Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Bryan Hill taking over Detective Comics

Just a 5 issue fill in arc so Peter Tomasi may still take over for a full time run later in the summer.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/ba...over-exclusive

DETECTIVE COMICS #982
    Written by BRYAN HILL • Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA • Cover by EDDY BARROWS • Variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    “On the Outside” part one! Duke Thomas. Cassandra Cain. They and other young heroes don’t intend to stand down, no matter what Batman thinks is best. Who can Batman trust to guide them? They need a teacher...and Black Lightning fits the bill!
    On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

DETECTIVE COMICS #983
    Written by BRYAN HILL • Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA • Cover by EDDY BARROWS • Variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    “On the Outside” part two! Batman wanted Black Lightning involved in the lives of his protégés—but how involved was the Dark Knight thinking? What kind of missions will Jefferson Pierce take them on? And what, exactly, is he whispering in their ears about Batman himself?
    On sale JUNE 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

So. "On the Outside." A story about young heroes. Black Lightning. Yep, it sure sounds like we're getting a stealth relaunch of The Outsiders in the pages of Detective Comics this summer! Just on the off chance you aren't familiar, Batman & The Outsiders was a comic that first hit in 1983, which featured the Dark Knight leading a team of heroes that consisted of Katana, Metamorpho, Black Lightning (him again!), and others. We're ready for this concept to be revisited, aren't you?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Is he any good?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!! Literally just jumped for joy! This is FANTASTIC news!

Bryan Hill is a great writer and The Wildstorm: Michael Cray has been an excellent book.

Obviously I'm also very glad to see Cass sticking around here, but I knew that was gonna be the case the instant I saw Hill was writing as he's said she's one of his favorite DC characters and that he'd love to write a 12 issue series about her.

And Hell, he may even be able to turn me around on Duke and make me a fan!

So yeah, I'm excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!! Literally just jumped for joy! This is FANTASTIC news!

Bryan Hill is a great writer and The Wildstorm: Michael Cray has been an excellent book.

Obviously I'm also very glad to see Cass sticking around here, but I knew that was gonna be the case the instant I saw Hill was writing as he's said she's one of his favorite DC characters and that he'd love to write a 12 issue series about her.

And Hell, he may even be able to turn me around on Duke and make me a fan!

So yeah, I'm excited!!!
    were you the one who suggested they put duke and cass together? Because I was literally thinking of whoever said that as soon as I read the solicitation. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    were you the one who suggested they put duke and cass together? Because I was literally thinking of whoever said that as soon as I read the solicitation. :P
    Yeah, that was me. With Cass safe for now AND Duke working with her my opinion is bound to brighten up on him and as was the case at the time I said it, there color schemes are inverses of each other, black with yellow vs yellow with black; makes a weird comic book sort of sense to put em together in some way.

Somehow Cass making the team does not surprise me but that leaves Luke, Jean-Paul, Tim, and Stephanie what's going to happen to them I wonder though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Somehow Cass making the team does not surprise me but that leaves Luke, Jean-Paul, Tim, and Stephanie what's going to happen to them I wonder though.
    Since this is only a fill in creative team, I wouldn't be sure of anyone on the team at the moment.

Since this is only a fill in creative team, I wouldn't be sure of anyone on the team at the moment.
    A fill in you say i thought this was permanent oh well.

Surprising choice. Michael Cray has been a solid book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    A fill in you say i thought this was permanent oh well.
    "Hill is on Detective Comics for five issues. What could that next project be? It...it couldn't be an Outsiders book,"

"Hill is on Detective Comics for five issues. What could that next project be? It...it couldn't be an Outsiders book,"
    Might as well rebrand Detective Comics as Outsiders.

BANNED

I haven't been too excited by the idea of a new Outsiders book, but if it's Hill writing and Cass returns to the team alongside Jefferson, I'd definitely be on board.

Definitely in for this arc. sounds great.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

.. I am happy because Cass is here but ............. D..ke is here..........

The day with him in one comic with one character that I appreciate(Cass) has come..

Ok... I will see the reviews before try to see this...
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-16-2018 at 01:50 PM.

I don’t get Batman; first he lets the kids join the bat family, and even helped set duke up with his own operation,and now he wants them to stand down? I’m starting to think Bruce has no business recruiting these kids.