Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

As much as I love Dick Grayson, it seems to me that Alfred should be the best man at the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    As much as I love Dick Grayson, it seems to me that Alfred should be the best man at the wedding.
    Alfred will almost certainly be who walks Selina down the aisle instead.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Are Hush and Heart of Hush presently canon?
    also what about Selina's baby, Helena fathered by Slam Bradley's son?
    Selina didn't know ho Talia was so i doubt it.
    Yeah Tim used to babysit the kid.

I don't want King or Selina anywhere near Damian Selina can bond with Tim. They already have a connection. King has ignored the relationship between Bruce and his son's. Why the fuck should Damian be dragged in now to create stories for Selina?

I don't want Selina interacting with Damian especially after the last time.
    Plus he's got his hands full with his actual mother right now. selina can go interact with another stepson she has 4 afterall and 3 aren't kids of an love rival so less complications
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-17-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    He's in the engagement stage, things will settle down afterwards. I think having the kids tag along on dates might be a little awkward. And if he's been shown with the family at other times, then letting him have some alone time with Selina in ONLY one book out of the many isn't such a bad thing.

I really enjoyed the Damian and Dick interactions. King wrote those as well. Do you have a more touching scene of those two in the other current books that you could recommend?
    Nightwing, Gotham resistance and metal had similar but better scene between the two. Before rebirth there was Morrison's Batman and Robin

Considering that Damian and Tim live in the same house with the happy couple who don't go out on dates a lot there's no reason why they shouldn't have had interactions.

"He's in the engagement stage" Do you know the most important thing about marrying/dating a single parent? The biggest hurdle and the most important stage? The kids.

This a couple that spends times indoors with at least 2 of the man's kids and we've seen no interaction or anything to show that anyone other than Alfred is in their life. Heck they don't even eat dinner as a family. In Nightwing it was established that Bruce sit's down to eat with his family where they talk about the days events but I guess now Damian and Tim have been banished from the dinner table.

Sure this ONE book can be him and Selina then why are we getting these one shot's that make it seem like any of these boys are a part of this? Why have we got people asking for Selina and Damian when the kids have been ignored so far.

As you say let him spend time with Selina alone in this book.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-17-2018 at 06:37 AM.

Yup, and it looks pretty good. Oh wait, I just checked back and the argument actually starts when Jason sneaks the action figure away from Damian while Damian isn't watching. The fight is Damian trying to get it back culminating with burger to the face, while Dick and Duke are joking about how Bruce eats his Burger, while Bruce is trying to have a serious conversation about Bane.

Yah. No family stuff in Batman? It's there, but I guess not the kind of stuff people want to see.
    That wasn't the family that was fan service. Just like Rules of engagement wasn't the family either but superficial fan service which i enjoyed a lot but can recognise for what it is.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Nightwing, Gotham resistance and metal had similar but better scene between the two. Before rebirth there was Morrison's Batman and Robin

Considering that Damian and Tim live in the same house with the happy couple who don't go out on dates a lot there's no reason why they shouldn't have had interactions.

"He's in the engagement stage" Do you know the most important thing about marrying/dating a single parent? The biggest hurdle and the most important stage? The kids.

This a couple that spends times indoors with at least 2 of the man's kids and we've seen no interaction or anything to show that anyone other than Alfred is in their life. Heck they don't even eat dinner as a family. In Nightwing it was established that Bruce sit's down to eat with his family where they talk about the days events but I guess now Damian and Tim have been banished from the dinner table.

Sure this ONE book can be him and Selina then why are we getting these one shot's that make it seem like any of these boys are a part of this? Why have we got people asking for Selina and Damian when the kids have been ignored so far.

As you say let him spend time with Selina alone in this book.
    I'm not the one saying Damian shouldn't be in the story, YOU ARE. I just understand why he isn't. I would love to see more interactions between them, but this story isn't about Damian first-and-foremost and he's the kind of character that pulls focus. Right now, if he were there it wouldn't be about how Selina and Bruce are feeling about each other, it would be about Damian. I thought King wrote a lovely scene between Dick and Damian (centered on Damian) - you think it's fanservice, well then I must be a fan of Damian because I liked it and liked him in it. (I read a wonderful piece of fanfiction that picked up from the end of that story and followed up more on Dick, Damian and Bruce's feelings. It was AMAZING and I wish we could have seen it). I started buying Supersons shortly afterwards. I think Tim is supposed to be still "dead" in the Batman timeline (I don't think the multiple books are concurrent) and that's why we've seen less of him. By the way, Catwoman isn't showing up at mealtimes in the manor in these other books either. Or shown at the manor at all despite supposedly living there. I just chalk that up to different timing and/or she's not the focus of those stories. Do I wish she showed up there? Of course. Doesn't mean I want to hijack those stories to put her in (or deny them from having her there in the future).

Anyway. I can absolutely sympathise with wanting a character to be better treated (Oh can I!). I CAN'T sympathise with wanting to deny story opportunities to other characters out of spite - that just feels mean-spirited.

I'm crazy happy to see all these preludes especially because it allows the stories that wouldn't fit in the main thread.

Some of these lead ups do look interesting. Harley fighting Joker to protect Selina (could finally be the peace maker she needs with the Bat family as a whole). Jason being the black sheep, taking it to Anarky for the crap he's put the rest of the family through. Damian cementing his loyalty to his father by facing his grandfather one last time...

The only real thing the lead up REALLY could have used, was a one or two parter with Damian and Selina teaming up to maybe rescue Bruce or something similar. To bring them a bit closer (if nothing else, so Damian accepts Selina, and Selina gets used to Damian's eccentricities).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Honestly, I don't see how the Bat family interactions in the main title are any more fanservicey than anything else we usually get.

I think that sometimes, depending on how a writer writes their favorite character will dictate if they that writer to continue writing that character.

I think also, the lack of the presence of a character will make some fans of that character not want a particular author on a book run either, because they know that their favorite is not going to show up. I get that because I do that with Catwoman.

And another thing. Let's be honest, if there is a character that you don't like as much now getting a lot of attention, especially if your favorite is NOT, then there is going to be a problem. Whether the writer is good or not. If there are people that don't like Catwoman, (for whatever reason), this wouldn't be the run for them anyway. Just like if there are people that don't like Batfamily stories, then Tynion's run may not be their cup of tea. If they don't like Damian or Tim, then this run is a breather from those characters, etc.

I'm not the one saying Damian shouldn't be in the story, YOU ARE. I just understand why he isn't. I would love to see more interactions between them, but this story isn't about Damian first-and-foremost and he's the kind of character that pulls focus. Right now, if he were there it wouldn't be about how Selina and Bruce are feeling about each other, it would be about Damian. I thought King wrote a lovely scene between Dick and Damian (centered on Damian) - you think it's fanservice, well then I must be a fan of Damian because I liked it and liked him in it. (I read a wonderful piece of fanfiction that picked up from the end of that story and followed up more on Dick, Damian and Bruce's feelings. It was AMAZING and I wish we could have seen it). I started buying Supersons shortly afterwards. I think Tim is supposed to be still "dead" in the Batman timeline (I don't think the multiple books are concurrent) and that's why we've seen less of him. By the way, Catwoman isn't showing up at mealtimes in the manor in these other books either. Or shown at the manor at all despite supposedly living there. I just chalk that up to different timing and/or she's not the focus of those stories. Do I wish she showed up there? Of course. Doesn't mean I want to hijack those stories to put her in (or deny them from having her there in the future).

Anyway. I can absolutely sympathise with wanting a character to be better treated (Oh can I!). I CAN'T sympathise with wanting to deny story opportunities to other characters out of spite - that just feels mean-spirited.

I'm crazy happy to see all these preludes especially because it allows the stories that wouldn't fit in the main thread.
    No mean spirited is using character as plot device twisting them out of shape to suit the writers narrative. I don't want that for Damian. If that's mean-spirited then allow me to be mean-spirited when it comes to fictional characters.

Their exchange so far makes me wary. So NO THANKS

Fantastic Member

If Tom King had written a catwoman solo which he would be great by the way this marriage would have never taken place and most people would be happy with that. another reason why I do not think bat/cat is necessary or will last she can live outside of gotham and be as popular or more than batman they no longer need each other or can be managed in the same book together unlike lois and clark. Also they had to labotomize diana when she was dating superman which was completely bad that is why before I was indifferent to that ship I hate it

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    If Tom King had written a catwoman solo which he would be great by the way this marriage would have never taken place and most people would be happy with that. another reason why I do not think bat/cat is necessary or will last she can live outside of gotham and be as popular or more than batman they no longer need each other or can be managed in the same book together unlike lois and clark. Also they had to labotomize diana when she was dating superman which was completely bad that is why before I was indifferent to that ship I hate it
    The difference here, is that Catwoman was made FOR the Batman mythos, while Wonder Woman was a per-established character with her own history and supporting characters fully outside of Superman.
    Not to mention, Catwoman has literally been his longest running love interest (as off and on as its been) throughout Batman's comic history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Some of these lead ups do look interesting. Harley fighting Joker to protect Selina (could finally be the peace maker she needs with the Bat family as a whole). Jason being the black sheep, taking it to Anarky for the crap he's put the rest of the family through. Damian cementing his loyalty to his father by facing his grandfather one last time...
    Honestly I would've just assumed it would happen because Harley's ticked Joker never proposed .
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see how the Bat family interactions in the main title are any more fanservicey than anything else we usually get.
    I don't think the family showing up in the main book should be seen as "fanservice" unless the writer is deliberately just including them because fans expect or want them to be acknowledged.

Which I guess, given how King has handled it, probably is "fanservice" of a kind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I would've just assumed it would happen because Harley's ticked Joker never proposed .

I don't think the family showing up in the main book should be seen as "fanservice" unless the writer is deliberately just including them because fans expect or want them to be acknowledged.

Which I guess, given how King has handled it, probably is "fanservice" of a kind.
    Having an extended "family" is one of the things that makes Batman unique. He's a "dad" and a patriarch. I wouldn't call it "fan-service" to have those elements in a story.

Incredible Member

Getting a little sick of BatDad, tbh. But I don't have a problem with the wedding having a long guest list. And these one-shots seem pretty neat. Hush's involvement would be a lot neater if Selina's involvement in Hush was still canon...