View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beauty #20

0 0%
  • Bonehead #3

0 0%
  • Curse Words #12

0 0%
  • Deadly Class #32

0 0%
  • Dry Country #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Infidel #1 (of 5) [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • Mage: The Hero Denied #7 (of 15)

1 14.29%
  • No. 1 With A Bullet #5

0 0%
  • Paradiso #4

0 0%
  • Postal: Laura [one-shot]

0 0%
  • Rose #9

1 14.29%
  • Sleepless #4

1 14.29%
  • Slots #6

2 28.57%
  • VS. #2

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #11 - a Dry Country full of non-believers called Laura

Excelsior, True Believers! In these weekly threads we vote on our fave Image comics of the week and maybe chat about whatever we want, join in! A day late again, maybe this is the new normal?

Last week's winner was a debut one! Gideon Falls takes the honour of being our first new series winning the poll this year.

What's happening this week you ask? Well, Deadly Class is back with a new storyline for one. No. 1 With A Bullet releases its penultimate issue, Paradiso ties up the ends to finish its first arc as does Slots, and the Kick-Ass relaunch sees its first reprint implying good sales.

New this week:
    1. Dry Country is the new Rich Tommaso series, who is just on fire lately. He's delaying the second arc of Spy Seal to finish this series first, a Miami Vice esque detective series about a missing lady. The cover looks really cool imo, and I always like it when series launch without several variant covers haha. Pet peeve.

2. Infidel is a short limited series with a killer premise which I'm just gonna have to copy+paste wholesale: "Infidel follows an American Muslim woman and her multiracial neighbors who move into a building haunted by entities that feed off xenophobia."
    Someone call Blumhouse productions, this sounds ready for screenplay treatment right away!

3. Postal: Laura is the second Postal one-shot set a year after the events at the Fall of Eden. This one's centered around Laura, naturally.

303995.jpg 303996.jpg 301837.jpg

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm pleased to see Slots is right up there with the others--oh wait, that's my vote--well, it deserves some mention. A very much out of the ordinary comic in both content and appearance; a boxing/con artist story with a smart, conniving lead character in a story much like Brubaker/Phillips' Criminal stories. Haven't read Dry Country yet, but it's in my stack of to-be-read.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Voted for Infidel since it's the only one I managed to read. It's a great idea mostly though, but I don't really love the artstyle. Might be worth a look for those who like the visuals from Sienkiewicz in Stray Toasters mode or maybe Wytches, though.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I'm pleased to see Slots is right up there with the others--oh wait, that's my vote--well, it deserves some mention.
    Hahaha

VS is a mess. I'm done with it. I wanted it to be good, but it's just a disaster. Ribic turning in bad work is a fucking shock, but it's right there on the page.

Extraordinary Member

Infidel is only 5 issues? Shoot.

Still winning!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Voted for Infidel since it's the only one I managed to read. It's a great idea mostly though, but I don't really love the artstyle. Might be worth a look for those who like the visuals from Sienkiewicz in Stray Toasters mode or maybe Wytches, though.

Hahaha
    I saw the name of the writer for Infidel and ever since then I can't take the comic seriously. Sorry.

Does no one read The Beauty? At least Rose got one vote.