Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you think there's anything Batman wouldn't forgive Catwoman for?

If Catwoman hid something from Batman would he'd forgive her for it? This is something that I started to wonder like what if she turned out to be like a undercover government agent or something and Catwoman was just a deep cover thing? I mean I keep thinking a good twist in a BatCat story would be that the police turn against him like after some foreign power sanctioned by the Government or whatever decided to clean up Gotham, Batman would as usual find himself fighting the powers that be and ultimately get cornered with Catwoman by his side and they are about to get away he reaches for her but she shocks him by throwing him to the ground and then slaps a pair of cuffs on him.

I like this idea because it turns their dynamic on its head like Selina being the one enforcing the law and Bruce being the one who breaks it by being a vigilante. At the same time I wonder if he'd forgive her especially if she had been like just playing him (not completely of course) from the first day they met and supplied information that allowed whoever she worked for be it CIA, NSA, whatever to dismantle his entire life's work. I feel like it would make a better else worlds story because while Selina would make a cool spy(I mean it definitely fits her) I think it would kind of ruin her thief status.

I don't think Catwoman would do anything that would put Batman in that type of position that he would have to consider "forgiving her". Like she would never kill one of his family members or friends or Gordon.

Despite what some people may try to say, Catwoman wouldn't do anything that extreme.

Fantastic Member

I think that would be pretty neat and I thought of that at times as well. It would make more sense than just being a thief though the part that she loves him is still valid. It would be great that she has the support of the law sometimes doing lesser evil to get to the bigger ones and it would make sense the government does not like vigilantes I expect the dc world would act the same way. It shows bruce doesn't believe in law that allows patronage and the rich could get scott free but true justice. That is why he became batman in the first place but people forget that. for selina it is reality and bruce should just grow up about it. Others have including me would love this make her into dcus black widow they need something like this. The only person who knows the truth of her being in black ops would be talia because they had a run in before she became the cat and she was the only survivor of her unit against a league of assassins hideout that would be interesting and explains her advanced training and add the stuff she learns from wild cat and the armless master as well.

Fantastic Member

I would love this recon and that would add something to the dynamic that would compliment each other. She is a government black ops agent who moonlights as theif and hero sometimes she has the trust of people in power bruce does not because she scratches their back and they do the same for her. Hell that is how it is in the real world especially europe could explain why she is comfortable there.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I think that would be pretty neat and I thought of that at times as well. It would make more sense than just being a thief though the part that she loves him is still valid. It would be great that she has the support of the law sometimes doing lesser evil to get to the bigger ones and it would make sense the government does not like vigilantes I expect the dc world would act the same way. It shows bruce doesn't believe in law that allows patronage and the rich could get scott free but true justice. That is why he became batman in the first place but people forget that. for selina it is reality and bruce should just grow up about it. Others have including me would love this make her into dcus black widow they need something like this. The only person who knows the truth of her being in black ops would be talia because they had a run in before she became the cat and she was the only survivor of her unit against a league of assassins hideout that would be interesting and explains her advanced training and add the stuff she learns from wild cat and the armless master as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I would love this recon and that would add something to the dynamic that would compliment each other. She is a government black ops agent who moonlights as theif and hero sometimes she has the trust of people in power bruce does not because she scratches their back and they do the same for her. Hell that is how it is in the real world especially europe could explain why she is comfortable there.
    I completely agree and I feel like her being a government agent would be a natural progression for her character. What I like about it is that it makes sense and I think it would be hard to not sympathize with her espcially because on the surface she's very playful but realistically she's the mature one in their relationship because she sees the world for how it is where Bruce sees it how he wants it to be. I also think a good twist would be if she in addition to being a government agent had a kid she kept secret from Bruce like Helena Wayne and it came out she hid Helena from Bruce because she didn't want to expose Helena to Bruce's vigilante lifestyle.

I agree about Talia knowing it would also add more reason into why they hate each other and would make it very personal if Talia killed Selena's fellow operatives. Honestly I think it would be interesting if Selena's back story changed like she grew up in a good military family her father died in service to his country and Selina followed in his footsteps and after going under cover adopted a false back story. Though my only hang up is it would suggest that Selina's real name isn't Selina Kyle but I suppose they could work around that and Selina could keep her name.

Alternatively I think a good twist would be for Selina's backstory would be if she once served Talia (like a once trusted BFF and personal body guard) and then they had a falling out when Selina while undercover fell in love with Bruce (then after betraying Talia went to secretly work for a government agency) but that wouldn't work because Talia would have used that against Selina long ago and I doubt Ra's would just let a former follower live and work independently. Also while I like the idea I just feel like involving Ra's with Selina's past at least in a way that would have him very prominent in her would be too obvious for a twist. Also I'd be surprised if Damian woudn't know about his mom and Selina having a secret history that's the kind of thing mom's tend to tell their kids especially if their man has another woman in his life they hate.

Though I like the idea of Ra's kidnapping them both (like waiting for when they are at their happiest to do something) and while beating the crap out of Selina saying to Batman "Let me tell you a story Detective about a man who took in a Stray because his daughter cared for and took pity on the Stray he loved and accepted the Stray like she was his family and then when the man gave the Stray an order to kill a man who failed to become his heir she refused even daring to beg her master to give the fool a second chance to be his heir but the man didn't and the Stray broke her master's heart by betraying him and secretly protecting the man she loved from her Master's wrath." I can just see Ra's making stray cat analogies like that but I think a reveal like that wouldn't matter much to Bruce if anything I think he'd beat the **** out of Ra's for hurting and talking about Selina like that. To be honest if Selina was secretly protecting Bruce for years from Ra's I think that would make Bruce love her even more.

Alternatively I think that would make Selina too much like Talia and I wouldn't like it.

All-New Member

cheating on him

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    cheating on him
    Ironically, Bruce has had far more romances than Selina ever has...I don't think either of them has ever been unfaithful to one another, despite their on again, off again long term tortured romance. Or that it's been played that way storywise, except for maybe one Catwoman and Vicki Vale story I'm remembering from a while ago.

Anyway, I know people cheat for a lot of different reasons, but I have a hard time seeing Selina or Bruce doing that to one another. I mean, after you're romancing Batman or Catwoman, how exactly does it get better than that in the DCU.

Seriously though, they're too evenly matched and waited too long for their relationship to take the next step. They might blow up their relationship another way, but to me it'd feel out of character if they had romantic entanglements with other characters.

If she killed someone in cold blood perhaps, dependant upon circumstances of course. That seems to be the one line Batman won't typically cross or tolerate others crossing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

In the animated verse, he didn't forgive her for facially scarring a woman who headed a cosmetics company that ran illegal animal testings for their products.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Betraying his family or doing something that could end up getting them hurt. Talia is a good example of this. He's forgiven her for a LOT of things that she helped Ra's do. But when it came to hurting Damian, that was a line he wasn't willing to cross over to forgive her about. Yes they have worked together in RSOB, but he never said he was going to allow her forgiveness for what she did to their son.

Another person is Hush, they were friends at one point but he didn't forgive him for his actions. Harvey is another one that at times he doesn't forgive for actions.

Only way he's not going to be agreeing to an "I'm sorry" is if she ends up betraying his family, gets one of them -or their loved ones -hurt or killed, or steals from him or his company. I think if she were to endanger people with her actions he probably wouldn't give her a second chance. There're a few more things but the big ones would be:

Betraying his trust in regard to a mission.

Actions ending up harming his family in some way.

Those are the only times I can see him not forgiving her. The rest is depending on the situation.

BANNED

If selina kept batman from saving a life or doing his work. That would do it.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    If selina kept batman from saving a life or doing his work. That would do it.
    Very much agree with this. Honestly he's probably chose someone else over her because in his mind that's what he's there to do, prevent someone innocent from dying.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

killing one of the robins or alfred probably

I would think murdering someone in cold-blood, but he never tried to bring her in for killing Black Mask.

I guess it would have to be someone Bruce deemed "innocent."

BANNED

running away leaving him feeling stupid at the altar before his family and Clark.