Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A shame if they're ditching Shiera Sanders Hall again.
    I feel the same. It'll be interesting to see how/if Carter folds back into the JSA whenever they reappear.

Johns did such a great job at linking the Thanagarians with ancient Egypt in the Return of Hawkman, I'm not opposed to a flock of Hawks in the DCU. Katar and Shayera can migrate to Earth, Carter and Shiera can be in the JSA, and Kendra can do her thing as well.

I'm not going to hold my breath for Shiera to come back, but we'll see what happens with Kendra in the Justice League story. (I'm kind of bummed it's not Shayera in Justice League.)

I am not really a fan of Hawkman but Venditti's Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps has been one of the best books to come out of Rebirth, so I might try the first issue.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I feel the same. It'll be interesting to see how/if Carter folds back into the JSA whenever they reappear.

Johns did such a great job at linking the Thanagarians with ancient Egypt in the Return of Hawkman, I'm not opposed to a flock of Hawks in the DCU. Katar and Shayera can migrate to Earth, Carter and Shiera can be in the JSA, and Kendra can do her thing as well.

I'm not going to hold my breath for Shiera to come back, but we'll see what happens with Kendra in the Justice League story. (I'm kind of bummed it's not Shayera in Justice League.)
    Ditto.

But I don't think we'll be seeing Shayera anytime soon (or ever), so I'll take what I can get. Kendra's a'ight.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ditto.

But I don't think we'll be seeing Shayera anytime soon (or ever), so I'll take what I can get. Kendra's a'ight.
    Yeah, it's strange when the Justice League is essentially the animated version, but we can have Shayera, when she was one of the greater aspects of the series. Bigger things must be afoot in the Hawkman title and apparently for Hawkgirl too in Justice League, according to the solicits.

I don't mind Kendra being used over Shayera in Justice League because they'll probably write her like Shayera anyways .

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

So at wonder con , Snyder mentioned that Hawkman will be under his purview as part of the "New Justice" imprint for the Justice League and Titans titles and that in his words " Robert Venditti and Bryan Hitch will be combining all the things you love about Carter Hall and Katar Hol and running with it". Now I don't know if we are supposed to ale the word combining literally, but I hope so. Looking forward to this book either way and I'm just glad we're getting a Hawkman title at all.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    So at wonder con , Snyder mentioned that Hawkman will be under his purview as part of the "New Justice" imprint for the Justice League and Titans titles and that in his words " Robert Venditti and Bryan Hitch will be combining all the things you love about Carter Hall and Katar Hol and running with it". Now I don't know if we are supposed to ale the word combining literally, but I hope so. Looking forward to this book either way and I'm just glad we're getting a Hawkman title at all.
    But since I want a Carter Hall/Khufu Hawkman to be separate from a Katar Hol Hawkman, . . .

But since I want a Carter Hall/Khufu Hawkman to be separate from a Katar Hol Hawkman, . . .
    Hahaha see its funny I think I'm the only Hawkman fan in the world who loves all the iterations of Hawkman be it the Kate Hol, the Thanagarian Space cop, or Carter Hall the archaeologist who happens to be a reincarnation of Khufu or the combination of all these into a single being who happens to have lived many ldifferent lives. This is all speculation for now until we get a clear intention from DC and we don't know yet what Snyder meant by integrating all the best aspects of Carter and Katar.

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

About what I expected/hoping for .

Hahaha see its funny I think I'm the only Hawkman fan in the world who loves all the iterations of Hawkman be it the Kate Hol, the Thanagarian Space cop . . .
    Wait a minute: Katar had a sex-change at some point?!?

Wait a minute: Katar had a sex-change at some point?!?
    Yeah didn't ya hear it was during THAT crisis...😛

Blasted typos. ..lol

It does make one wonder though.

At some point in all those reincarnations, was there ever a point where Carter was born as Clara (or Kendra was Karl)? How would that impact the bond, and their sexuality? When and where did it take place? That could be a fascinating story I think, though I don't know who could possibly write it competently.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It does make one wonder though.

At some point in all those reincarnations, was there ever a point where Carter was born as Clara (or Kendra was Karl)? How would that impact the bond, and their sexuality? When and where did it take place? That could be a fascinating story I think, though I don't know who could possibly write it competently.
    Or if they were both reincarnated in same-sex bodies? The possibilities are (almost) endless...!

But yeah, there's not a ton of writers who could pull that off. Maybe Gail Simone..?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Or if they were both reincarnated in same-sex bodies? The possibilities are (almost) endless...!
    That's what I mean. What if Carter was born as a girl in one (or more?) life, while Shay/Kendra was still a woman? Would they have been lesbians in that life, or would they have still been straight, but "made an exception" for each other? Would that impact their reincarnation cycle in some way? How would they have processed all that, especially if it happened in a time and place that was extremely anti-LGBT? How would their memories of past lives impact this? I mean, if Carter remembers being a man in life after life, and suddenly he's a woman? That'd throw the most stoic of people for a loop. And of course, the same applies to them both being born as men too (this isn't some weird lesbian fantasy).

But yeah, there's not a ton of writers who could pull that off. Maybe Gail Simone..?
    Yeah, maybe? She'd be one of the few who *might* be able to do it, but I think DC would probably have to dive into the indies to find someone able to do this in any way that isn't completely insulting. Simone at her peek probably could've done it, but I'm not so sure about her now. What little I've read of her in recent years hasn't been nearly as good as her glory days with the BoP.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't mind Kendra being used over Shayera in Justice League because they'll probably write her like Shayera anyways .
    Kendra's okay but I would've rather had Shayera because of.....red-heads. At least there's still Mera to fit that bill.