Default Shirou Emiya vs. Sieg

Just came from watching the finale of Fate Apocrypha.

Let's see how the protagonists of the respective Fate series fare.

1. FSN Shirou Emiya vs. End of Series Sieg (untransformed, during his fight with Amakusa Shirou)
    2. UBW Shirou Emiya vs. Siegfried Sieg (during his fight with Saber of Red)
    3. Heaven's Feel Shirou Emiya vs. Siegfried/Frankenstien Sieg (during his fight with Karna)

Bonus:

Composite Shirou Emiya vs. Composite Sieg (assume no time limits for both)
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-14-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Ehhh...I’d lean more toward Sieg in the three main rounds, though I’m not an expert on the VN Fate and UBW routes.

Bonus round seems like it would be most interesting if you start throwing in Heroic Spirit EMIYA and EMIYA Alter and the Shirou from Prisma Ilya; (not up on that series, but hear the feats are crazy, especially if you’re name’s Bazett)

Siriel’s more knowledgeable about Fate than me, though. Might have a different take on it.

EDIT: Actually I believe they already did weigh in on Sieg vs Shirou in one of Dark Soul’s threads. May look for that later.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 03-14-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

That was a team-up fight with Amakusa and Kotomine though. This is just a fight between Shirou and Sieg.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    [*]FSN Shirou Emiya vs. End of Series Sieg (untransformed, during his fight with Amakusa Shirou)
    Depends on if Caliburn does all the work for Shirou or not.

[*]UBW Shirou Emiya vs. Siegfried Sieg (during his fight with Saber of Red)
    Sieg wins comfortably by Balmung'ing him. Apocrypha in general having higher-range feats than F/SN makes this a stomp.

[*]Heaven's Feel Shirou Emiya vs. Siegfried/Frankenstien Sieg (during his fight with Karna)
    This is a not very strong Shirou against Sieg at his best (barring maybe Fafnir form if it's as strong as the real deal), so yeah.

Bonus:

Composite Shirou Emiya vs. Composite Sieg (assume no time limits for both)
    If he's included, Emiya Alter's bonkers feat of shattering 101955 Bennu with Unlimited Lost Works means that he explodes Sieg.

Otherwise there's really nothing Shirou can do against Fafnir.
    Last edited by Siriel; 03-14-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Sieg wins comfortably by Balmung'ing him. Apocrypha in general having higher-range feats than F/SN makes this a stomp.
    The way I see it is that they're both under time constraints, and Shirou could conceivably use a rain of remote sword-spam to hit Sieg in his weak point in the back. But I don't think this is standard knowledge, and certainly not something Shirou would know.

If he's included, Emiya Alter's bonkers feat of shattering 101955 Bennu with Unlimited Lost Works means that he explodes Sieg.

Otherwise there's really nothing Shirou can do against Fafnir.
    Shirou would have more feats to draw on from other works, yes. However, I hear that Fafnir from Grand Order is quite insane, yes?

The way I see it is that they're both under time constraints, and Shirou could conceivably use a rain of remote sword-spam to hit Sieg in his weak point in the back. But I don't think this is standard knowledge, and certainly not something Shirou would know.
    Another problem is that Balmung is generally depicted as making a torrent of energy around Siegfried, making an attack from behind working somewhat doubtful.

Shirou would have more feats to draw on from other works, yes.
    Then yeah it's a race between Unlimited Lost Works and Fafnir attacking, because neither have feats to tank their offensive power.

However, I hear that Fafnir from Grand Order is quite insane, yes?
    Considering their respective performance against Shielder he seemingly hits harder than Excalibur Morgan.

Eh, I don't know about Shirou not knowing. If you told me in high school that I had to fight the legendary Siegfried, my first thoughts (besides "I'm screwed") would be "I got to get behind him." It is a core part of his legend: Siegfried killed a dragon, he subbed for his brother-in-law in order to set him up with a valkyrie, and he was ultimately betrayed by a jealous friend stabbing him in the one place on his back he was vulnerable. If Shirou can identify Balmung, then he knows it is Siegfried, and I would think a decent shot of knowing the weak point. The question is if Shirou can do anything about it.

From my understanding, that was one of the differences between the LN and the anime of Apocrypha - the LN spelled out why they were hiding Saber of Black's name, and actually did a better and longer job of hiding it then in the anime.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Correct. In the novels Gordes forbids Siegfried from talking at all to stop him from giving himself away, whereas in the anime Siegfried identifies himself by name to Karna.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If Shirou see Balmung, then the identifies Balmung and everything about it's history. It's kind of his thing, especially in UBW and Heaven's Feel.

I don't think Shirou would have any problem identifying Siegfried, it's just the stopping Balmung part that's a problem.