the line.

What is that on her neck?
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

Laura always had selling power, so she won't have an issue on keeping a sólo series afloat
    As for the writer... No comment
    Last edited by wano; 03-14-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Anyone who thought she was permanently going to stay Wolverine has to be out of their minds.

What is that on her neck? A tattoo?

I haven't read anything by Mariko Tamaki but I hope this is good. Loved Cabal's art on ANW

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Laura looks good and fierce on that cover that's good to see especially with how things have been looking for as writer after writer tamed until she had the personality that's duller than a blunt knife. I just hope it goes better than She-Hulk.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Hound & Cosmic Traveller Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    What is that on her neck? A tattoo?

I haven't read anything by Mariko Tamaki but I hope this is good. Loved Cabal's art on ANW
    So she's losing the title of Wolverine and gaining Daken's tattoos?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Laura always had selling power, so she won't have an issue on keeping a sólo series afloat
    Still would have been nice to see ANW overtake Dazzler (technically she has if you factor in the two KYost minis and the Liu series, but still).
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Oh look, it's Friday, time to dump on the New X-Men. :-P

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Guess I have no reason to follow a wolverine title now. It's a shame that it was taken away from her, she's the better and more relevant Wolverine to our era. They should've kept Logan dead.
    LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK! Laura was doing the damn thing as Wolverine and now she's going back to being X-23? Good job Marvel
    "They NEED X-Men like me so they can go on their f*cking keyboards and make me bad guy... EMMA FROST"

Sad that she's losing or abandoning her Wolverine title. She carried that title so well and still does. But she is, and always will be, X-23 to some extent. That's how she was introduced. That's the name she's gone by most frequently. If Marvel really wants to get back to basics with their characters, it makes sense for them make Logan Wolverine again and Laura X-23. I still hope Laura carries on the mantle in some respect. I also hope there's a valid reason for why she's going by this title again, beyond Logan being back. But I hope her story continues to be as good as it has been in recent years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.