Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Fresh Start Mark Waid On Doctor Strange

Don Cates Strange was getting amazing and now his run gonna be shorter than Aaron?

YOU'RE KIDDING ME?

BANNED

Saw this on the Marvel site awhile earlier. Pretty excited to see what Waid can do with Strange in a solo story. A little unenthused about the idea of him being Depowered and the story going in a more cosmic direction. Hopefully it means awesome teamups though.

BANNED

Glad to have Waid quarantined to a character I'm not interested in, frankly.

Doctor Strange interacting with cosmic beings should be fun. Hope he has some connection to the arcane still.

*extreme Killmonger voice* this is your Fresh Start™, Alonso?

Sorry, I am not happy with a new number one this early. Dr Strange needs a hundredth anniversary issue. He needs a double 0.

No Thanks.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Saw this on the Marvel site awhile earlier. Pretty excited to see what Waid can do with Strange in a solo story. A little unenthused about the idea of him being Depowered and the story going in a more cosmic direction. Hopefully it means awesome teamups though.
    Going in a cosmic direction sort of makes sense though.

If you think about it, the line between cosmic and magical sort of starts to get a bit hazy the higher up you go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    This answers one of the questions I've had lately - where's Waid going for his next ongoing after his Avengers, Champions and Cap runs end?

I was hoping for Strange so this makes me happy. And Saiz on art makes me very happy.

I would say I'm bummed about Cates' run ending so soon but I think this means he's making room for another big book on top of Venom so I'm good.

Not 100% crazy about the de-powered thing but on the other hand, I think the idea of sending Strange into space is very cool. Looking forward to where Waid goes with this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sorry, I am not happy with a new number one this early. Dr Strange needs a hundredth anniversary issue. He needs a double 0.
    With the dual numbering, he'll still get one. When an anniversary issue comes around, they'll acknowledge it for sure.

Well, that just makes me even more glad I already dropped the book right before Damnation started. Doctor Strange just can't catch a break.

So...now we're getting Dr. Strange, de-powered and in space.

Man they've really run out of ideas for this character, haven't they ?

I dunno. At least I have more confidence in Waid actually writing Stephen and less like the Tony Stark-lite others have tried to spin him as (Cough)Aaron(Cough).

Oh wait, Tony had space adventures in Gillen's run. Darn it .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...now we're getting Dr. Strange, de-powered and in space.

Man they've really run out of ideas for this character, haven't they ?

I dunno. At least I have more confidence in Waid actually writing Stephen and less like the Tony Stark-lite others have tried to spin him as (Cough)Aaron(Cough).

Oh wait, Tony had space adventures in Gillen's run. Darn it .
    Frankly Aaron' run had Doc mostly running on fumes 'til the very end.

That all the "End of Magic" stuff didn't get as fixed as Doc thought at least works story wise.

Are we going to get any kind of resolution to Waid's last Dr. Strange story?

Doctor Stephen Strange has lost his connection to the Earth’s arcane power,
    Wha? Magic doesn't just come from Earth. Strange gets magic from whoever he wants to get it from, hell, doesn't he mostly tap it from other dimensions?

This already doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 03-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.