Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Or if they were both reincarnated in same-sex bodies? The possibilities are (almost) endless...!

But yeah, there's not a ton of writers who could pull that off. Maybe Gail Simone..?
    Can anyone remember who wrote the Camelot 3000 comic, in which Tristan and Isolde were both reincarnated as women?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But since I want a Carter Hall/Khufu Hawkman to be separate from a Katar Hol Hawkman, . . .
    That disappoints me too. But I'll be even more disappointed if we don't get a Hawkman/Hawkwoman husband-and-wife team. And it's okay if Kendra remains Hawkgirl, but Shayera should be Hawkwoman.

IMHO DC's big mistake was not giving the Thanagarian Hawks new names to go with their new origin, as they did with Flash and Green Lantern. That's what led to all the confusion.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 03-25-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ditto.

But I don't think we'll be seeing Shayera anytime soon (or ever), so I'll take what I can get. Kendra's a'ight.
    That’s what I’m feeling too. Shayera is my favorite version of Hawkgirl (and one of my favorite characters in general) but DC seems set on only using Kendra for some reason. Part of my wishes they’d just merge them into one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    . . . IMHO DC's big mistake was not giving the Thanagarian Hawks new names to go with their new origin, as they did with Flash and Green Lantern. That's what led to all the confusion.
    Not really.
    They were separate characters on separate Earths. If you could understand that concept, the name-thing was no big deal.

Not really.
    They were separate characters on separate Earths. If you could understand that concept, the name-thing was no big deal.
    Yes, but then they went and merged the Earths; and with no clear distinctions previously established between Golden-age and Silver-age, it became too easy to conflate the characters. I had no problem keeping the Flashes or Green Lanterns straight: I'd seen them teaming up. But with Khufu-Carter and Katar-Carter never AFAIK seen together, they might as well have been the same person.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 03-25-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    . . . But with no Khufu-Carter and Katar-Carter never AFAIK seen together, they might as well have been the same person.
    Well, there was kinda a reason for that after CoIE finished up.

The JSA members (including Hawkman and Hawkgirl) weren't returned until 1992; and during that time DC screwed up Katar Hol by having Tim Truman's Hawkworld three-issue series that reimagined Katar's early days and his coming to Earth from Thanagar suddenly take place in the (then) present-day time, which made all of Katar Hol's post-CoIE stories suddenly become a major problem that DC could never find a good fix for without screwing something else up!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't think it was any more screwed up than having adult Wally as Flash 3 years into Superman's career. For example. There were many tricky things, meanwhile Hawkworld was actually a good comic.

I have good faith in Venditti to bring back that level of narrative for some reason, but I've never actually been into Hitch as an artist.

My personal favorite Katar-&-Shayera story was The Shadow War.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I don't think it was any more screwed up than having adult Wally as Flash 3 years into Superman's career. For example. There were many tricky things, meanwhile Hawkworld was actually a good comic.
    Oh, the comic book itself was good.
    It's all the screw-ups and contradictions that resulted from DC not having the initial three-issue series retroactively take place in the past that was the fustercluck. Every time they tried to fix one thing, it changed/contradicted something else.

They've got the first issue listings at Previewsworld:

HAWKMAN #1
    (W) Robert Venditti (A/CA) Bryan Hitch

Spinning out of the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, Carter Hall returns to the DC Universe! An explorer of the ancient and unknown, Hawkman finds himself embroiled in a long-standing mission to discover the true purpose of his many reincarnations. Carter races around the globe trying to piece together an ancient prophecy, but will he be able to face down his past lives lurking around every corner?
    In Shops: Jun 13, 2018
    SRP: $3.99
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR180138

There's suppose to be a variant cover by Stejpan Sejic (but it's not shown just yet).

And a couple of things from that interview mentioned in the original post concern me:
    ... Venditti said. “And to do that we’re going to take him to a lot of unexpected, unexplored places and introduce a lot of new mythology for the character.”
    ... Hitch said. “Carter [Hawkman] is the DCU’s greatest warrior, but he’s also part of its secret history. All of that gives you such a rich visual tapestry as an artist to play with.”
    I'm worried about what all that could mean.

They've got the first issue listings at Previewsworld:https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR180138

There's suppose to be a variant cover by Stejpan Sejic (but it's not shown just yet).

And a couple of things from that interview mentioned in the original post concern me:I'm worried about what all that could mean.
    I'm guessing it probably refers to Carter's ties to the Dark Multiverese, and might also tie-in to what Kendra will be learning about herself in Snyder's Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing it probably refers to Carter's ties to the Dark Multiverese, and might also tie-in to what Kendra will be learning about herself in Snyder's Justice League.
    But unless they're throwing out most of Hawkman's past, the last thing he needs is to have "a lot of new mythology" tacked on to his already facacta back-story.

I've actually really enjoyed Venditti's run on GL and Hal N Pals! I look forward to seeing what he can do with Hawkman.

They've got the first issue listings at Previewsworld:
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR180138

There's suppose to be a variant cover by Stejpan Sejic . . .
    Here's what they have for that variant cover:

Is it just me, or are both of these covers totally . . . meh?

Here's what they have for that variant cover:

Is it just me, or are both of these covers totally . . . meh?
    The first one is not bad, but the second one looks rather silly and cartoonish.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Not really a fan of Hawkman, but I always thought the character looked cool. Venditti work on Eternal Warrior was really good and since both books talk about immortal warrior i think this could be good too.