Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    All I want is a Selina/Damian one on one.
    Yes!!!!

I will be getting these, and looking forward to the wedding.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but what does any of that have to do with Batman and Catwoman getting married ?

It feels like stuff you would see in their solo books and less to do with the wedding, although I guess it does tease Dick and Jason's roles.
    Hush has been around for important points in Batman/Catwoman relationship and he has used Bruce's affection for her in the past as a weapon. Makes sense he might try to impose. Seely replied to someone who said "always someone who's upset they weren't invited to a wedding" with "you've just described the Hush storyline" (paraphrased). I assume the link with Dick is if he was expecting to be best man and Clark is, so both have a sense of ... not really bitterness, maybe bitterness of Hush part and disappointment or embarrassment on Dicks (or a COMPLETELY different story). It wouldn't be what their fight would be about, but that might be why they make a good match up.

Jason is providing security at Catwoman's bachelorette (or was it bridal party). I don't know Anarky at all, so I can't explain his motivation for wanting to disrupt that... Someone who knows this character better might know. I think Jason being involved in Selina's side rather than Bruce's makes some sense - I always thought there would be an understanding between them because of they came from the same "side" of Gotham, and his offering to be security for her party might be his way of giving a gift that felt meaningful without actually giving a gift. So this might be more situational, and a way for Jason to show his support without looking like it.

Those are just my thoughts.

Spectacular Member

All I want is a Selina/Damian one on one.
    Cats! Let them bond over felines, and sneaking skills.

I definitely think the "family" aspect of the Batfamily hasn't been as strong as it used to be, but I blame that a lot on inconsistent writing, a lack of cohesiveness, and a lot of writers just not valuing certain relationships that used to be a lot more important then they used to be.

But I don't think they're the only franchise with this problem.
    It’s because it’s too big, and there are too many different agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    I don't know Anarky at all, so I can't explain his motivation for wanting to disrupt that... Someone who knows this character better might know.
    I don't know him well, either, but I know they both are sympathetic to the less fortunate. So maybe Anarky sees Selina marrying someone who's the exact opposite as a betrayal of some kind? Though there's still problems with that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I hope the Batgirl one has some interactions between Babs and Bruce that show them as actual human beings who love and respect one another.

I feel like Simone's Batgirl run was the last time we got anything like that, though I admit I've got no knowledge of anything Burnside and beyond.

Mighty Member

Hush has been around for important points in Batman/Catwoman relationship and he has used Bruce's affection for her in the past as a weapon. Makes sense he might try to impose. Seely replied to someone who said "always someone who's upset they weren't invited to a wedding" with "you've just described the Hush storyline" (paraphrased). I assume the link with Dick is if he was expecting to be best man and Clark is, so both have a sense of ... not really bitterness, maybe bitterness of Hush part and disappointment or embarrassment on Dicks (or a COMPLETELY different story). It wouldn't be what their fight would be about, but that might be why they make a good match up.

Jason is providing security at Catwoman's bachelorette (or was it bridal party). I don't know Anarky at all, so I can't explain his motivation for wanting to disrupt that... Someone who knows this character better might know. I think Jason being involved in Selina's side rather than Bruce's makes some sense - I always thought there would be an understanding between them because of they came from the same "side" of Gotham, and his offering to be security for her party might be his way of giving a gift that felt meaningful without actually giving a gift. So this might be more situational, and a way for Jason to show his support without looking like it.

Those are just my thoughts.
    Are Hush and Heart of Hush presently canon?
    also what about Selina's baby, Helena fathered by Slam Bradley's son?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member

So this is basically another kind of ones hot series like the Bruce Wayne: The Road Home miniseries?

Looks cool, Imma buy 'em, but yeah, I'm disappointed we don't have some dedicated TEC team one shot here. Really does highlight how my generation of young heroes got screwed over by the New 52.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Are Hush and Heart of Hush presently canon?
    also what about Selina's baby, Helena fathered by Slam Bradley's son?
    Not sure what is canon to be honest - so maybe it is just a thematic link. And the baby thing always felt like to me a "We don't want selina with a baby anymore, and we can't make it batman's kid otherwise he would adopt it, so let's introduce someone solely for the purpose of allowing us to write the baby out of her story." They originally were going to have her get killed while pregnant with batman's kid, so I have little doubt it was meant to be Bruce's originally. Otherwise why call her Helena. Some bad decisions in that storyline, wish she was allowed to keep the child at least. Or give her a different name.

When someone asked on twitter what a kid of batman/catwoman would be called, Tom answered "Helena". Either Selina starts thinking about trying to find Helena or that storyline is no longer in canon, and Helena is still to come.

(I couldn't help but think what a Batman/Catwoman pregnancy story would be like after reading Miracle Man - it would be an interesting waiting room for them as well, though I don't think anything can really compare to Furies. And honestly it would probably be a home delivery in the batcave)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    So this is basically another kind of ones hot series like the Bruce Wayne: The Road Home miniseries?

Looks cool, Imma buy 'em, but yeah, I'm disappointed we don't have some dedicated TEC team one shot here. Really does highlight how my generation of young heroes got screwed over by the New 52.
    It's specifically for lead up to the wedding, so would be with people closest to the couple or who have the strongest feelings about it (or who are just in the way because they are involved in the activities). Which heroes do you think should have been included considering the theme?

Extraordinary Member

It's specifically for lead up to the wedding, so would be with people closest to the couple or who have the strongest feelings about it (or who are just in the way because they are involved in the activities). Which heroes do you think should have been included considering the theme?
    Well, since Dick, Jason and Damian all get a solo issue, I kind of feel Tim should as well, or at least be included as a part of the group. Him getting. Ignored just follows the pattern from Night of Owls where seemingly no one's treating him as a peer to his brothers in terms of dedicated story time. Cass should be when we consider she was his adopted daughter for a while, but the New 52 did its best to erase her. Still, her and Steph would make an excellent little Rosencrantz and Guildernstern commentary on the event. And considering how Harley is traditionally one of Catwoman's partners, maybe get some Gotham Sirens stuff going on here?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Spectacular Member

Well, since Dick, Jason and Damian all get a solo issue, I kind of feel Tim should as well, or at least be included as a part of the group. Him getting. Ignored just follows the pattern from Night of Owls where seemingly no one's treating him as a peer to his brothers in terms of dedicated story time. Cass should be when we consider she was his adopted daughter for a while, but the New 52 did its best to erase her. Still, her and Steph would make an excellent little Rosencrantz and Guildernstern commentary on the event. And considering how Harley is traditionally one of Catwoman's partners, maybe get some Gotham Sirens stuff going on here?
    Harley is a part of it - she has an issue with Joker.

Maybe the others will show up in parts, maybe at Selina's party (Jason's issue).

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

The thing is Tim is currently angry with Bruce over events in 'Tec so it actually makes sense that he isn't involved here. For once it seems that the Bat office has its crap together insofar as consistency between books is concerned and I could see him blowing off the wedding and anything to do with it because of his anger at Bruce. That's just my opinion though. YMMV.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It’s because it’s too big, and there are too many different agendas.
    I dunno. I feel like we've had a pretty large and extensive family before, either in the late 90's or in the Morrison era, and it was handled a little more efficiently and deftly then it is now.

But I do think other writers' playing favorites or just not playing along has been a factor to some degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I hope the Batgirl one has some interactions between Babs and Bruce that show them as actual human beings who love and respect one another.

I feel like Simone's Batgirl run was the last time we got anything like that, though I admit I've got no knowledge of anything Burnside and beyond.
    I feel like it's pretty rare to get any significant interaction between Bruce and Barbara these days, least of all positive.

I feel like Tim and Cass would've made sense for this, or maybe even Batwoman (if she and Bruce weren't on bad terms at the moment), though Cass is still nowhere near as close to Bruce as she used to be (and "Orphan vs. ____" doesn't sound like a catchy title) and I guess Tim is back to being the Robin who always gets left-out.

Spectacular Member

I dunno. I feel like we've had a pretty large and extensive family before, either in the late 90's or in the Morrison era, and it was handled a little more efficiently and deftly then it is now.

But I do think other writers' playing favorites or just not playing along has been a factor to some degree.

I feel like it's pretty rare to get any significant interaction between Bruce and Barbara these days, least of all positive.

I feel like Tim and Cass would've made sense for this, or maybe even Batwoman (if she and Bruce weren't on bad terms at the moment), though Cass is still nowhere near as close to Bruce as she used to be (and "Orphan vs. ____" doesn't sound like a catchy title) and I guess Tim is back to being the Robin who always gets left-out.
    Can you recommend a specific run that had that dynamic you are talking about? Do you think perhaps having so many characters having their own solo series plays into this at all? Or were the number of solo series about the same.