Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Red face Tom King's Batman or Scott Snyder's Batman

What do you thing about this? Personally I like both in a different ways. I think Snyder make more epic stories than king, I loved the court of owls and endgame, his stories are like a movie blockbuster with a lot of action but his arcs are well writen. In the other way, King makes stories where the focus is on the characters and his relationships (I really like catwoman-batman relationship), and I love how he writes about bruce wayne and how he builds his personality, thing that Snyder doesn't do, but his story arcs are not such an epic like snyder's arcs in my opinion.
    So for you what is better batman writer??
    Last edited by jaume29; 03-18-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Snyder. I just find King’s run Mediocre

Snyder.. Despite I hate his creations(d.ke&harper) I prefer his batman run..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-18-2018 at 04:41 AM.

All-New Member

And why don't you like Tom King? When his run started maybe it wasn't very good but the consecutive story arcs are better. And sorry for my english, I'm not english speaker

Quote Originally Posted by jaume29 View Post
    And why don't you like Tom King? When his run started maybe it wasn't very good but the consecutive story arcs are better. And sorry for my english, I'm not english speaker
    WELCOME TO CBR..

For this start... Then one Sad joker(what?) vs riddler? I hate Riddler... I ignored this saga and the all next....

I never wanted Batman married... Why I should follow one run for marry him? I only want good adventures..

Selina is better option than Talia... But.. What is the next for Catwoman? As Wayne wife, she can´t be like in the past.. I don´t think that this can interested me..

In the last years Batman fell from my pedestal.. I am not now like other fans who follow almost everything related with him.. Now I replaced him for Damian, but even with Damian, If I can´t enjoy him in one comic(supersons), I say goodbye to this comic..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-18-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Snyder's run went down the drain after his first volume. He failed to create a memorable story after the Court of Owls and his bombastic stories and long-winded monologues became boring to read.

I much prefer King's run on the character, which I believe has better long term planning. King is actually building towards something, so it seems less aimless than Snyder's run. Morrison's run had a definable message and central idea that he worked towards through Batman, Inc. King seems to as well as he works towards the marriage and explores the implications of this on Batman's relationships and his quest to be happy and fulfilled.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Synder. King doesn't seem to care for batman. Compared to Mister Miracle it's difficult to believe both are by the same guy.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Synder. King doesn't seem to care for batman. Compared to Mister Miracle it's difficult to believe both are by the same guy.
    I want to start reading mr miracle, people have told me that's really good. After all Tom King could do more epic stories of batman, he is one of the best writers actually and if he wants can do a masterpiece with the bat. But as you say he doesn't seem to care for batman...

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I want to start reading mr miracle, people have told me that's really good. After all Tom King could do more epic stories of batman, he is one of the best writers actually and if he wants can do a masterpiece with the bat. But as you say he doesn't seem to care for batman...
    Mister Miracle is spectacular. I've enjoyed most of King's work but his Batman isn't for me. Best writer is subjective. Sales wise then Synder blows him out the water.

I'm not going to rip on King's Batman since there are those who see value in it personally I'm just glad we're almost at the halfway mark.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This isn't even close to me. Snyder's run was much more enjoyable and cool. He delved into the Batman mythos, used all of the usual villains, and kept the Batfamily characters involved in some of the storyarcs. Not to mention Capullo's amazing artwork.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    This isn't even close to me. Snyder's run was much more enjoyable and cool. He delved into the Batman mythos, used all of the usual villains, and kept the Batfamily characters involved in some of the storyarcs. Not to mention Capullo's amazing artwork.
    Yes. Snyder tapped all of Batman's unusual villains like the Joker, the Joker, the Joker without a face, and some bad guys that he made up. And he was so respectful to the mythos, utilizing Batman's existing supporting cast as opposed to pushing unlikable OC characters...

Did we read the same run? He **** all over the mythos, rewriting Batman's origin to insert his encounter with Duke before he even had a Robin and retconning the backstories of integral characters like Dick Grayson and Alfred to add drama to new threats like The Court of Owls and "The First Ally." Snyder's go-to story device is inserting things into a character's history, sometimes radically alter their nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Tom King totally lost me in the War of Jokes and Riddles.... what a total waste of potential.
    As much as I love Tom King, I agree. That arc was a huge letdown.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 03-18-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    As much as I love Tom King, I agree. That arc was a huge letdown.
    I've just read "I am bane" and I find it really good. The 3 arcs that I read about batman rebirth are good for me and this week I'm gonna buy the war of jokes and riddles, but this type of comments are making me doubt. I read in websites and this arc has a very good review, why you don't like? And I should buy it?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Yes. Snyder tapped all of Batman's unusual villains like the Joker, the Joker, the Joker without a face, and some bad guys that he made up. And he was so respectful to the mythos, utilizing Batman's existing supporting cast as opposed to pushing unlikable OC characters...
    Eh, we're going to have to agree to disagree. That's why they're called "opinions".
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Snyder's go-to story device is inserting things into a character's history, sometimes radically alter their nature.
    This post was ringing in my ears as I just read the official announcement on the main page of Snyder's Justice League. Specifically this quote - "Flash and Hawkgirl will take on an adventure that could rewrite their mythologies".

I lol'd.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

What do you thing about this? Personally I like both in a different ways. I think Snyder make more epic stories than king, I loved the court of owls and endgame, his stories are like a movie blockbuster with a lot of action but his arcs are well writen. In the other way, King makes stories where the focus is on the characters and his relationships (I really like catwoman-batman relationship), and I love how he writes about bruce wayne and how he builds his personality, thing that Snyder doesn't do, but his story arcs are not such an epic like snyder's arcs in my opinion.
    So for you what is better batman writer??
    Jim Starlin. Thank you for asking. Snyder is boring, his Batman was little more than the Midnighter with an expense account to use gadgets. And this talk of King having Batman want to marry Selina Kyle (of all women) tells me he either doesn't get the character or he can't come up with good stories so aims for stunts. Someone PM me when Bruce/Batman has his ***** back and Damian is killed off for good.
    Last edited by Mia; 03-31-2018 at 01:43 PM.