Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I hope the day we can say goodbye to trash like the 05 is near. A relaunch is badly needed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I hope the day we can say goodbye to trash like the 05 is near. A relaunch is badly needed
    They still sell well so that day is not gonna come anytime soon. Marvel just found the way of having their cake and eat it with the O5 so they aren't gonna give up on them anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    They still sell well so that day is not gonna come anytime soon. Marvel just found the way of having their cake and eat it with the O5 so they aren't gonna give up on them anytime soon
    They seem on borrowed time now more so than ever. And I would say they sell moderate, not well. They do just about what the other X-men do, not much more or less. If there is a big drop with the next two arcs, that will be telling but I doubt there will be

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They seem on borrowed time now more so than ever. And I would say they sell moderate, not well. They do just about what the other X-men do, not much more or less. If there is a big drop with the next two arcs, that will be telling but I doubt there will be
    There's a good bump with the previous arc and they sell consistently and moderately well. I this current market of decreased sales and cancellations they need more of that in order to keep their sales numbers up, and consider the fact blue cost 3.99 $ and ships twice a month, oh and they'll feature on venomised

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In terms of fleshing out her relationship with Magneto I certainly think that will happen though its pretty apparent why she is there. Its pretty much the same reason why any 20 or 30 something moves back in with their parent. She has no significant other and lost her job for whatever reason. Magneto when she rejoined him this time really didn't have any grand plan other then wanting to stay dead and let the 05 manage things.

Even in the support role she can weigh in on important team conversations like they just had about Mothervine and Magneto going dark knight.

That alone for me would have compensated for me in regards to using her for the big introduction into Havok and his story and I do understand why Bunn did it full well as Havok and his backstory had to be introduced for the Cry Havok arc and he seems to be going with the star crossed love angle.
    It is apparent, it was addressed in #9&10. She is there to help Magneto with the O5 and has been asked to keep him in check. What I was saying was that I would have preferred to have had it fleshed out already, but I understand how with the various storylines and characters taking priority that it would be difficult to insert. This is why I want her to have more parity with the other characters going forward.

That's true, I wasn't saying it wasn't possible in a support role. Just that thus far, for understandable reasons you and I addressed, she has mainly been supplementary to Havok or Magneto as opposed to showing much independence and depth story-wise. She could have done in that brief discussion. Now is certainly the time for that to change, and the Malice storyline could be the opening for that, although I would have preferred it structured so it would occur earlier.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

i actually think it's really close. i don't think they'll be around next year at all

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i actually think it's really close. i don't think they'll be around next year at all
    Wanna bet?

Wanna bet?
    yeah, i do. the writing is on the wall for them. they're not even on a roster of any of the new books, so what are you basing anything off of?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    It is apparent, it was addressed in #9&10. She is there to help Magneto with the O5 and has been asked to keep him in check. What I was saying was that I would have preferred to have had it fleshed out already, but I understand how with the various storylines and characters taking priority that it would be difficult to insert. This is why I want her to have more parity with the other characters going forward.

That's true, I wasn't saying it wasn't possible in a support role. Just that thus far, for understandable reasons you and I addressed, she has mainly been supplementary to Havok or Magneto as opposed to showing much independence and depth story-wise. She could have done in that brief discussion. Now is certainly the time for that to change, and the Malice storyline could be the opening for that, although I would have preferred it structured so it would occur earlier.
    You mean you would have preferred the issues since last year to flesh out things like Lorna’s lines these days and her view on the O5 and the rest? If so then yes I would agree, but it didn’t happen due to the 05 stuff, but catching up still can happen.

In regards to the Malice arc the narrator is unreliable and I don’t really want to think about it. The arc after the next team is put together is what I am looking forward to and where I think it’s possible assuming it is not some Lorna/Malice hybrid to see her take on things.

As much as like Jeen, I want the O5 out of the main timeline for good. I'm not even particularly fond of Blondverine and Blood Storm, but right now the book is miles more interesting that with the O5 around.

Best Xmen Blue single issue so far...BOOM

Love me Havok, Mags, Polaris and Emma Frost....MOAR!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is that Frenzy? Is she supposed to be white now?
    Yeah, it's from Zub's SE United, where they were basically puppets of Emma & the rest of New Tian's ruling class:

... and which I thought was really good, actually. Despite the reoccurring, systemic lightening of skin color problem(s), that should've been addressed & corrected already, a long time ago. I mean, how hard can it be, jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I love Sunfire! :-)
    Same! But I've been thinkin', what if we kept Daken instead of adding Shiro, and in place of Frenzy used:

... MONET, who comes preFAB with fairly significant connections & history with the 4 other main protagonists, Emma, Mags, Polaris, and Havok.

Erik then plays like the Professor, and only enters the fray if necessary, leavin' Lorna to lead a field team of Emma, AleX, Monet, Akihiro, AND:

... SUNSPOT!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-15-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Good read, this might become my new favorite X-Book.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    But I've been thinkin', what if we kept Daken instead of adding Shiro, and in place of Frenzy used Monet, who comes preFAB with fairly significant connections & history with the 4 other main protagonists, Emma, Mags, Polaris, and Havok.

Erik then plays like the Professor, and only enters the fray if necessary, leavin' Lorna to lead a field team of Emma, Alex, Monet, Akihiro, and Sunspot
    Interesting. The only reason I don't want Daken to stay with Lorna's team is that I visualize him on a new X-Force line-up (which probably won't happen anyway). Depending on how well he gels with Polaris, then I think it could be a great place for him. Hadn't really considered the return of Monet, who I assumed would be over in Multiple Man or a potential X-Factor relaunch. I do like your thinking with Sunspot though.

Astonishing Member

I don't like Daken, because I can't separate him from the Romulus stuff.

I like both Frenzy and Shiro, and I would prefer the sisters of Monet (they must be close to 18 now) than Monet. In Gen X Emma interacted mainly with the M twins (who were fused dragon ball style). The real Monet never seemed to like Emma much.