Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I kind of agree with the bolded, but I don't know if I would classify what we've gotten for Catwoman has been over exposure so far. She's more of a co-lead, which since we are dealing ith an engagement/marriage plot, is to be expected.
    Some of us would like to read a book about Batman, not Batman and friends. Spin off a Batman and Catwoman book if that is what people want. There is also a Catwoman solo on the way for people who want that. I want a book that is focused on Batman. It is the name of the book for goodness sake. Detective comics is even worse on this. I am having to buy comics that aren't even in the main line of Batbooks to get my Batman fix which seems absurd to me.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Some of us would like to read a book about Batman, not Batman and friends. Spin off a Batman and Catwoman book if that is what people want. There is also a Catwoman solo on the way for people who want that. I want a book that is focused on Batman. It is the name of the book for goodness sake. Detective comics is even worse on this. I am having to buy comics that aren't even in the main line of Batbooks to get my Batman fix which seems absurd to me.
    Sort of like what they did with Superman and Wonder woman? Well Detective can really, and should really, focus on the detectives in the DCU. Batman is just one of them, so Tec having different people in it makes sense, the focus on Batman though, should be Batman, and those that work with him.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    You are reading a book about Batman. A story/stories in a magazine titled "Batman" that put some focus on the woman that will be his wife is still ultimately about Batman and his ongoing story.

I do agree about Detective Comics though. That book should be his, and always his unless Rucka wants to write Batwoman (and only Batwoman) in it again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

If Batman is in love and making preparation to be committed, especially when they start living together, then it makes sense for the book to include Catwoman as well. Her lengthy panel time also makes sense because she's where his attention is focused on right now.
    What doesn't make sense is Damian and Duke's lack of appearance, since they both supposed to live in the Manor, excepting the time Damian is staying at the Titans Tower.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What doesn't make sense is Damian and Duke's lack of appearance, since they both supposed to live in the Manor, excepting the time Damian is staying at the Titans Tower.
    As of the current 'Tec arc and Duke's mini, Cass is also living at the manor and Duke has moved out.

If Batman is in love and making preparation to be committed, especially when they start living together, then it makes sense for the book to include Catwoman as well. Her lengthy panel time also makes sense because she's where his attention is focused on right now.
    Damian also does his Super Sons thing (maybe, hard to say with Bendis taking over).

Fantastic Member

I really wish there was a batman only book that showed him as a competent hero only Snyder is doing that in the JLA. Why is it around the supposed family nowadays they write him as an inept cairacature while in the league he is treated with respect and actually functions as a hero. If that is the case he is better off solo or away from gotham and the family if this continues but that was on both king and tynion

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I really wish there was a batman only book that showed him as a competent hero only Snyder is doing that in the JLA. Why is it around the supposed family nowadays they write him as an inept cairacature while in the league he is treated with respect and actually functions as a hero. If that is the case he is better off solo or away from gotham and the family if this continues but that was on both king and tynion
    It happens in the MAINLINE Bat books and around certain members of the family because they are in need of a come up and this is a lazy way for their writers to elevate them.

Nightwing, RHATO, Supersons, Metal, Batman and the Shadow Brave and the Bold amongst other he is competent and manages to interact with family without anyone twisted out of character.

Anyway now that Selina has a solo I bet you will get more of the status quo batbook.
    Shame since this run has been refreshing and fun.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-16-2018 at 05:39 AM.

I wish King would write a scene where Bruce goes to meet Selina's father in jail, but I'm pretty sure editorial and writers are simply acting like that run never happened.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I wish King would write a scene where Bruce goes to meet Selina's father in jail, but I'm pretty sure editorial and writers are simply acting like that run never happened.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Catwoman is back to virtually having no real, tangible, background.

Although Jones might touch more on that for the solo.

Fantastic Member

How are they still going to explain the marriage in universe I mean she is a known criminal. Unless Bruce wipes out her arrest record while Zatanna mindwipes the world into thinking catwoman and Selina Kyle are different people as well. That would be the only way to make it work in universe too. I want that explained to me as well. It would actually make it better but they forgot that little detail who knows someone should remind king of that. My take would be the only people if they do that who knows Selina Kyle the socialite is really the semi reformed catwoman. If they did this it would make sense I think. Would be the batfamily Lois and Clark Diana and Ivy and Harley. Though Joker, Penguin and Riddler might suspect who she is. Also I could guess Waller Ras and Talia would know as well. That should be the same list that only knows Batmans Identity as well. Plus Hush too. If they do that I want Bruce to apologize to Zatanna during that mindwipe affair and he will realize he was a hypocrite and ruined his friendship on it. A four page plus heartfelt apology with a hug and some tears I think would be nice on that front. Well that is a way to handle that. She would still steal only not only for the rush but against bad guys and maybe get information to bruce or lois to use to expose the corrupt that would be my idea on that. A true double agent who enjoys what she is doing well that is way to fix this and make it make sense to me and others. If he had not thought of this he should

Batman #50 Frank Cho variant cover WIP
    32595213_1620601484705293_585827.jpg

Batman #50 Frank Cho Variant Cover WIP
    32903114_1624109297687845_8708728100302618624_n.jpg

It will be a giant interlocking cover
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-21-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Batman #50 Frank Cho Variant Cover WIP
    32903114_1624109297687845_8708728100302618624_n.jpg

It will be a giant interlocking cover
    No surprise that Cho draws Selina's skintight catsuit very well .