Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default Superman in JL by Snyder/Cheung/Jimenez

So this is unbelievable to the point where I'm sure the DC thread is already huge. Snyder is a new big go-to writer and Cheung is a big Marvel scoop (wow. With Lee, Kubert, and Cheung, only Mad left for my favorite 90s Marvel). We also have our guy Jimenez drawing Superman, still.

But interesting in its own way is that the newest version of Superman will now be written by Snyder, who mostly wrote Superman in the New 52. This is also a much bigger team, so how do you feel about his upcoming role?

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    So this is unbelievable to the point where I'm sure the DC thread is already huge. Snyder is a new big go-to writer and Cheung is a big Marvel scoop (wow. With Lee, Kubert, and Cheung, only Mad left for my favorite 90s Marvel). We also have our guy Jimenez drawing Superman, still.

But interesting in its own way is that the newest version of Superman will now be written by Snyder, who mostly wrote Superman in the New 52. This is also a much bigger team, so how do you feel about his upcoming role?
    I'm really looking forward to it. It seems like Superman and his rogues gallery are a big part of what sets this in motion so i'm excited about that. I don't know how to work the spoiler part of here so I wont type it out, but people can look for anouncements about the lead up to the new League roster to see what I'm talking about.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I'm really looking forward to it. It seems like Superman and his rogues gallery are a big part of what sets this in motion so i'm excited about that. I don't know how to work the spoiler part of here so I wont type it out, but people can look for anouncements about the lead up to the new League roster to see what I'm talking about.
    You mean Brainiac in No Justice? That's...very public knowledge.

I think Cheung is just doing covers for this, but I'd be happy to be mistaken.
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh hell yes to all of this right here, man!

Jimenez is a star on the rise, and this is the sort of profile befitting of his raw talent. Speaking as unselfishly as I possibly can, I'd have accepted on nothing short of a book like a Snyder headed Justice League book that uses the most well recognized (within the last 15 years) line up. Any thing less would've been a waste.

Snyder has been absolutely killing it with Metal, and he seems to just be in a phase of his career where he's far less restrictive of his writing and how he uses his characters. I think it all started with Super Heavy where he ends it with Batman literally having a megazord fight and having a whole imaginary pitcrew rebooting him like an eva from Evangelion. And Metal was just him going freakin ham. And in this state of swine injected writing he put out a fantastic Superman. I thought it would all be deposited into Challengers of the Unknown, but apparently he's got enough for that and JL.

But all of that doesn't compare to Snyder's greatest feat, as far as I go: making Hawkgirl (really Hawk-anyone) NOT SUCK. Like I'm actually super down for her on the team. And boy do I want to like John Stewart outside of Final Crisis, and I'd be forever in doubted to Snyder for making that happen.

Superman-wise: like I said, he put in work during Metal, and it really worked for me. Really hope he continues the trend. It's also worth mentioning that Bendis and Snyder are apparently working together in some complicity. I originally thought that maybe Superman would take a break from the Justice League because apparently whatever he's doing in Superman and Action will ripple through the DCU, but it seems like he's still going strong. I wonder how his new status quo will directly impact his standing on the League.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Superman-wise: like I said, he put in work during Metal, and it really worked for me. Really hope he continues the trend. It's also worth mentioning that Bendis and Snyder are apparently working together in some complicity. I originally thought that maybe Superman would take a break from the Justice League because apparently whatever he's doing in Superman and Action will ripple through the DCU, but it seems like he's still going strong. I wonder how his new status quo will directly impact his standing on the League.
    I reread Superman Unchained lately and the way Snyder wrote Clark/Superman in that book reminded me a lot of how Bendis described Clark in his interviews recently. I could definitely see them being on the same page about who Superman is, and making sure the character has the same voice.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I love that The Martian Manhunter is finally back on the JLA where he belongs. I wish they'd use Hal instead of John Stewart, but it looks liek they are going for a more JLU style team in some ways. I want Cyborg's history with Nightwing's generation of the Titans to be reinstated in continuity if it already hasn't been, that makes his presence on the league stronger. I really hope Superman comes through as the moral compass and inspiration for the league. .

Incredible Member

I love that The Martian Manhunter is finally back on the JLA where he belongs.
    I am SanityOrMadness, and I approve of this message.

I wish they'd use Hal instead of John Stewart,...
    But not this one.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 03-15-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Jonn and Superman on the same team again makes me so happy.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm disappointed to not have Cheung interiors, because that'd be like sighting Bigfoot and Nessie in the same bog and stumbling over a brick of diamond on your way back to town. But I'm very happy for Jimenez because this is a clear sign that D.C. has been paying attention to his excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But all of that doesn't compare to Snyder's greatest feat, as far as I go: making Hawkgirl (really Hawk-anyone) NOT SUCK.
    eh, I'd literally give up any other comic to see Katar and Kal El on the same page. But this is the most obviously intelligent team to assemble for the big title. It looks like it should excite virtually anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm disappointed to not have Cheung interior, because that'd be like sighting Bigfoot and Nessie in the same bog and stumbling over a brick of diamond on your way back to town. But I'm very happy for Jimenez because this is a clear sign that D.C. has been paying attention to his excellent work.

eh, I'd literally give up any other comic to see Katar and Kal El on the same page. But this is the most obviously intelligent team to assemble for the big title. It looks like it should excite virtually anyone.
    don't worry, Cheung and Jimenez are sharing art duties between issues.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Yay, Kendra Saunders! Yay, J'onn J'onzz! Yay, John Stewart! Finally, more than one Black character in the League at one time! It only took...how many decades?

I do wonder where Simon and Jessica will be going. The other League book? (Prediction -- Carter Hall will be on the other League team too.)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Yay, Kendra Saunders! Yay, J'onn J'onzz! Yay, John Stewart! Finally, more than one Black character in the League at one time! It only took...how many decades?

I do wonder where Simon and Jessica will be going. The other League book? (Prediction -- Carter Hall will be on the other League team too.)
    J'onn's green not black. His last human disguise was also his original white guy skin :P

Quote Originally Posted by micahbevans88 View Post
    J'onn's green not black. His last human disguise was also his original white guy skin :P
    he's talking about cyborg

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    he's talking about cyborg
    Yes exactly. I didn't need to say "Yay Victor!" because he's already been in the League for several years now.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

John Stewart and Black Lightning were both on the League at the same time a few years ago, along with Vixen...and the Jason Routh Firestorm.