Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yeah, that was me. With Cass safe for now AND Duke working with her my opinion is bound to brighten up on him and as was the case at the time I said it, there color schemes are inverses of each other, black with yellow vs yellow with black; makes a weird comic book sort of sense to put em together in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    .. I am happy because Cass is here but ............. D..ke is here..........

The day with him in one comic with one character that I appreciate(Cass) has come..

Ok... I will see the reviews before try to see this...
    For anybody hatin' on Duke Thomas, had you given the We Are Robin series a try?
    I enjoyed that one, and I've avoided the writing of Snyder and Tynion.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yes, I saw all... And despite I liked ¿Riko?(initially) in the end, I hated everything.. Anyway... This moment had to come some day...

In the future I will talk with Assam for know about the best Cass chapters of this new Outsiders comic.. Or I will read his comments.

I saw in the past that I should avoid Snyder... And after this maybe Tynion too.. All was good before "Tim death", now Steph is ruined..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-17-2018 at 10:04 AM.

BANNED

Yeah I've read it. Not amazing, but not bad either. Duke was pretty likable there, if a bit overshadowed by the other WeAreRobins.

With the title and Black Lightning involved it definitely seems like this arc is setting up a new Outsiders book, presumably with Duke and Cass.

I guess this would deal with what happens to at least Cass before Tomasi takes over (so he can't screw her up).

I saw that Red Robin was a former member of the Outsiders.. Maybe Tim future is this comic..

In that case Kon return.... For 2019..

Oh yes! I sure am excited! A Duke and Cass team up! Who could the other young heroes be?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Might as well rebrand Detective Comics as Outsiders.
    I'm down.

Although you gotta have Halo and/or Looker for me to consider it the Outsiders. But I think they'd be a tough fit for the current tone of the Bat-books.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Seems like a solid choice, although not a fan of it being a fill in arc as those normally become really irrelevant and any developments that occur get pushed aside. Regardless of what happens in the arc more incorporation of Black Lightning into the DCU is certainly a good thing and after tynion pretty much any writer on this book would have been an improvement.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just a 5 issue fill in arc so Peter Tomasi may still take over for a full time run later in the summer.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/ba...over-exclusive

DETECTIVE COMICS #982
    Written by BRYAN HILL • Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA • Cover by EDDY BARROWS • Variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    “On the Outside” part one! Duke Thomas. Cassandra Cain. They and other young heroes don’t intend to stand down, no matter what Batman thinks is best. Who can Batman trust to guide them? They need a teacher...and Black Lightning fits the bill!
    On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

DETECTIVE COMICS #983
    Written by BRYAN HILL • Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA • Cover by EDDY BARROWS • Variant cover by MARK BROOKS
    “On the Outside” part two! Batman wanted Black Lightning involved in the lives of his protégés—but how involved was the Dark Knight thinking? What kind of missions will Jefferson Pierce take them on? And what, exactly, is he whispering in their ears about Batman himself?
    On sale JUNE 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

So. "On the Outside." A story about young heroes. Black Lightning. Yep, it sure sounds like we're getting a stealth relaunch of The Outsiders in the pages of Detective Comics this summer! Just on the off chance you aren't familiar, Batman & The Outsiders was a comic that first hit in 1983, which featured the Dark Knight leading a team of heroes that consisted of Katana, Metamorpho, Black Lightning (him again!), and others. We're ready for this concept to be revisited, aren't you?
    Sounds like to to me as well and I'm all for that. In any case I'm coming back for this five issue run of Hill's. It sounds far better to me than the stuff Tynion was doing with the book and Duke and Cass are teaming up which is something I wanted to see happen anyway. I'm looking forward to it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Seems like a solid choice, although not a fan of it being a fill in arc as those normally become really irrelevant and any developments that occur get pushed aside. Regardless of what happens in the arc more incorporation of Black Lightning into the DCU is certainly a good thing and after tynion pretty much any writer on this book would have been an improvement.
    Well in reality they do sure a purpose. It benefits the writer more than the cast he is writing.

Hill is doing an arc on a book that is ENSURED floppy and shelf space in a store. Same with the trade be it Amazon, public library or Barnes & Nobles.

This help Postal & Michael Cray trades (more than floppies) to sale if someone likes what they read in Detective.

So it helps him way more.

Lightning it helps too because it will be another trade with him in it. By the time it ends-the show will sniffing a DVD release and maybe a early fall airing versus midseason. Also his mini should be hitting trades as well.

Duke's trade pops up around the time this arc ends. So now you got a boost for that one.

If DC was SMART-toss out a Cass trade as well between that time.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yes, I have read it front to back twice. I love the concept, but 1) the pacing is terrible, and 2) Duke is the least interesting character of the five main ones. I really wanted to love it and Duke, but I left the series feeling really let down by everything.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

I'm not familiar with Black Lightning in the comics. How similar is he to the current live-action show adaptation?

Bruce: Maybe forming a team will work this time.

Jefferson:
    What kind of missions will Jefferson Pierce take them on? And what, exactly, is he whispering in their ears about Batman himself?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

Wow Hill is an awesome choice. Postal is brilliant and if someone doesn't make a tv show out of it they are crazy. I'm really glad DC has made a choice like this. It gives me hope that they will go in a direction I like for a permanent writer and aren't just going to throw Tomasi or Jurgens on Detective.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    were you the one who suggested they put duke and cass together?
    Cass and Duke together??

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor