Default Is there anyway to get a editor for Wonder Woman?

I mean with DC adding a few more books for Diana, why not let them have an editor of her very own?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean with DC adding a few more books for Diana, why not let them have an editor of her very own?
    And what would this accomplish?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    And what would this accomplish?
    Is it not strange how WW being one of DC’s big three of the trinity, that she doesn’t have her own editors? In 75 years of storytelling, I don’t think it’s farfetched for her to have like a historian of some kind who holds her and the fans’ interests at heart as a top priority. Is she unworthy of one?

It helps keep her foundation much more stable. Unlike Batman or Superman who generally at times have their basic storylines more stable. Diana often isn't stable. Editors generally help to make sure the character storyline is stable and can help make the story better. Diana has had some more unstable changes it's really hard to figure out at times. I mean she often goes back to zero and then you are confused why Diana doesn't remember a character she met. An editor would stop things like that generally because it doesn't help with the flow of the story. I wish Dc would hire someone who has written Diana. But most of them don't want to work with DC unless there are certain requirements met. Like with Rucka not wanting to have Diana under Eddie

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Are you referring to Tempest Tossed, Wonder Woman Historia: the Amazons, and Diana's Daughter (working title)? You have to admit apart from Earth One this is probably the most amount of books that involve her.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Well there was sensational, Wonder Woman 76 and legends also . I hope their reconsider continuing 77. I mean I would like it if they also did another book for Diana. Sensational was doing okay why not have it be a mainline comic instead

I don't wonder if Ink and Black Label are under a different editorial office than the main line of comics though?

Having a stronger Wonder Woman-centric editorial office for comics would be great. Something like that might have saved us from what happened to Cassie and Donna in the DCnU and Rebirth. I'm guessing it's just not cost effective when she currently only has a single title being published.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm guessing it's just not cost effective when she currently only has a single title being published.
    I’d do it for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Is it not strange how WW being one of DC’s big three of the trinity, that she doesn’t have her own editors? In 75 years of storytelling, I don’t think it’s farfetched for her to have like a historian of some kind who holds her and the fans’ interests at heart as a top priority. Is she unworthy of one?
    Couldn't agree more with the bolded part.

It helps keep her foundation much more stable. Unlike Batman or Superman who generally at times have their basic storylines more stable. Diana often isn't stable. Editors generally help to make sure the character storyline is stable and can help make the story better. Diana has had some more unstable changes it's really hard to figure out at times. I mean she often goes back to zero and then you are confused why Diana doesn't remember a character she met. An editor would stop things like that generally because it doesn't help with the flow of the story. I wish Dc would hire someone who has written Diana. But most of them don't want to work with DC unless there are certain requirements met. Like with Rucka not wanting to have Diana under Eddie
    In agreement with the bolded portion of your comment. However, in regards to the underlined portion, it's not just about having an editor that has written Diana. Of main concern to me, is having one that cares about her character, and will ensure that she is portrayed favorably and respectfully. Despite some people's issue with George Perez, it cannot be said that he didn't care about Diana's character.

I hope for an editor for Wonder Woman who is thoughtful about the character and will remember that while she is an Amazon warrior, she is not ruled by her warrior side. She is a compassionate character, and it is her compassion that informs many of her actions. An editor that recognizes that Diana can coexist as a formidable super-heroine and still be noble and kind.

I mean Why can't DC give Diana more books? It seems if it's not a mainline book it can do well. I wonder what makes her sales go up and down at times? Right now it seems to be stable right? I'm not saying a permanent line maybe a testing one. Sensational comics did well. Why did they cancel it?