Thread: REVIEW: Seconds

Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Seconds

Bryan Lee O'Malley's "Seconds," arguably the biggest OGN release of the year, more than lives up to the expectations.

Full review here.

BANNED

Glad to see someone give this book a little attention. This was an amazing read. I'm not really in it`s target age group but still really liked it.

I too was pretty surprised this book was flying as low under the radar as it has been. I remember nothing but gushing love for Scott Pilgrim when it was coming out. I should get this in my DCBS box next week and it sounds like I would be amiss not to put this at the top of my reading pile!

Finished it this morning. I was really, really taken with it. Definitely be interested in having a deeper discussion about it with other folks who've read it. I won't go further into it right now because spoilers (which reminds me, do we have spoiler tags/a way to hide text?) but there are a couple lingering thoughts I'd like to explore.

Extraordinary Member

Finished it today, I absolutely loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    I too was pretty surprised this book was flying as low under the radar as it has been. I remember nothing but gushing love for Scott Pilgrim when it was coming out.
    It took until the second or third book for SP to really get such attention. But I agree in the sense that coming off the back of that series, I thought there'd be a lot more hoopla for Seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by tacobongo View Post
    Finished it this morning. I was really, really taken with it. Definitely be interested in having a deeper discussion about it with other folks who've read it. I won't go further into it right now because spoilers (which reminds me, do we have spoiler tags/a way to hide text?) but there are a couple lingering thoughts I'd like to explore.
    Yup it can be done, spoilers:
    like this!
    end of spoilers
    Basically you type [spoil*] then write the spoilers here and end with [/spoil*]. Take out the asterices (those lil' stars). Or hit 'reply with quote' with this post to see how I did it above.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Thanks! You're awesome!