Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    hmm maybe the series is starting to divert from the theme of search of FF to saving of the MV for umpteenth time by Johnny and Ben. While not exactly a trite idea it would have been a bit more than sufficient for zardsky to concentrate on the 616 selves exploring the mv and discovering things the way ultimates did without any alternative variants of FF and doom. this feels more like a animated series take and started me thinking nothing of serious consequence is going to occur.
    While we think this book is about getting Sue and Reed back, in-universe everyone except Johnny thinks they are dead. So it makes sense that it is more about Ben staying true to Reed's want of them to continue adventuring.

I also want this title to continue even when they return so them having stories separate to the main goal is a good thing. I also really like the concept of Galactus/Doom that ate the entire universe.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-15-2018 at 05:39 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    While we think this book is about getting Sue and Reed back, in-universe everyone except Johnny thinks they are dead. So it makes sense that it is more about Ben staying true to Reed's want of them to continue adventuring.

I also want this title to continue even when they return so them having stories separate to the main goal is a good thing. Ib also really like the concept of Galactus/Doom that ate the entire universe.
    Yeah, the reveal on what Doom has done to that universe was wonderfully chilling.

I do hope this title can continue beyond its original agenda of searching for Reed, Sue and the others. Whether it be in the orignal MTIO mode of team-ups or something else, it'd be nice to see it go on. Z'Darsky continues to do a great job of combining warm, funny characterizations and affecting emotional beats with big, cosmic happenings.

I just hope that Marvel doesn't tease out the return of the FF for too long.

I haven't read the issue yet, but is Cheung not doing interior art anymore? If yes, why?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but is Cheung not doing interior art anymore? If yes, why?
    He comes back with issue #6.

Astonishing Member

Right now i dont feel like seeing Red and Sue back. I like the journey of Ben and Johnny well enough. The book is fantastic, i love it. And its kinda funny...

With Jim Cheung leaving Marvel (he's going to be on the JL relaunch with Scott Snyder), I do wonder if this series will continue with a new semi-regular like he was, OR if we're gonna straight up get a Fantastic Four relaunch.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    With Jim Cheung leaving Marvel (he's going to be on the JL relaunch with Scott Snyder), I do wonder if this series will continue with a new semi-regular like he was, OR if we're gonna straight up get a Fantastic Four relaunch.
    This series, from what I've heard, is going at least 12 issues. I'm not aware of anything else else official about this yet. My guess is that Marvel's holding off on deciding until they get sales figures on the later issues. If issues 8, 9, 10 and such sell pretty well without the impact of an FF return boosting them, that's incentive to keep publishing MTIO past a planned 12 issues.

And, of course, timing around whatever Marvel is actually going to do with an FF return and when they're going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    What the crap!? That looks like an awesome story
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

There is something good here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Are you sure he is leaving Marvel? Maybe he will do work for both companies. As covers for one and interiors for the other. Or just covers for DC. Or just promo art.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I don't have a problem with this. It's simply an alternate reality where Doom ended up stealing Galactus's power rather than the Surfer's. It's an interesting take on an old theme.
    Agreed. I don't mind it either. Plus, Doom is my favorite Marvel villain.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    It was in Fraction's FF.
    Ugh. That was a bad run
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Not only does it bring back an old skill that Doom in our universe doesn't use that much anymore but it looks like the device he created resembles the power siphon he used on the Silver Surfer. Gotta give points to artist Valerio Schiti for that

That was my first thought as well. It was like a nod back to the Lee/Kirby FF. I loved that panel

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I also want this title to continue even when they return so them having stories separate to the main goal is a good thing. I also really like the concept of Galactus/Doom that ate the entire universe.
    Yeah, that was cool and different. Just the Earth left, with a ring around it and the sun and that's it. It was a neat imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There is something good here.

Nice catch.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!