Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    John Stewart and Black Lightning were both on the League at the same time a few years ago, along with Vixen...and the Jason Routh Firestorm.
    You're right. I completely forgot. I didn't read JLA at that time because I can't deal with Brad Meltzer and then it became clear very quickly that Dwayne McDuffie (RIP) was the victim of significant editorial interference.

We haven't seen Jason Routh in a long time now. He should come back.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    You're right. I completely forgot. I didn't read JLA at that time because I can't deal with Brad Meltzer and then it became clear very quickly that Dwayne McDuffie (RIP) was the victim of significant editorial interference.

We haven't seen Jason Routh in a long time now. He should come back.
    I think the Firestorm character is a giant radioactive mess right now thanks to the New 52.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think the Firestorm character is a giant radioactive mess right now thanks to the New 52.
    That's a pun, right? Just put him back to the way he was pre-2011 and all is fine. (I wish they'd do the same with Captain Atom.)

BANNED

Official announcement

DC Entertainment continues to attract dynamic, top-name talent, announcing today that artists Jim Cheung (Marvel’s Young Avengers) and Jorge Jiménez (SUPERMAN, SUPER SONS) will join acclaimed writer Scott Snyder (DARK NIGHTS: METAL) in launching DC’s flagship JUSTICE LEAGUE comic book in June.

On sale June 6, JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 follows the events of DC NATION #0 (on sale May 2) and JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE (on sale weekly from May 9 through 30). The Justice League is launched into a mystery that will draw out their most terrible foes…in ways our heroes couldn’t possibly imagine! In this debut issue, Martian Manhunter struggles to protect the team from an incoming threat that will shatter the world as they know it, while a familiar face strikes out on a dark path…

“I am extremely honored, and happy, to be able to launch JUSTICE LEAGUE with Scott and Jorge,” says Cheung about headlining the new series. “It has been many years since I've had the pleasure of working at DC, but when Scott first mentioned this opportunity, I knew I couldn't say no. His energy and excitement has been infectious, and I can't wait to share what we have in store! I can't think of a more perfect book to return to DC on! These characters are ones that I grew up loving, and the prospect of being able to leave my mark on them, leaves me thrilled.”

Shipping biweekly, in JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 on June 20 by Snyder and Jiménez, the League is faced with an impossible decision…and now they must face the consequences! While Martian Manhunter and Batman attempt to recruit an old ally back into the fold, The Flash and Hawkgirl are blindsided by new challenges that could rewrite their mythologies!

“Working on JUSTICE LEAGUE is probably the most exciting opportunity I've ever had in my career,” says Jiménez. “I feel more than ever that this is my moment! I have in my hands a script written by the incredible Scott Snyder starring most important DC characters–Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman! Even better, I have the hyper-mega-talented Jim Cheung beside me! I can't ask for more!”

“Justice League has been the golden ring for me since I came to DC,” says Snyder. “The story I have planned is something I've been building towards through DARK NIGHTS: METAL and I can't wait to tell it in the biggest way possible. And to have mega star Jim Cheung as one partner, and rising superstar Jorge Jimenez as my other partner, I'm just thrilled to get to work!”

“One last thing for my friends, family and fans,” concludes Jiménez. “Quiero aprovechar para decir que el colorista Alejandro Sanchez es tan importante como el que más en este equipo LIGA DE LA JUSTICIA. ¡Tenemos entre manos a los mejores personajes del mundo del cómic! y prometo que daremos nuestro máximo esfuerzo para que luzcan lo más frescos, dinámicos y atractivos que podamos!”

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 arrives in stores June 6, followed by JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 on June 20. Below is a first look at both Cheung and Jiménez’ covers for their issues. Fans can also expect variant covers by Jim Lee and Scott Williams. For the latest information on JUSTICE LEAGUE and all other DC news, check out the website at www.dccomics.com or the DC YouTube channel.
    https://www.newsarama.com/39118-offi...e=notification

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    What's remarkable of that cover is that Batman is smaller than Superman with how he used the Justice League in Dark Nights Metal has left some outraged and some scratching their heads but you would think that someone of Snyder's influence would put Batman at the front and centre.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Fantastic Member

Well rebirth was just about fixing superman which they done a good job. But those other characters need fixing to as well

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by micahbevans88 View Post
    J'onn's green not black. His last human disguise was also his original white guy skin :P
    I feel like JL/JLU having a black voice actor, plus Smallville,Supergirl, Young Justice, etc (plus some New 52 comics) having his main human form being a black man as opposed to his Caucasian form, has people associate him outside of his green self being a relative black guy

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It was kinda funny that they got spoiled before they wanted to announce it, but here we are and thankfully Cheung will at least pitch in for the launch,

Superman looking so important on the cover is nice, but I can't say I'm surprised. I never believed that fan idea that somehow D.C. doesn't care about him.

BANNED

Legion of Doom are returning, confirmed at Wondercon

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Asked about Superman and his role in the book during his spotlight panel, he restated his thesis from Unchained: “Superman agrees to the tenants of no country in the world which means that every country is going to build Kryptonite bombs to stop him — he’s built this human identity he’s going to age out of in a few years, he’s ephemeral, he’s doomed — but he follows the ethical compass that was passed down to him by his parents, and that’s inspirational to me.” Plus, we know know that on the first page of Justice League #1 spoilers:
    DC One Million gets involved
    end of spoilers, which obviously connects back to Superman in a major way.
    Buh-bye

Excited but a little worried about Snyder using those concepts. I mean, he has good will with me for Metal, his most recent work which I've surprisingly enjoyed. So whatever reservations I have when someone tries to go Morrison, its somewhat quelled because of Metal because he's proven he can handle that sort of high concept. As for the shadow of Unchained, I said I'd give him a chance with Superman again and this appears to be it. Again going back to Metal I overall enjoyed Superman's appearances there.

In regards to Batgod worries...frankly I worry about that across the board whenever Batman shows up anywhere now. Its not even limited to a specific writer anymore. Just gotta take that as it comes and hope for the best.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-24-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I wonder how often Snyder will include scenes that make Superman look stupid/ineffective/incompetent while BatGod saves the day and knows all?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

As long as you anticipate it, I'm positive that you'll eventually find it.

It sounds like Snyder will at least write superman differently and more "B.A." than Priest is doing in the current title.