All-New Member

Default The Beauty (Top Cow Pilot Season 2011)

First off; I'm sorry if anything like this has already been posted. I did run a search but.... anyway...

Cutting a long story short does anybody know what the score is with this title and/or image's pilot season program?

All-New Member

I emailed image about 6 months after reading The Beauty... I assumed, since it was part of a 'pilot program' that the rest of it was still being put together and it was only natural we'd have to wait a few months. All they said is that it was coming. Other than that they were quite vague, but that was several years ago and my recollection is not perfect. (I mean, I remember thinking how vague and unhelpful the response was, but I put that down to it coming from a PR guy who had little more information on the topic than I had).

But it's been 3 years, more or less. My current assumption is that another issue will never happen.

So... Anybody know more?
    Last edited by Marduk; 07-18-2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: phrasing, grammar

All-New Member

Nobody?

Youd be better off contacting Matt Hawkins of Top Cow.

In general the Pilot Season has been a let down in regards to series with the winners. I can remember three winners actually getting a series, and those were only minis. Too bad, because some of the series were really good, and I think quite a few of them could have been great. Perhaps only as minis, but still, I think they wasted a lot of potential.

The Pilot Season is definitely a let down. It took forever for Genius to go to print. The same with Velocity.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Now that we've finally gotten a second issue, what does everyone think about this series? They're ramping up the action quick and the story is very engrossing.

I wasn't familiar with this as a pilot (I think Velocity was the only thing I read from that deal), so I came in to this one cold. I enjoyed this second issue even more than the first. There's a lot of plot to mine here - you have the conspiracy angle, an epidemic, and with that, social and human issues to explore.

I like how the story unfolds, the way Foster's violent reaction to his change happens off-screen. And we are given bits and pieces of information on what happened, not only through dialog, but in the imagery (the state of his home, his bandaged hands). And with that action centered cliff hanger, it certainly whet my appetite, I want to know more - about these people, their lives and the bigger plot points at play.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”