BANNED

Default Eternal Warior relaunch is superb

Along with the rest of the Valiant relaunch, you really need to be impressed with the work that the Eternal Warrior team has put out in the last year. I just picked up and read the entire current run, and it is just wonderful. It is so much better than the junk I see being thrown up at readers. It has a wonderful storyline and the story pacing, and development is spot on. It is some of the best storytelling happening today.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Along with the rest of the Valiant relaunch, you really need to be impressed with the work that the Eternal Warrior team has put out in the last year. I just picked up and read the entire current run, and it is just wonderful. It is so much better than the junk I see being thrown up at readers. It has a wonderful storyline and the story pacing, and development is spot on. It is some of the best storytelling happening today.
    I agree, I think. But Wrath of the Eternal Warrior ended in 2016.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I agree, I think. But Wrath of the Eternal Warrior ended in 2016.
    I'm getting so old that I can barely tell one year from the next any longer. All I know is I walked into Bullet Proof Comics in Brooklyn and grabbed the latest back issues, or so I thought, from the racks. The story centers on what happens when Gilad dies, where he seems to have a family in heavenly paradise that he keeps returning to. Labyrinth. It is really a decent and creative spin.

I'm getting so old that I can barely tell one year from the next any longer. All I know is I walked into Bullet Proof Comics in Brooklyn and grabbed the latest back issues, or so I thought, from the racks. The story centers on what happens when Gilad dies, where he seems to have a family in heavenly paradise that he keeps returning to. Labyrinth. It is really a decent and creative spin.
    Yea, that's Wrath of the Eternal Warrior. I agree, it's awesome. If you liked that, I'd recommend it's prequel of sorts, Book of Death, and the one-shot, Eternal Warrior: Awakening, by the same writer.

Unfortunately, Gilad hasn't had the most high-quality adventures in the Valiant U, but if you're interested I have a full list of good Gilad stories you might want to check out.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

BANNED

Yea, that's Wrath of the Eternal Warrior. I agree, it's awesome. If you liked that, I'd recommend it's prequel of sorts, Book of Death, and the one-shot, Eternal Warrior: Awakening, by the same writer.

Unfortunately, Gilad hasn't had the most high-quality adventures in the Valiant U, but if you're interested I have a full list of good Gilad stories you might want to check out.
    shoot...shoot

shoot...shoot
    Archer & Armstrong Vol. 2- Wrath of the Eternal Warrior: Although Gilad comes off a little... unhinged in this story, it's really funny and a lot of fun.
    Archer & Armstrong #0: This is essentially Anni-Padda Bros. #0. It's about the incident that triggered all of their respective immortality powers.
    Eternal Warrior Vol. 2- Eternal Emperor: Although it's not connected whatsoever to the first volume, this is actually a significant step up in terms of quality. It takes place in 4001.
    The Valiant: This is an awesome "self-contained" event. Gilad plays a major role and the antagonist is sort of Gilad's arch-nemesis in a way.
    Unity Vol. 1- To Kill a King: Also, you might include the prelude that takes place in X-O (15-18), seeing as Gilad shows up in there too. This story is just fantastic and shows how well the Valiant U interacts with itself if it wants to.
    Unity #16- "A day in the life of Gilad."
    Book of Death: Event that leads directly into 'Wrath.' Must-read for Gilad fans.

Other unexceptional stories that Gilad has shown up in:
    The Immortal Bros- Tale of the Green Knight (one-shot)
    Eternal Warrior Vol. 1- Sword of the Wild
    Eternal Warrior: Days of Steel
    Unity. The whole thing. Gilad's pretty awesome in the Armor Hunters tie-in.
    Ivar, Timewalker Vol. 2- Breaking History
    Ninjak Vol. 5- Fist & Steel
    4001 A.D. (event)

BANNED

Archer & Armstrong #0: This is essentially Anni-Padda Bros. #0. It's about the incident that triggered all of their respective immortality powers.
    The story itself was OK, even good. But the entire over explanation and later carry over in A&A was just too much.

That the brothers are magical beings with eternal life was just good enough.