Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The art is really meh, just like the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Everybody looks the same in Sila's pencils, urgh... Was he the only one available to draw Mistery in Madripoor?
    This honestly scares me. I’m not feeling that art at all. And after watching Pinna slowly strangle GenX to death with his gargoyle-work I know how subpar art can kill a series or ruin a mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Did Silas get worse over time? Not only is everyone but Kitty phoning this in, but so is the artist. Cause his work in Blue was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better:

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Everybody looks the same in Sila's pencils, urgh... Was he the only one available to draw Mistery in Madripoor?
    He is?? Not a fan. His art feels rushed in Gold... They all look elongated, with tiny heads.
    Now I wish Land was doing the interior for MIM. Insert tracing joke but really.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I don't really think Storm is the type of person to use such threats as 'I'll feed you your gun' - but what do I know?
    She really would if she were written in-character, which isn't anything that I'd call Guggenheim's storm, but this is one of those rare moments.

I still hate these prison sections, but I expect the Xavier's stuff to be better again.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Did Silas get worse over time? Not only is everyone but Kitty phoning this in, but so is the artist. Cause his work in Blue was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better:
    I think it has to do with the colorists.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Then the colourist for MiM had better be amazing. Everyone in this preview looks like a tailless spider monkey.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Is there any chance this arc isn't going to end with Kitty's team being released just in time to save the day (and Iceman's team)?

His work on both titles looks pretty similar to me, it's just the design work is better and more distinctive on Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Is there any chance this arc isn't going to end with Kitty's team being released just in time to save the day (and Iceman's team)?
    And the wedding planner? That stuffed chicken breast ain’t gonna choose itself.

His work on both titles looks pretty similar to me, it's just the design work is better and more distinctive on Blue.
    Literally the only difference is the colors. I checked the credits. It does look similar, but the darker color style of X-Men Blue saves it.

Yeah. Plus, I think the lack of interesting fight sequences in Gold doesn't mesh with Silas' style. Not monetarily picking up the title but I'm hoping this X-Men extravaganza against Scythian makes Gold readers feel like they haven't actually wasted their money.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Literally the only difference is the colors. I checked the credits. It does look similar, but the darker color style of X-Men Blue saves it.
    Yeah, the colorist is different and the colors can affect mood and clarity, but it's not the only difference. The big thing, to me, is that in Gold the characters are all in either the same orange jumpsuit or the same standard X-Men training uniform, there are also very similar hairstyles among characters. Whereas in Blue, each character has a unique costume and there is more variety in hairstyles and color. The homogeneity of looks in Gold causes Silas' flaws to become more apparent, namely the nearly identical facial features, face shape, and body type of characters of the same gender (which, to be fair, is pretty common among comic artists). His pencils and style are otherwise consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Know something funny, if fake pryo accually wanted to be good he would have keeped the payment and confessed to the cops, freeing the X-Men and geting Nancy arrestes.
    It would have been a good idea but I’m sure she probably paid them via one of those fictional offshore bank accounts you see in movies and comics where it’s untraceable back to her unless the plot demands it.

Yeah, the colorist is different and the colors can affect mood and clarity, but it's not the only difference. The big thing, to me, is that in Gold the characters are all in either the same orange jumpsuit or the same standard X-Men training uniform, there are also very similar hairstyles among characters. Whereas in Blue, each character has a unique costume and there is more variety in hairstyles and color. The homogeneity of looks in Gold causes Silas' flaws to become more apparent, namely the nearly identical facial features, face shape, and body type of characters of the same gender (which, to be fair, is pretty common among comic artists). His pencils and style are otherwise consistent.
    Then the six main characters in MiM should suit Silas perfectly - those ladies have some drastically different fashion styles.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

I mean, it still looks kinda bad. Warren and Jimmy look the same, even Cerebra and Meanstreak look identical.