All-New Member

Default Help with identification

Hello everybody, not sure if I’m posting in the proper place but I’m hoping somebody here can help me to identify a pin I found while metal detecting. At first I thought it was from the Flash but the colors don’t line up. My research has pointed me towards this being from the late 50’s because of the name and style of the back clutch. This may not be related to any comics at all, but it seems like a good place to start. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah (although arranged different) the colors and style of bolt if it were from comics, is somewhat close to the later stylized Bruce Timm era animated Flash bolt, but that's not quite it, even less if it's from the 50s.
    And it isn't the Golden or Silver age Flash bolt either.
    Or any of Captain Marvels/SHAZAM!
    Another could be Flash Gordon, although it doesn't seem to match any of his.

As for a non-comic related vintage "brand" pin, that could be near that era?
    The brands I quickly glanced:

Reddy Kilowatt
    McDonald's Speedee mascot (LOL that guy is weird, and no lightning!
    Rayovac
    TCB Elvis logo
    Ford had a lightning logo for a while
    Chargers
    Grateful Dead
    AC/DC
    Gerry Lopez Surfboard

Although none matched, there is many more. Curious to see what if anything emerges, .....good luck!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-07-2020 at 01:56 PM.

All-New Member

Thank you for the info and tips. This is turning out to be very difficult to identify. I’ll keep working on it and update if I figure it out. Thanks again.