Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I like Tony Daniel's run on Batman proper, in the RIP/Reborn context. I don't find what he was doing in Detective with the n52 very good, though.
    Daniel's New 52 run is definitely a thing that existed.
    I miss Dini's Riddler most. Snyder turned Riddler into "Joker but with bad Riddles", and King had Riddler mostly be a gang leader with complicated plans. Though I will say I kinda liked his Riddler better in Killing Time.
    Snyder's Riddler felt like more of an intellectual darwinist than like Joker. Was Zero Year kind of excessive for a Riddler plot? Yeah, but Nigma's voice felt on-point.

The War of Joke and Riddles (and that weird unbuttoned shirt) just kind of soured me on King's Riddler.
    Shrug. I don't really play powerlevels. I just really don't like the way Snyder sees Batman as the literal center of the universe. On a philosophical and spiritual level.
    There's a reason other DC fans resent Batman so much at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    See, I myself don't see this as a negative, but a key core positive of Snyder. Because I think Snyder manages to find new (and interesting) angles and dimensions to mine for characters like Joker (and Batman and other rogues and sidekicks).
    I think it's fine up to a certain extent but at the end of the day it's still a guy dressed like a clown in a suit trying to mess with a billionaire in a batsuit who fights crime.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a reason other DC fans resent Batman so much at this point.
    Is THAT why? Oh, man. I totally get that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord