Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superman #43 Preview/Discussion

FINALLY IS HERE.. I saw Maya in the preview, as I imaginated.

https://www.cbr.com/preview-superman-43-boyzarro/

BANNED

Maya 'ships Jon/Kathy

Loved the Lois and Clark interaction too, with Lois interestingly admitting she wasn't made to be "Ma Kent"

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

"You sound like your pa" But Lois, you never met his Jonathan Kent in this continuity

Reborn merged everything, remember. She met them before they died now. I think they're only supposed to have died not long before Jon was born, not before Clark ever met Lois.

Kathy's codename Beacon is new, isn't it? I wonder if they're setting up her and Jon both joining the Teen Titans? Nobody could join them too, with Robin, Kid Flash and Red Arrow completing the lineup.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Reborn merged everything, remember. She met them before they died now. I think they're only supposed to have died not long before Jon was born, not before Clark ever met Lois.

Kathy's codename Beacon is new, isn't it? I wonder if they're setting up her and Jon both joining the Teen Titans? Nobody could join them too, with Robin, Kid Flash and Red Arrow completing the lineup.
    No, Reborn aftermath issues explicitly said they died the night of Clark's senior prom. Doomsday Clock #1 also confirmed it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    No, Reborn aftermath issues explicitly said they died the night of Clark's senior prom. Doomsday Clock #1 also confirmed it.
    I suppose virtually any continuity error like this can be explained by their characters remembering a little of what their pre-flashpoint selves experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh.. Is her codename? Thanks..

I don't even read such a thing as an error. Clark's probably talked his ear off about his parents and what they were like. Could even be home movies and the like to boot that she's seen. Without meeting him, after being with Clark for so long, it makes sense that she knows pretty well by now what Jonathan's personality was like.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Maya 'ships Jon/Kathy

Loved the Lois and Clark interaction too, with Lois interestingly admitting she wasn't made to be "Ma Kent"
    I hated it with a passion.

It feels old, overly conservative and not remotely how women actually talk.

When we say that we need female writers on these books, or at the very least, someone who isn't a white man who is like 50....this is why.

Honestly, I'm sad that Gleason is staying on with Superman when Bendis comes aboard. I find his art overly cartoony and juvenile looking and I think he's way too conservative personally to ever do justice to Lois Lane in any capacity.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah it's sad seeing Lois and Clark written this way. It's a chore to get through.

2 more issues until this blows up right? The relaunch is imminent!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah it's sad seeing Lois and Clark written this way. It's a chore to get through.
    I see nothing wrong with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it.
    Ok---and that's fine. You are free to express that you see nothing wrong with it just myself and others are allowed to explain why we feel it's dated and strange and doesn't fit Lois and Clark as individuals or as a couple.