Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Black Panther and Storm: A bad idea?

Here are Chris Claremont's thoughts on Black Panther and Storm: https://io9.gizmodo.com/chris-clarem...orm-1822598048

This wasn't really a bad idea; it just came about all of a sudden and was forced on everyone like it was A VERY BIG DEAL. Marvel did not handle this well.

I think this is my very first post on this couple since, ever.

BP and Storm to me feels too... mechanical? It's like all of Marvel characters put their profile on online dating site, and then searched for what the best matched couple would be? Then the computer gave the answer with it's data and stuff.

It had potential and still does. It was just executed poorly the first time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think this is my very first post on this couple since, ever.

BP and Storm to me feels too... mechanical? It's like all of Marvel characters put their profile on online dating site, and then searched for what the best matched couple would be? Then the computer gave the answer with it's data and stuff.
    I feel the same way. I don't like it because it makes too much sense. I feel the same way with the NEW 52 Superman Wonder Woman relationship

They rushed it. It's as simple as that. It made all the sense in the world, from a publicity POV and that showed when they actually did it. It was just done as a stunt. Also, it sidelined Storm from the X-Men to the point she still sorta feels just there in the current books rather than the important character she should be.

I think they could go for a second try but they would have to actually bother to put in the work.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wasn't a fan of it at the start but it slowly has started to grow in me. now i think they are a serious badass couple. king and queen, black panther is the man a goddess like storm deserves.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-03-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Bad idea? No. The execution however...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Bad idea? No. The execution however...
    Seconded. But you see this in real life all the time ... remember that old joke in Extreme X-Men when Logan quipped any decent villain wants Ororo for a bride? Big Egos are attracted to like minds in theory but in reality rarely work out.

The whole thing felt rushed and not thought through, and Storm's character paid the price for it and still is.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Seconded. But you see this in real life all the time ... remember that old joke in Extreme X-Men when Logan quipped any decent villain wants Ororo for a bride? Big Egos are attracted to like minds in theory but in reality rarely work out.

The whole thing felt rushed and not thought through, and Storm's character paid the price for it and still is.
    I also wouldnt mind them getting back together. Sometimes people seperate and come back together after they've grown as individuals.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I never liked it. It's the Marvel version of Clark and Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    It had potential and still does. It was just executed poorly the first time.
    This. Love the idea of them and he's the only man I ever bought as a true match for Storm. Forge, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, etc.... take a back seat

Fantastic Member

Touche. Forge worked, but the Storm-Wolverine was more groan inducing than T'Challa. Friends with benefits was strongly hinted at by Claremont for years, but "true love" it was not.

BANNED

It was a bad idea with what is going to be a long lasting negative consequence.

Astonishing Member

I agree with a lot of people sentiments in this thread that it was poorly handled. They thrust these two characters together immediately without any sort of buildup and I think that was a huge mistake. And then once they had the characters Married it was like they didn't know what to do with Storm from there. I feel like no forethought went into the marriage Beyond "get them married". And instead of putting any effort into fixing the issues of their marriage Marvel decided to divorce them ( with an offhand comment in one panel from a tie in issue of a major Marvel event). On that note Marvel really needs to take notice of how Coates is handling and repairing the Damage Done by Marvel between Black Panther and Storm. You have too powerful and strong characters with a complex background. They could definitely be an iconic Marvel power couple if Marvel decides to put any effort into it that is.

It’s a good idea in theory but bad idea long term. T’Challa and his world would never and and could never fit into the X-Universe and visa versa with Storm.

Problem is Storm could do a lot more and have a higher profile if she had a segway purpose or character to draw her out of the X-Universe. Storm would have been much better off paired with another character who can slide into the X- Men and out of it if need be.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-03-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.