Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Didn't they do a relatively recent arc with Asgard a floating city in I want to say ... Oklahoma?
    Yes but in the MCU if New Asgard is on earth you gotta explain why certain character aren't helping. Ubless they either kill/or remove from earth all named Asgardian. I don't think anyone gonna wine why isn't random Asgardian Librarian helping fight the big bad though they would be very helpful with they're strength and durability..But Heimdall and Valkryie(Sif if she's alive) are a different story... imagine Heimdall the Avenger... The deadlock beauty... actually I wouldn't mind that

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yes but in the MCU if New Asgard is on earth you gotta explain why certain character aren't helping. Ubless they either kill/or remove from earth all named Asgardian. I don't think anyone gonna wine why isn't random Asgardian Librarian helping fight the big bad though they would be very helpful with they're strength and durability..But Heimdall and Valkryie(Sif if she's alive) are a different story... imagine Heimdall the Avenger... The deadlock beauty... actually I wouldn't mind that
    I think they've teased plans for Valkyrie in future movies (potentially an all-female hero film). Being on Earth would probably facilitate that to some degree.

Heimdall, I imagine, would probably stay behind in wherever Asgard rests in order to keep the people safe. With the Warriors Three gone, Asgard will need every protector it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they've teased plans for Valkyrie in future movies (potentially an all-female hero film). Being on Earth would probably facilitate that to some degree.

Heimdall, I imagine, would probably stay behind in wherever Asgard rests in order to keep the people safe. With the Warriors Three gone, Asgard will need every protector it can get.
    But protecting Asgard means protecting earth. Who knows i just think the easier fix is having New Asgard move to a planet of they're own. Thor leads them and is out of reach, except when theres some huge event they want him back for. I just feel like Thor is the safest of the big 3. Tony is 60/40 he makes it. And cap is as good as dead. All that said I hope I'm wrong RDJ might be the back of the MCU along with Fiege but imo Chris Evans is the heart.

Side note I was listening to fat man on Batman. Is it true that Hayley Atwell hadn't seen Chris Evan with his shirt off after getting jacked for TFA and the scene when he steps out the machine when she reaches out to touch his body wasn't scripted? And just her actual reaction?

But protecting Asgard means protecting earth. Who knows i just think the easier fix is having New Asgard move to a planet of they're own. Thor leads them and is out of reach, except when theres some huge event they want him back for. I just feel like Thor is the safest of the big 3. Tony is 60/40 he makes it. And cap is as good as dead. All that said I hope I'm wrong RDJ might be the back of the MCU along with Fiege but imo Chris Evans is the heart.
    I dunno, I still feel like Tony is as likely to bite it as Cap is.

But I agree Thor is probably safe.
    Side note I was listening to fat man on Batman. Is it true that Hayley Atwell hadn't seen Chris Evan with his shirt off after getting jacked for TFA and the scene when he steps out the machine when she reaches out to touch his body wasn't scripted? And just her actual reaction?
    I'm pretty sure that's confirmed to be true.

I dunno, I still feel like Tony is as likely to bite it as Cap is.

But I agree Thor is probably safe.

I'm pretty sure that's confirmed to be true.
    I give Tony slightly better odds only because he has an easy out. He retires and Marries pepper. He can make Cameos as just Tony Stark to play mentor to younger heroes if RDJ wants or he can just enjoy being retired.

Lol if that's true that's pretty funny. I'll have to watch it again with that context.

I think out of all the major Avengers characters, we're more likely to see a Thor 4 than any of the others. I think Ragnarok gave Hemsworth a renewed interest and it was pretty successful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I think out of all the major Avengers characters, we're more likely to see a Thor 4 than any of the others. I think Ragnarok gave Hemsworth a renewed interest and it was pretty successful as well.
    Yea The other 2 have zero percent chance imo. If there's a iron man or Cap 4 it's a legacy character.

BANNED

The more I consider the question, the more unlikely I think it is that any of the big 3 will die. Captain America is already doing stuff in secret and can continue to do so. Thor can dedicate his life to Asgard. Tony can give up the armor and be with Pepper (again).

The reason you don't kill off major characters in an ongoing franchise is not to keep the possibility of bringing them back open, it's to maintain a positive connection with your audience. Having your characters fade away to make room for new ones allows the audience to hold their favorite endings for their heroes in their hearts. (I suspect, for example, that Star Wars will be shown to be worse off for Luke's final appearance in the near term.) We can imagine out heroes continuing to do whatever we want them to do forever.

That said, tony is mostly likely to die because all of his other arcs have already been told. He's given up being Iron Man, but returned. He's had a relationship with Pepper and ended it, and revived it. He will never truly understand what is in the world's best interests. Dying is the only real way left to progress the character that hasn't been done.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 03-24-2018 at 07:09 AM.

I've seen suggestions that Steve might take over a new version of SHIELD like he did in the comics and I can see that as a believable way of keeping him around while letting him retire as Captain America.

With the writers saying in many ways this is a Thanos movie I hope we get flashbacks from his perspective. Like the one with him and child Gamora is probably coming from Gamora. Also kinda sounds like Killmonger in that he's not completely wrong but you cant get behind his methods. Also have heard ppl describe him as a Religous Zealot. I assume Death is his religion. Anyone else got any more Thanos rumor or speculation?

With the writers saying in many ways this is a Thanos movie I hope we get flashbacks from his perspective. Like the one with him and child Gamora is probably coming from Gamora. Also kinda sounds like Killmonger in that he's not completely wrong but you cant get behind his methods. Also have heard ppl describe him as a Religous Zealot. I assume Death is his religion. Anyone else got any more Thanos rumor or speculation?
    I think there was an interview or article that said something happened to Titan (the planet) that convinced Thanos that life has to be culled in order for the universe to survive.

I think there was an interview or article that said something happened to Titan (the planet) that convinced Thanos that life has to be culled in order for the universe to survive.
    Over population could be a good motivator and all the problems that come with it. Think I heard someone suggest Titan overcame death and no one dies Naturally anymore and that lead to issues and Thanos infatuation with death.

The trailer is magnificent. I think it's fairly obvious that we lose either Cap or Tony in this one. Maybe even both.

Can't wait to experience this movie.

To add to the discussion of which of the core avengers is gonna die in during events Infinity War and it’s sequel. With Chris Evans pretty much done shooting his part for Avengers 4, and him out right saying he is done, it’s safe to assume Cap is either gonna die or be retired ( most likely die). RDJ status is unknown with the MCU and he hasn’t stated whether or not he would stay or go after Avengers 4. But it seems Stark will die or retire after Avengers 4. Thor Ragnorok seems to have renewed Chris Hemsworth interest in Thor but only if the script is good and Taika Waititi comes back to direct.

Scarlet Johansson could stick around considering there is rumored to be a black widow solo movie in the works. Jeremy Renner might be done, but I would mind him having a supporting role/ cameo in the supposed black widow solo film. Mark Ruffalo should stick around for a potential Hulk solo film sequel. But honestly, I think phase 4 should focus on the newer Avengers Spidey, Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant Man, and Guardians with cameos or supporting roles from the original team ( if they choose to stay onboard the MCU and their characters survive Infinity War).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    The trailer is magnificent. I think it's fairly obvious that we lose either Cap or Tony in this one. Maybe even both.

Can't wait to experience this movie.
    As far as I know they are both doing Avengers 4, so I am pretty sure we won't lose either of them in this one. I think we will lose both in 4, but not through death.