Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

The change of name makes sense when you look at the reason she took the Wolverine moniker if the first place. She did to honour her dead father, who is no longer dead so why would she keep it? Laura is one of my favourite characters so I will read her book no matter what name she goes by, going back to X-23 makes less sense especially given the events of EoTS II but honestly that story felt rushed especially at the end it was like Taylor was trying to remove all Laura's baggage in one go without realising that baggage make a character interesting.

I'm sort of surprised though as Taylor was adamant that the book would continue.

So...bets on Old Man Logan sticking around? I’m saying the odds are real slim at this point. OG Wolverine will be back in the cowl soon enough.

Hey! I know Laura's codename has always been very controversial, but let's not negatively judge the book yet! I'm on the optimistic side that Mariko will have an in-story reason as to why Laura goes back to the codename. We can all assume editorial is giving Logan "Wolverine" again, so, yes, that's part of it. But maybe this will be for the better. Who knows?

Tom Taylor still has a huge role in the X-Office (personally, I think he's been the best writer in recent history), so hopefully his influence is great enough that Mariko can't just turn away from his development for Laura.
    I like guys, comics, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Sure, this will probably end up being another in a long line of emotionally crippling misadventures,
    but let's try to have some fun along the way.”
    ― Brian K. Vaughan, Y: The Last Man

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Well Old Man Logan doesn't call himself Wolverine and it's weird to hate Logan for being the original Wolverine. But what do I know.
    I think it's more hate for the power Logan has. They kill him off. Some characters got development & advancement in his absence. Now he's coming back and everyone has to regress (in some people's minds) because of it.

Laura loses the Wolverine moniker and goes back to a name with bad history attached.
    Daken is in HFW, wanting to kill Logan, when his character was shown having moved passed that, yet some writers keep taking him back to it.
    Sabretooth is evil again & gone back to be a Wolverine accessory.

So some feel any development that came of these characters gets ruined for the sake of Original Logan, and making any of the developments pointless when they just get dropped & reset.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-14-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Astonishing Member phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know wolverine is Logan's title but i had hopes they could both have it. This feels like a step back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So...bets on Old Man Logan sticking around? I’m saying the odds are real slim at this point. OG Wolverine will be back in the cowl soon enough.
    His series is ending for sure. Whether or not he's still around, who knows. I really want him to go back to the Wastelands and become the Hooded Man.
    'Till the end of the line.

If Cebulski's Status Quo wants Fresh Start to going back to basics and distance themselves to ANAD by demoting every Legacy (Sam Wilson going back as Falcon, Jane Foster dead and Odison back as Thor, Amadeus depowered, Ironheart demoted to Champions, Time-Displaced O5 going back their home and Miles ditching Spider-Man mantle)
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Just going to reiterate (again) that for all we know this is just for marketing, and she WON'T go by the name in the story itself.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Oh look, it's Friday, time to dump on the New X-Men. :-P

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

Taylor and his editor knew very well that she was going to revert to the marketable X-23 at some point. It's their own fault for making that name so toxic.

Guess this confirms another Title we all knew was the Wolverine in the room. Logan taking the Solo Wolverine title back from Laura- it also kinda confirms my suspicions- That there is an X-Relaunch coming with Old Man Logan and All New Wolverine ending to give Logan his slot in the Universe back

If X-23 is just what the book is called for marketing purposes, I'll be content with that. Craig Kyle said that's what he wanted to do with Laura anyways and Tom Taylor liked that tweet so I think he agreed (plus, most people don't call her Wolverine or X-23 when talking about her, they just call her Laura). I think it sucks when we know OG Wolverine can sell as just Logan and she still has to give up the Wolverine name.

That said, great creative team and I'm happy that Gabby and Jonathan are sticking around for this new title.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    He's still writing Laura AND Gabby in X-Men Red though
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    If Cebulski's Status Quo wants Fresh Start to going back to basics and distance themselves to ANAD by demoting every Legacy (Sam Wilson going back as Falcon, Jane Foster dead and Odison back as Thor, Amadeus depowered, Ironheart demoted to Champions, Time-Displaced O5 going back their home and Miles ditching Spider-Man mantle)
    To be fair...they have overstayed their welcome
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Thankfully she is not going by Wolverine anymore. I hope people realize that a character is better off making their own name mean something, and stop confusing hearing the name of the original character tossed around as a sign of the new character's popularity. Wolverine did not become popular because of his name, and any new character should not need to copy his name to become popular.

As for regressing by going by X-23, if she even does that in here book (as sometimes a title is used but never applied to the character in story), just because she has grown pass the issues that came with seeing that name as her identity and letting it define her does not mean she cannot instead find a way to be the one who is defining what it means to be X-23.

Fantastic news! It's great that Laura is getting her own title/name back, hopefully the book will be good as well. And for those shouting "regression", I'm sure she won't actually call herself "X-23". She'll just go by Laura and have X-23 on the book cover for brand name recognition, just like I suggested was the way to go when people asked what would happen when Logan returns.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I really appreciate Laura getting a title for herself but I just hope that whoever is in charge has a better vision than Taylor did.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he