Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Red face Tom King's Batman or Scott Snyder's Batman

What do you thing about this? Personally I like both in a different ways. I think Snyder make more epic stories than king, I loved the court of owls and endgame, his stories are like a movie blockbuster with a lot of action but his arcs are well writen. In the other way, King makes stories where the focus is on the characters and his relationships (I really like catwoman-batman relationship), and I love how he writes about bruce wayne and how he builds his personality, thing that Snyder doesn't do, but his story arcs are not such an epic like snyder's arcs in my opinion.
    So for you what is better batman writer??
    Last edited by jaume29; 03-18-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Snyder. I just find King’s run Mediocre

Snyder.. Despite I hate his creations(d.ke&harper) I prefer his batman run..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-18-2018 at 04:41 AM.

All-New Member

And why don't you like Tom King? When his run started maybe it wasn't very good but the consecutive story arcs are better. And sorry for my english, I'm not english speaker

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Synder. King doesn't seem to care for batman. Compared to Mister Miracle it's difficult to believe both are by the same guy.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Synder. King doesn't seem to care for batman. Compared to Mister Miracle it's difficult to believe both are by the same guy.
    I want to start reading mr miracle, people have told me that's really good. After all Tom King could do more epic stories of batman, he is one of the best writers actually and if he wants can do a masterpiece with the bat. But as you say he doesn't seem to care for batman...

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaume29 View Post
    I want to start reading mr miracle, people have told me that's really good. After all Tom King could do more epic stories of batman, he is one of the best writers actually and if he wants can do a masterpiece with the bat. But as you say he doesn't seem to care for batman...
    Mister Miracle is spectacular. I've enjoyed most of King's work but his Batman isn't for me. Best writer is subjective. Sales wise then Synder blows him out the water.

I'm not going to rip on King's Batman since there are those who see value in it personally I'm just glad we're almost at the halfway mark.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Tom King hands down

Hello Jaume! Welcome! Hope you have a good time here.

My assessment is quite similar to yours. I think Snyder was better. I really enjoyed almost all of his run. It was so exciting and action packed. One thing i admired was how almost everything was so over the top. Year One at best had a cameo of Catwoman while Zero Year had him fighting bone monsters and lions in arenas. I think King's Batman is good. He focuses more on Batman's character. I have some issues with his writing. But overall i think he is doing quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by jaume29 View Post
    And why don't you like Tom King? When his run started maybe it wasn't very good but the consecutive story arcs are better. And sorry for my english, I'm not english speaker
    WELCOME TO CBR..

For this start... Then one Sad joker(what?) vs riddler? I hate Riddler... I ignored this saga and the all next....

I never wanted Batman married... Why I should follow one run for marry him? I only want good adventures..

Selina is better option than Talia... But.. What is the next for Catwoman? As Wayne wife, she can´t be like in the past.. I don´t think that this can interested me..

In the last years Batman fell from my pedestal.. I am not now like other fans who follow almost everything related with him.. Now I replaced him for Damian, but even with Damian, If I can´t enjoy him in one comic(supersons), I say goodbye to this comic..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-18-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Snyder's run went down the drain after his first volume. He failed to create a memorable story after the Court of Owls and his bombastic stories and long-winded monologues became boring to read.

I much prefer King's run on the character, which I believe has better long term planning. King is actually building towards something, so it seems less aimless than Snyder's run. Morrison's run had a definable message and central idea that he worked towards through Batman, Inc. King seems to as well as he works towards the marriage and explores the implications of this on Batman's relationships and his quest to be happy and fulfilled.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

I have misgivings about King’s run but at least I’ve had some fun with it and there are some straight-up incredible issues in it; Brave and the Mold, Elmer Fudd, the Catwoman annual, etc. And I liked I am Gotham too.

Snyder’s run is the most dreadful slog of a run in the history of the character and Death of the Family is the worst Batman story ever written. That’s all I gots to say about that. 😌

Neither, though if forced to choose at gun point, I could at least tolerate some of post-Flashpoint Snyder.
    (I couldn't even make it through a single issue of King's Batman without regretting the money I spent on it.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Neither, though if forced to choose at gun point, I could at least tolerate some of post-Flashpoint Snyder.[SIZE=1]
    This.

Also there hasn't been a good Batman run since Brubaker.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I only read Court of Owls and didn't particularly care for it. James Jr. the psychopath is dumb. Mecha Robot Bunny Batman Jim Gordon also looks stupid as ****. So, I'll pass on Snyder. I've overall greatly enjoyed King's run so far, so I will go with him. Props to him for not creating Harper and Duke.

I used to find Morrison's run overrated, but my appreciation of it has grown immensely over the years and now it's one of my favorites. Neither King nor Snyder is as good as his, but King is far closer than Snyder. I also miss having Dini on Detective. I think the Morrison/Dini era was better for providing good alternatives to each other than King on Batman and Tynion on Tec.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 03-18-2018 at 07:56 AM.