Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Near the end of Bunns Blue run. Or at least bwfore a relaunch retolling. Blue can star havok Polaris Magneto etc while the O5 go back. So basicly as soon as they return from space with Venom they need to go away lol
    X-Men Forever

Right now, it's completely unpredictable. They could go away in five months or five years. I would not be surprised either way.

I think the O5 will remain in the future for the rest of the year. I suspect that when they do go back, Marvel will make a major event out of it. Now, I'm not among the crowd who thinks they've completely outlived their usefulness in the present. Granted, their reasons for being in the future are considerably different compared to when Bendis first brought them to the scene. And a lot has changed since they've been in the future, including deaths, resurrections, and multiple events. But I think they still have something to contribute. And I think they have one last big event in them before they go back. That event may not happen until next year, but I'm okay with them sticking around just a bit longer.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

With any luck, it'll all just be dropped and never spoken of again.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

My dream is that they are gone in X-men Blue #30, or some event just after it. They occupy an important space in the franchise, that should be used with other characters that don't have other versions of themselves running around.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I think they should've gone home at the end of Battle of the Atom, but that was almost five years ago now (holy crap: time flies). If I had my way, they'd be gone tomorrow, but next year is more likely.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    These teens are the original characters and they have to go back to their time in order to prevent some weird paradox.

how much time (real time, our time) do you think they have left before they go back?? how much do you want them to stay?
    3 to 4 years for me

i feel there are some things that have to be resolved before they left, like both jeans interacting or the stupid jean/jimmy/tyke/bloodstorm love drama but aside from that i don't see were their story could go.
    I think they could and should tie up all the 05 loose ends within the next year. I love the 05 but I’m n advocate for giving them a good ending before the appropriate time has passed.

I find it amusing people keep referencing the supposed “romances” between Scott/jean/jimmy/bloodstorrm. We’ve had, what... one panel of Scott and storm hugging, and one or two panels of jimmy yelling “JEEEEAANNNN!!”

I’m sure I’m missimg a few legitimate instances but seriously there is no real romance at this point, just some normal teen flirting.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I think they could and should tie up all the 05 loose ends within the next year. I love the 05 but I’m n advocate for giving them a good ending before the appropriate time has passed.

I find it amusing people keep referencing the supposed “romances” between Scott/jean/jimmy/bloodstorrm. We’ve had, what... one panel of Scott and storm hugging, and one or two panels of jimmy yelling “JEEEEAANNNN!!”

I’m sure I’m missimg a few legitimate instances but seriously there is no real romance at this point, just some normal teen flirting.
    yeah, that last part it's just me being and obsessive shipper. don't pay attention to that

BANNED

5 years 6 months 2 days.

The usual haters wishing they'd die not realizing that would completely wipe out the timeline.

And there's a huge fallacy thinking your favorite d-list character will be featured because somehow the O5 are taking up their spot in the franchise. It's not the original 5's fault XYZ character isnt being featured. It's XYZ fault cuz they're D-LISt. Get over it.

If they've set up the Chekov's gun (the G1 teen X-Men must go back and become the characters we know from the current timeline or the universe is destroyed), they're going to have to fire it eventually. While I would say that they can take their time in doing that story the way they think it's best, if they just keep pushing the return date to being forever somewhere in the future (like how they keep the characters around the same age for the sliding timescale, thus keeping retirement age somewhere "in the future"), it becomes meaningless.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Honestly, not sure. Seems like they will be here a while longer, but it’s anyone’s guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    5 years 6 months 2 days.

The usual haters wishing they'd die not realizing that would completely wipe out the timeline.

And there's a huge fallacy thinking your favorite d-list character will be featured because somehow the O5 are taking up their spot in the franchise. It's not the original 5's fault XYZ character isnt being featured. It's XYZ fault cuz they're D-LISt. Get over it.
    It's actually no character's fault, since they are fictional. It's the writer's and/or editorial's fault. And if a writer finally gets rid of the 05, then they are left with actually utlizing characters not currently being utilized. So, yes, the 05 being around and editorial pushing them, forces the writers to write for them vs the XYZ characters that you are labeling as D-List.

I do agree that they can't or shouldn't be killed off though. However, they have long overstayed their welcome and need to go back in my opinion.
    Last edited by Shadowcat99; 03-19-2018 at 01:05 PM.