Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

I believe in Ava Duvernay. She seems passionated about the new gods.

If and when New Gods film does happen I hope Orion gets be one of the main stars of the film a long side other New Gods like Lightray, Bekka, Barda and Scott etc, it will be cool see all them on big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    If and when New Gods film does happen I hope Orion gets be one of the main stars of the film a long side other New Gods like Lightray, Bekka, Barda and Scott etc, it will be cool see all them on big screen.
    the main story should be about The Pact. Have a recap of the Old Gods and the war between the New Gods (kinda like the Lord of the Rings) and show how the babies were traded. Then it would follow the lives of Orion, Scott, and Barda.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    the main story should be about The Pact. Have a recap of the Old Gods and the war between the New Gods (kinda like the Lord of the Rings) and show how the babies were traded. Then it would follow the lives of Orion, Scott, and Barda.
    Yeah, I think the main characters will be on Orion, Scott and Barda. I'm sure Lightray will be there as well, but that core trio will most likely be main focus. Scott & Barda, despite their fantastical origins, are easily the most relatable of the New God characters while Orion is the one with the easiest hook for audiences to understand given the Luke Skywalker of it all.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just re-watched Mad Max Fury Road and there really is a whole Apokalips, Furies, Mr. Miracle dynamic to the movie. I really hope Duvernay goes for it and opens up the whole New God's cast of characters. I thought that is one reason the Justice League movie stumbled, there are so many great characters and the focus on Steppen-wolf wasn't enough of an introduction to the New Gods. George Miller's Immortam Joe is the standard to beat for Darkseid and his family. Oh yeah and Thanos from Infinity War!

BANNED

It'll never make a successful ongoing comic, but it might make a good movie if it's relatable.

Which might not be easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I just re-watched Mad Max Fury Road and there really is a whole Apokalips, Furies, Mr. Miracle dynamic to the movie. I really hope Duvernay goes for it and opens up the whole New God's cast of characters. I thought that is one reason the Justice League movie stumbled, there are so many great characters and the focus on Steppen-wolf wasn't enough of an introduction to the New Gods. George Miller's Immortam Joe is the standard to beat for Darkseid and his family. Oh yeah and Thanos from Infinity War!
    George Miller is a self-proclaimed Kirby fan and the similarities between the Mad Max films and New Gods (at least the Apokoliptian half) seem too strong to be a coincidence. In previous films, there was "Auntie" Entity who seemed to be riffing on "Granny" Goodness. And there are always brainwashed child/teen soldiers around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think Last Jedi was that divisive. There were arguments online but that's par for the course these days.
    At least Online it's one of the most divisive films I've ever seen. One of the actresses was forced to shut down her Instagram account because she's still getting so much hate for it months and months later. On Reddit and Twitter there's daily hatred for it still, some fans just started taking money so they can "remake" the movie. It's absurd for so many reasons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    this was pretty good so I would be down for that

There's too much to explore on Apokolips itself to feature so many New Genesis characters in the first film. Maybe they can delve into NG more if there are sequels.

Agree. Scott and Barda should be the focus of the first title, I think. Orion should be important but not the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Agree. Scott and Barda should be the focus of the first title, I think. Orion should be important but not the main character.
    I was thinking the same.

BANNED

We don't even know that there will be a New Gods movie, let alone that it will do well. Let's hold off mulling what to do in the sequels.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I always could see the connection between Mad Max, Judge Dredd, and some of those sci fi British Comics, but never the New Gods. Fury Road to me showed that you could do a concept as out there as a New Gods Movie. The parallels are all over the place, there are stand ins for Kalibak, Para-Demon, and of course Barda. When they get to the rulers of the other towns, Bullet Town I think? That Bullet headdress that the ruler had makes the character looks like Desaad.

Warner bros. studio needs to fully support this with a big budget for production and marketing. casting will have a few surprises but they can get away with mostly non-stars here. it's kind of in the same boat as the Marvel Eternals. Jack Kirby created, but it's mostly been at the fringes of each company's franchise universe. Mostly only Darkseid has been a recurring high profile bad guy in the comics and that's it.