Thread: Tomb of Dracula

Default Tomb of Dracula

I am a fan of Tomb of Dracula and was wondering how fans of the series would be interested in seeing the series return in book form. Marvel does not look to bring the series back (mini or otherwise) or hire Marv Wolfman to write it. So I was wondering if instead of returning to the comic should he instead write a Tomb of Dracula book for Marvel's book series. The series has been doing some original stories in addition to novelizing some of Marvel's comic stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I am a fan of Tomb of Dracula and was wondering how fans of the series would be interested in seeing the series return in book form. Marvel does not look to bring the series back (mini or otherwise) or hire Marv Wolfman to write it. So I was wondering if instead of returning to the comic should he instead write a Tomb of Dracula book for Marvel's book series. The series has been doing some original stories in addition to novelizing some of Marvel's comic stories.
    That would be great. I would love to see both, the series returning and a series of novels by Marv.

I think Marvel never wanted it back cause for many years under Quesada they lifted their noses on the classic stuff. They even had Dracula return as a hero with a bad techno outfit, long white hair, no mustache and so forth. They should bring back the conquering animal from TOD.

Would love a ToD book if it felt anything like the classic series. I own them all in floppies and Essentials and IMO, the black and white art from the Essentials is the best the book ever looked.

Tomb/Dracula was one of my favorites back in the day. Just classic. Not sure they could ever duplicate what they did once upon a time.

I'd love it if it could return like it was, back in the day. But I don't think Marvel are interested in good old fashioned storytelling anymore.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I loved the original ToD run! But I doubt Marvel has the chops to bring him back to glory.

Marvel would first have to get rid of that horrible video game make over they gave him in the X-Men books.

Then get him away from the superhero world, and put him in the shadowy horror / magic world.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Provided they return it to a man of wealth and taste rather a Warhammer character then I'd LOVE to see a return of Dracula to Marvel in absolutely any media.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

who knows. we'll see. I'd rather see Blade have an ongoing solo series or with another team.

Astonishing Member

While the original series has been collected in Essential and Omnibus format, I would like to see the 90s mini Wolfman and Colan did collected. It was done under the Epic label and was in black and white with heightened violence.