Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Sentry's Rogues Gallery

who is your favorite Sentry foe? who would you like to see appear more/fleshed out? who would you pit against the Sentry?

The Void

Lance Henrickson...er, I mean Mastermind

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post

who is your favorite Sentry foe? who would you like to see appear more/fleshed out? who would you pit against the Sentry?
    I once did a write up on Sentrys entire rogue gallery:
    https://www.docdroid.net/zff9/does-t...ue-gallery.rtf

My favorite Sentry rogue is probably Cranio - the Man with the Tri-Level Mind, who played a big part in the alternate reality story "The Age of the Sentry". He was just so crazy and was always talking about wanting to start a campaing of terror. I found that hilarious, but at the same time very interesting, because it was open for interpretation.
    I even wrote a short backstory for him:
    https://www.docdroid.net/nla0/sentry-cranio-origin.rtf

I think that Sentry could have one of the best rogue galleries in comics, if they got fleshed out. His villains could potentially be very colorful, but at the same time very dark and twisted. Which is something I tried to acomplish with my short Cranio origin.

With the upcoming Sentry solo series, I really hope we get to see some of his villains. It would be a shame, if it was again all about the Void from the very first issue until Jeff Lemire is done with the story he wants to tell and moves on. But I'm afraid that's exactly what's going to happen. He will focus on Sentry and Void and craft a story around them. Obviously that can be cool and interesting as well, but eh... I feel like Sentry should get more lore first, before we default back to the Void.

Cranio was more representative of Bob than anything else. The tri level mind = Bob, Sentry, and Void.

Sentry was never allowed enough space to breathe to develop his own rogues, outside mentions of 'the General' Void, and whatever was in Age of the Sentry. Age of the Sentry was a lot of fun but I wouldn't necessarily include its villains as Bob's 'official rogue's gallery'. Out of those, Cranio has the biggest chance to make it into the 616.

Mastermind is likely to be ignored. It's not as if his connection to Bob was /ever mentioned again/, not even by Bendis, outside those initial issues that largely seemed a flailing attempt to write out the Void to make Bob 'useable' that he thought better of a short time later.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-14-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    I once did a write up on Sentrys entire rogue gallery:
    https://www.docdroid.net/zff9/does-t...ue-gallery.rtf
    neat! I was wondering if there was a resource for it. the google search took a lot of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Cranio was more representative of Bob than anything else. The tri level mind = Bob, Sentry, and Void.

Sentry was never allowed enough space to breathe to develop his own rogues, outside mentions of 'the General' Void, and whatever was in Age of the Sentry. Age of the Sentry was a lot of fun but I wouldn't necessarily include its villains as Bob's 'official rogue's gallery'. Out of those, Cranio has the biggest chance to make it into the 616.

Mastermind is likely to be ignored. It's not as if his connection to Bob was /ever mentioned again/, not even by Bendis, outside those initial issues that largely seemed a flailing attempt to write out the Void to make Bob 'useable' that he thought better of a short time later.
    wasn't Mastermind the reason why he was in a cell when the Avengers found him? I don't recall.

given the nature of Bob's powers, I wonder if he might unconsciously will some of his foes into being. they could upgrade them, this way (a lot of them were intentional jokes).

wasn't Mastermind the reason why he was in a cell when the Avengers found him? I don't recall.
    Mastermind was cited for the entire existence of the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Mastermind was cited for the entire existence of the Void.
    I wonder if the Hellfire Club had any involvement

I wasn’t aware the sentry had a rogue’s gallery!��

so who do you folks want to add to the gallery? I don't think that the Sentry has ever faced...

Graviton
    The Leader
    Proteus
    etc...

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wasn’t aware the sentry had a rogue’s gallery!��

so who do you folks want to add to the gallery?
    + Void
    + Cranio
    Ursus (There is just something funny about a building-sized superpowered bear. Imagine a scene, where Sentry is inside the Watchtower and chilling, but then he looks out of the window and there is a gigantic eye staring at him: Ursus the Ultra Bear!)
    + General
    + Gorax
    + Danny Boy
    + Xeniac
    + Destroyer Darkmass

That's already a hand full of villains, who are colorful and for the most part unestablished to a point, where you could tailor-craft them for the Sentry.
    Villains from the regular Marvel universe are either too weak or too cosmic to fight the Sentry on Earth. For actual threats you would have to send the Sentry into deep space in order to take on the bad guys. Maybe Thanos? On Earth maybe Kang? Or Doctor Doom, who tries to steals Sentrys powers? But you couldn't pull the Doom card all too often, since he too is too weak to really face the Sentry. Or some super version of Ultron, who can deal with Sentrys molecule manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    + Void
    + Cranio
    Ursus (There is just something funny about a building-sized superpowered bear. Imagine a scene, where Sentry is inside the Watchtower and chilling, but then he looks out of the window and there is a gigantic eye staring at him: Ursus the Ultra Bear!)
    + General
    + Gorax
    + Danny Boy
    + Xeniac
    + Destroyer Darkmass

That's already a hand full of villains, who are colorful and for the most part unestablished to a point, where you could tailor-craft them for the Sentry.
    Villains from the regular Marvel universe are either too weak or too cosmic to fight the Sentry on Earth. For actual threats you would have to send the Sentry into deep space in order to take on the bad guys. Maybe Thanos? On Earth maybe Kang? Or Doctor Doom, who tries to steals Sentrys powers? But you couldn't pull the Doom card all too often, since he too is too weak to really face the Sentry. Or some super version of Ultron, who can deal with Sentrys molecule manipulation.
    well there should already be bad blood between he and Ultron. but don't discount some of the regular universe characters. there are characters that you can't just punch; like the Shadow King. and there's always the potential for one for the inventor villains to create something that hurts him.