View Poll Results: Whose the better inventor? Tony Stark or Peter Parker?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Stark

36 90.00%
  • Peter Parker

4 10.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Tony, since he designed and built a full functionally armour which also had to keep him alive out of scrap in just under a week.
    I seen Tony make a make shift armor and weapon out of a junkyard to fight the serpent society.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

What Slott has done with Peter in recent years is incredible. He's really stepped up his game. That being said, I don't think he's on the same level as Tony.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't think that it is a matter of resources. Tony hasn't been tested often. But his inventions are considered to be futuristic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    What Slott has done with Peter in recent years is incredible. He's really stepped up his game. That being said, I don't think he's on the same level as Tony.
    That's what I heard about Slott. I can't wait to see what he does with Tony.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That's what I heard about Slott. I can't wait to see what he does with Tony.
    Yeah that gets me really excited to see what he'll do with Tony.

Tony has a more proven track record but Peter has shown he candy more with less.

Peter accomplished a lot more than his webbing, He has his tracer plus he reversed engineered the work of many top scientists at a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Tony has a more proven track record but Peter has shown he candy more with less.

Peter accomplished a lot more than his webbing, He has his tracer plus he reversed engineered the work of many top scientists at a young age.
    As I stated earlier. I've seen Tony make a make shift armor in a junkyard while he was homeless. It was against the Serpent Society.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Peter is a better inventor. He has a gift for intuitively creating new technology like web fluid, web-shooters, and spider-tracers; things that didn't exist before. In comparison, Tony has an amazing gift for understanding and repurposing existing technology, but he doesn't actually create much of anything. Arc technology was invented by his father, Howard. Extremis was created by Maya Hansen, and self-aware artificial intelligence was created by Hank Pym. Even his original armor was a co-creation with Ho Yinsen. Tony is more of an innovator than anything else, although I give him props for Avengers I.D. card tech.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Peter is a better inventor. He has a gift for intuitively creating new technology like web fluid, web-shooters, and spider-tracers; things that didn't exist before. In comparison, Tony has an amazing gift for understanding and repurposing existing technology, but he doesn't actually create much of anything. Arc technology was invented by his father, Howard. Extremis was created by Maya Hansen, and self-aware artificial intelligence was created by Hank Pym. Even his original armor was a co-creation with Ho Yinsen. Tony is more of an innovator than anything else, although I give him props for Avengers I.D. card tech.
    Did Howard create the arc technology in the comics? As for Yinsen, the Iron Man armour was all Tony's idea Yinsen just helped due to Tony's injuries.

Also, I thought the original creator of self-aware a.i was the creator of the original Human Torch.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-19-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Tony is both an inventor and an innovator. Some of his inventions are mandroids, particle beam torpedo, helicarriers, Friday, HOMER, PLATO which are AI's, the works which is a smart building, guardsmen armor, LMD's, and the flying cars for SHIELD and most of their tech. Just to name a few.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-19-2018 at 01:20 AM.

I'm a spider-man fanboy and I admit Stark blows him out of the water. But like other posters have mentioned, one has literally all the resources they ever need and one can't hold down a part time job. Parker has clearly demonstrated multiple times to have the same raw intelligence as Stark (that's why Peter can manipulate Stark/Pym tech), but the reality is circumstances DO matter and it factors into the choices they've made and where they are. Peter showed us he can fully compete with higher minds.. but as they themselves point out to him, he's kinda lazy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Did Howard create the arc technology in the comics? As for Yinsen, the Iron Man armour was all Tony's idea Yinsen just helped due to Tony's injuries.

Also, I thought the original creator of self-aware a.i was the creator of the original Human Torch.
    You're right, I was thinking of the movies when I wrote that. In the comics, arc tech is repurposed repulsor technology, and Marvel doesn't list who created Repulsor tech. It might have been Boliver Trask or the original Crimson Dynamo, Anton Vanko. Toni Ho says Yinsen did more than just follow Stark's instructions; the creation of the mark 1 was a collaboration. Good catch on the Human Torch thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony is both an inventor and an innovator. Some of his inventions are mandroids, particle beam torpedo, helicarriers, Friday, HOMER, PLATO which are AI's, the works which is a smart building, guardsmen armor, LMD's, and the flying cars for SHIELD and most of their tech. Just to name a few.
    Everything you've listed is either derivative of a prior invention or was conceptualized by someone else. Helicarriers were retconned to be a Howard Stark idea, Phineus Horton created self-aware A/I, mandroids and guardsmen are just less effective Iron Man suits, flying cars have existed in 616 marvel since the 19th century, and the 'particle beam torpedo' is just more repulsor tech.

Everything you've listed is either derivative of a prior invention or was conceptualized by someone else. Helicarriers were retconned to be a Howard Stark idea, Phineus Horton created self-aware A/I, mandroids and guardsmen are just less effective Iron Man suits, flying cars have existed in 616 marvel since the 19th century, and the 'particle beam torpedo' is just more repulsor tech.
    But he went on and invented better ones and as stated before Tony invented the armor. Ho helped, but it was Tony's plan. Stark is a polymath. Also when the heroes need an invention. They go to Reed or Tony. Also Tony invented the repulsor tech.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-19-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Double Post.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-19-2018 at 02:49 AM.