Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Definitely the best issue of the series, but Jimmy and Bloodstorm need more to do. There were on the cover and everything, but barely had a page or two of focused story. I get Bunn just loves Magneto to death, but come on. The Madripoor ninja kids got more paneltime.
    You have to admit Bloodstorm looked good though
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Well Jimmy and Bloodstorm still have more of a character arc in this series than the poor background page-fillers known as Angel and Iceman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    ... Bunn’s Emma... I hope she calls Alex “Basilisk” when she’s... him in her dungeon.
    HA! He'd...

... be into it, I'm sure. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Set up issues work great when the comic is released twice a month
    And this really succeeded in doing that, I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    ... the threat of Mothervine...

... Wanda and Malice...
    When all's said & done, been thinkin' it may just have lasting, MAJOR repercussions, and end up bein' the true bookend, counterpoint event to:

Freudian slip, lol... LORNA!

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Wait and see on malice, I think there'll be a payoff...
    That's where all my hope lies, so keepin' my fingers X'd, and am prayin' for the best.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-14-2018 at 04:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Please remind me, why are we not rooting for the cabal? I mean, more mutants = good thing! Right??
    Not the way they're doin' it, I don't think.

But who knows, if perfected... I mean, ya...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Really liked this issue. I can feel how dire the situation is from seeing perspectives from both sides. Glad that the secondary mutation angle is getting play. Thought that it can be a interesting element added to X-lore not just from a adding a power perspective, but also other developements that could add to a story.

The pairing of Alex and Bastion was great to me. In a sense we have a inverted Havok, and i think his Inversion may not still be as much as a factor on him. Teamed with a Bastion trying to help mutants gain more numbers. I suspect for his own selfish reasons relating to programming.

I like the team relationship between Emma and Alex 2 X-men that have had their reps take a hit due to being a scapegoat. I love that they are possible stopping a disaster that could effect mutants and humans.

BANNED

So far Bunn has never disappointed me when writing anti heroes, so I have mid expectations from him in this arc

Really enjoyable issue.
    >Great Molina art. It makes all the non-R.B. Silva fill-in artists look horrible by comparison.
    >I'm sure Gazing Nightshade or whatever her name is will help Polaris/Malice/Polmalice through the possession and Lorna will come out the other side even stronger blah blah blah. Maybe the same treatment can work on Havok of the Opera.
    >The Teenage Mutant Ninja Madripoorians need to die well. It's the only useful function they can serve at this point.
    >I will always love Prime Sentinels.
    >Shaw now has a powerset similar to his First Class movie version.
    >Miss Sinister must have an anti-Mothervine formula or made Mothervine's effects temporary. I can't see Shaw or Toad or especially Wolfsbane keeping these power boosts. Making it addictive then converting most of the planet sounds like a sinister Sinister move.
    >Briar getting visibly moist at Mags talking about violence... then literally commenting about her fellow supervillain disaster fetishists getting similarly moist? Perfection. Demented but perfection.
    >Hi, Xorn. I really hope these idiots don't accept your tea.
    >Wolvie #451 and NOT!Bloodstorm are fine but will hopefully engage in the violence the O5 never would before dying gloriously. Like the TMNMs, it's their only real purpose in this book.
    >Always after your brother's exes, eh, Havok? If you were Maddie's Goblin Prince, does that make you Emma's White Pawn? That fits since you were Remender's White Pawn, too.
    >Emma's dressed well and not cackling in her villainy. PLEASE be actually double crossing everyone else in the room, Havok included.

Favourite Panels...
    xb1.jpg
    xb2.jpg
    xb3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Oh, I forgot to compliment the artist, amazing job, absolutely stellar.

The writing for Magneto was stellar as well and I felt it was quite strong for inverted Havok and good for Emma as well. Jimmy and Bloodstorm had some nice scenes. Lorna? I said my piece on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Exactly. I don't see why people don't see this. I mean, really? Her character is there for Havok. She's just the supporting act to his story.
    Right now I would agree.

But, I have said this before and even though I am not sure it deserves it at this point I am still giving it to at least Blue 25 to see if Blue finds some kind of depth or agenda for Lorna besides saving her ex.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-14-2018 at 04:56 PM.

BANNED

The SOURCE... of much consternation:

... a VERY interesting, unspoken conversation:

... and the CONTROVERSIAL cliffhanger, we all knew was comin':

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Oh, I forgot to compliment the artist, amazing job, absolutely stellar.

The writing for Magneto was stellar as well and I felt it was quite strong for inverted Havok and good for Emma as well. Jimmy and Bloodstorm had some nice scenes. Lorna? I said my piece on that.

Right now I would agree.

But, I have said this before and even though I am not sure it deserves it at this point I am still giving it to at least Blue 25 to see if Blue finds some kind of depth or agenda for Lorna besides saving her ex.
    Yeah, Molina's work was wonderful as always. He really is stellar.

I'm still going to be following Blue as well, but hopefully these next couple of issues improves for Lorna. A big chunk of this was problematic for me.

BANNED

Who is the artist. I really love the art.

Astonishing Member

I wouldnt worry about Malice, I am sure Polaris will beat her and it will be a character growth moment for her.

I hope Emma and Havok aren't banging, especially because he could be described as mentally ill since his inversion.
    I am mostly curious about Xorn (I think he will make a mess, and he must be angry), and the fight of Magneto and Shaw.

BANNED

This was actually decent. Shaw’s surprise secondary mutation is very cool. The Evil team meeting was pretty interesting clearly they all will betray each then ask for others for help. I liked it.

Any book without the O5 is a million times better. I may not like the direction but this reads a little better

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I wouldnt worry about Malice, I am sure Polaris will beat her and it will be a character growth moment for her.

I hope Emma and Havok aren't banging, especially because he could be described as mentally ill since his inversion.
    I am mostly curious about Xorn (I think he will make a mess, and he must be angry), and the fight of Magneto and Shaw.
    The problem is not the Malice possession. The problem is Lorna of late has absolutely zero depth and zero goals besides saving her ex. She gets possessed? Ok, if goes well or badly. Fine. But, I am looking for more to the character a single minded girlfriend she was in the 1980s.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-14-2018 at 05:29 PM.