Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Hello Jaume! Welcome! Hope you have a good time here.

My assessment is quite similar to yours. I think Snyder was better. I really enjoyed almost all of his run. It was so exciting and action packed. One thing i admired was how almost everything was so over the top. Year One at best had a cameo of Catwoman while Zero Year had him fighting bone monsters and lions in arenas. I think King's Batman is good. He focuses more on Batman's character. I have some issues with his writing. But overall i think he is doing quite good.
    Yes, I'm agree with you. I think that I like action packed comics because I started reading comics after watching superhero films, so I really like Snyder's batman but the concepts that uses Tom King are pretty good too in my opinion

All-New Member

Jajajajajaj I have been reading Death on the Family today and I found it entertaining after all, there are some freak things that I like for example the face of the joker. I like this arc but it isn't the best of the run, maybe the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Props to him for not creating Harper and Duke.
    Despite I liked Snyder more than King, only for this, I prefer not see Snyder involved in Batman things.. Gotham will be better without his creations..

Only for not put Snyder again in Batman I support King presence in batman more time.. BUT.. Unfortunatelly Gotham Girl was created for give one girlfriend FOR DUKE too... Someday he will return to King run..

Damn, Snyder legacy..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-18-2018 at 11:34 AM.

I think Snyder's Batman run was great up until Gordon took over as Batman and I think king's Batman run is one of the worst comic runs I have ever read. So, Snyder.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This isn't even close to me. Snyder's run was much more enjoyable and cool. He delved into the Batman mythos, used all of the usual villains, and kept the Batfamily characters involved in some of the storyarcs. Not to mention Capullo's amazing artwork.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Snyder by far. The Court of Owls is the best Batman story since 2011.

Tom King totally lost me in the War of Jokes and Riddles.... what a total waste of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Snyder.. Despite I hate his creations(d.ke&harper) I prefer his batman run..
    Agreed. I can't stand Duke. Harper is tolerable and has potential.

I only read Court of Owls and didn't particularly care for it. James Jr. the psychopath is dumb. Mecha Robot Bunny Batman Jim Gordon also looks stupid as ****. So, I'll pass on Snyder. I've overall greatly enjoyed King's run so far, so I will go with him. Props to him for not creating Harper and Duke.
    This I agree with you on, and was the only thing I didn't like about Snyder's run.

I think the Morrison/Dini era was better for providing good alternatives to each other than King on Batman and Tynion on Tec.
    Well yeah, Morrison blows both of them away.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Agreed. I can't stand Duke. Harper is tolerable and has potential.
    I would be more happy with Harper in the Outlaws than him.... I think that she is more tolerable too..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-18-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    This isn't even close to me. Snyder's run was much more enjoyable and cool. He delved into the Batman mythos, used all of the usual villains, and kept the Batfamily characters involved in some of the storyarcs. Not to mention Capullo's amazing artwork.
    Yes. Snyder tapped all of Batman's unusual villains like the Joker, the Joker, the Joker without a face, and some bad guys that he made up. And he was so respectful to the mythos, utilizing Batman's existing supporting cast as opposed to pushing unlikable OC characters...

Did we read the same run? He **** all over the mythos, rewriting Batman's origin to insert his encounter with Duke before he even had a Robin and retconning the backstories of integral characters like Dick Grayson and Alfred to add drama to new threats like The Court of Owls and "The First Ally." Snyder's go-to story device is inserting things into a character's history, sometimes radically alter their nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Tom King totally lost me in the War of Jokes and Riddles.... what a total waste of potential.
    As much as I love Tom King, I agree. That arc was a huge letdown.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 03-18-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Hmmm... I'm tempted to say Chuck Dixon... Or Doug Moench... Or Alan Grant...

But since they're not choices, I'll go with Snyder - A.K.A. the Lesser of Two Evils.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    As much as I love Tom King, I agree. That arc was a huge letdown.
    I've just read "I am bane" and I find it really good. The 3 arcs that I read about batman rebirth are good for me and this week I'm gonna buy the war of jokes and riddles, but this type of comments are making me doubt. I read in websites and this arc has a very good review, why you don't like? And I should buy it?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Snyder. It was an entertaining to me and was my first Batman run I've ever read.

Not a fan of Tom Kong's run. Only read I am Suicide because Bronze Tiger was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Yes. Snyder tapped all of Batman's unusual villains like the Joker, the Joker, the Joker without a face, and some bad guys that he made up. And he was so respectful to the mythos, utilizing Batman's existing supporting cast as opposed to pushing unlikable OC characters...
    Eh, we're going to have to agree to disagree. That's why they're called "opinions".

BANNED

Neither. But that's all we have for now. Then, both.

Incredible Member

Snyder hands down. His run was enjoyable for the most part. King's run has been a never ending **** show. I had to drop it after War of Jokes and Riddles. That was the absolute worst storyarc I've ever read. Snyder I could forgive for a lot of stuff because he was changing things up to try to match with the new time line of the New 52. King has just been crap since he started. I used to love the idea of Batman and Catwoman together but now he's made me hate them. The whole Cat/Bat thing is beyond annoying. I had to drop Batman for the first time in over a decade. I can't wait until they get a new writer.