Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

All I want is a Selina/Damian one on one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    is it even Lonnie? I have no idea what the status is on Anarky, but I thought there was more than one person under the mask.
    Lonnie was Anarky in the current TEC run.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    Jason got him something he didn't order "this is NOT what I asked you to purchase", then Damian rubbed it (literally) in Jason's face. Whatever he got wasn't edible after that! So I think his vegetarianism was still safe.

Cool bite-meal toy though.
    Seriously? And Jason didn’t back hand the kid?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    He was teasing Damian (and it was in the background, not the foreground story). Damian had gotten a Red Hood action figure in his kid's meal, and Jason was rubbing it in. They were being brothers.

The issue was by King just be thankful Jason was competent enough to feed himself mate.

Also because Jason has ever beaten Damian smh

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Lonnie was Anarky in the current TEC run.
    Ah. Was he generally in line with the way Lonnie has been written in the past?

If anything, I imagine Seeley will follow whatever lead Tynion has set up, for better or worse. The one favorite character of mine that I think he's fumbled with was Barbara Minerva/the Cheetah in his brief Suicide Squad run, but he was really only being faithful to her New 52 characterization up until that point. So I don't even hold that against him too much, and think he'd do well with the post-Rucka Rebirth version if he paid attention to details.

But anyway, I'm not super invested in Jason or Lonnie to begin with, so this one is pegged as being the one I'm least interested in at first glane. Catwoman's bachelorette party though, I'm all over that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Honestly, to me the Family hasn't really been a "family" since the N52. That's just how I've felt about it.
    I don't know in Rebrth Tec, RHATO, Nightwing, Superman, Supersons, Metal pretty much every book Bruce has appeared in has shown caring family man bruce except for the main Bat title. If this is what marriage does to Batman then boo and hiss and it's not going to last.

It's not an either or situation and at the moment that's what King's batman feels like.

He was teasing Damian (and it was in the background, not the foreground story). Damian had gotten a Red Hood action figure in his kid's meal, and Jason was rubbing it in. They were being brothers.
    There’s a red hood action figure?!�� seriously, how old is Jason now, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Who is turning up to this wedding?
    When did Jason decide Bruce wasn't insane and get on board so much so that he's security?
    Do the folks in Gotham know Bruce is getting married?
    Did Bruce find out if his vegetarian son is okay after Ivy?
    Who aside from dubios Lois, pod Diana, Gotham Girl, Ivy and Harley are going to be at Selina's party?
    Where is Tim?
    When in the timeline is this taking place?

So many questions.

Also how is it that people are still questioning if the marriage will go through?
    Why would there be one for Tim?

I'll definitely be checking out a couple of these. Hush and Nightwing should be entertaining, and I'm highly interested in the Damian/Ra's one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't know in Rebrth Tec, RHATO, Nightwing, Superman, Supersons, Metal pretty much every book Bruce has appeared in has shown caring family man bruce except for the main Bat title. If this is what marriage does to Batman then boo and hiss and it's not going to last.

It's not an either or situation and at the moment that's what King's batman feels like.
    He's in the engagement stage, things will settle down afterwards. I think having the kids tag along on dates might be a little awkward. And if he's been shown with the family at other times, then letting him have some alone time with Selina in ONLY one book out of the many isn't such a bad thing.

I really enjoyed the Damian and Dick interactions. King wrote those as well. Do you have a more touching scene of those two in the other current books that you could recommend?

Spectacular Member

There’s a red hood action figure?!�� seriously, how old is Jason now, anyway?
    Yup, and it looks pretty good. Oh wait, I just checked back and the argument actually starts when Jason sneaks the action figure away from Damian while Damian isn't watching. The fight is Damian trying to get it back culminating with burger to the face, while Dick and Duke are joking about how Bruce eats his Burger, while Bruce is trying to have a serious conversation about Bane.

Yah. No family stuff in Batman? It's there, but I guess not the kind of stuff people want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Some work from a thematic standpoint. Nightwing vs Hush pits Batman's oldest partner against Bruce Wayne's childhood friend. Red Hood and Anarky are both characters who have challenged the effectiveness of Batman's methods for saving Gotham. Batgirl vs Riddler just seems to be a clash between intellectuals.
    Yeah, but what does any of that have to do with Batman and Catwoman getting married ?

It feels like stuff you would see in their solo books and less to do with the wedding, although I guess it does tease Dick and Jason's roles.

He's in the engagement stage, things will settle down afterwards. I think having the kids tag along on dates might be a little awkward. And if he's been shown with the family at other times, then letting him have some alone time with Selina in ONLY one book out of the many isn't such a bad thing.

I really enjoyed the Damian and Dick interactions. King wrote those as well. Do you have a more touching scene of those two in the other current books that you could recommend?
    It’s the batty bunch! With alfred the housekeeper!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I feel like the occasional scene like the one Dick and Damian shared and the Bat-Burger stuff goes a long way. I don't mind that King isn't using the Bat-Family that much, I don't see anything in the writing that King is making Bruce less of a family man. He doesn't have to have his kids clinging to him in every story.

I definitely think the "family" aspect of the Batfamily hasn't been as strong as it used to be, but I blame that a lot on inconsistent writing, a lack of cohesiveness, and a lot of writers just not valuing certain relationships that used to be a lot more important then they used to be.

But I don't think they're the only franchise with this problem.