Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Maybe it isn't your average arsonist?

Hawkman

I really want a Titans book but not with Abnett on it. He killed the last series.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 - I'll give it an arc. I mostly like the roster. Though as someone who's read all of JSA and a decent bit of Geoff Johns' Hawkman, it's still a bit weird to me that Snyder made Kendra darker skinned (since she was already darker skinned compared to the Caucasian characters around her) for whatever reason (maybe to line things up with Earth-2 or the Arrowverse?). Also, man her wings look weird, like, something Zauriel might have.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 - Ugh, guess we're not ignoring the shit show that was Metal's retcon to the Hawks' origin, huh? Also, seriously, Snyder just needs a leash to keep him from doing his stupid retcons. He's like a better version of Bendis -- when he sticks to continuity, he can tell good stories, but DO NOT let him define characters.
    THE MAN OF STEEL #1 - Gonna give it a shot, but... it's Bendis. Man, we JUST had Superman cleared up, with Secret Origin being mostly canon and a good status quo set up. Can he just not... Bendis things for once?
    THE MAN OF STEEL #2 - Ugh... seriously, can he not?
    THE MAN OF STEEL #3 - "Rogal Zaar"? That sounds like a name you make up when you're just winging it in D&D.
    THE MAN OF STEEL #4
    THE MAN OF STEEL #5 - Hey, at least this series is weekly so Bendis can't stretch out the reveal with Lois and Jon. Also, hopefully it means he can't just randomly change it and be smug about it... looking at you, Ronin!
    THE FLASH/SPEED BUGGY SPECIAL #1 - Ugh, Lobdell and Booth together gives me PTSD flashbacks to their Teen Titans run. But... Wally, and it's just a one-shot, so fine. Also, it makes me happy that "The Flash" in the title refers to Wally
    SUPER SONS/DYNOMUTT SPECIAL #1
    BATMAN #48
    BATMAN #49
    DEATHSTROKE #32
    DETECTIVE COMICS #982 - I've heard good stuff about Hill and like Michael Cray. Plus, if this leads to an Outsiders series, fuck yeah! I JUST started reading their original series and I actually really like it, and it's aged better than a lot of stuff from that era.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #983
    THE FLASH #48 - Aaaaaand I guess Wally probably is gonna fully remember his kids.
    THE FLASH #49 - I guess it's Wally's turn to be selfish, after Barry in the Grodd story.
    THE TERRIFICS #5

WILDSTORM: MICHAEL CRAY VOL. 1 TP - Really like this series, and I doubt it's gonna get a hardcover or anything.
    WONDER WOMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO HC
    HELLBLAZER VOL. 19: THE RED RIGHT HAND TP - Not right away, but definitely need to get this, since I've heard good things about Carey's run.

Maybe:
    HAWKMAN #1 - I WANT to like it, but I haven't really liked Venditti's previous work. Might give it a chance, might not. And hey, might kinda lead into a JSA thing!
    TEEN TITANS SPECIAL #1 - I can't remember how I felt about Glass' Suicide Squad run, but I get the feeling I'd dislike it if I read it today. Plus, this "adults suck" angle is just so... trite. That, combined with the "fearless new direction" thing makes me question this run. Also, Emiko's hood looks goofy.
    TITANS SPECIAL #1 - Ugh, Abnett again? Really? Did he not shit the bed enough last time? Might get this depending on the cast. I'm still hoping Rose Wilson is gonna be on the Titans.
    BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — ROBIN VS. RA’S AL GHUL #1 - Just... eh. Just not really keen on Seeley anymore, though this is the match-up that makes the most sense.
    BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — NIGHTWING VS. HUSH #1
    BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — BATGIRL VS. THE RIDDLER #1
    BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — RED HOOD VS. ANARKY #1
    BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — HARLEY QUINN VS. THE JOKER #1 - The OTHER match-up that makes sense.

BATMAN: DEATH AND THE MAIDENS TP NEW EDITION - I... THINK I've heard good things about this story?
    BATMAN: THRILLKILLER TP NEW EDITION - ^. Though the character designs are kinda... meh.
    ORION BY WALTER SIMONSON BOOK ONE TP - I... THINK I've heard good things about this?
    SUPERGIRL BY PETER DAVID BOOK FOUR TP - I seriously need to start reading this series properly.

KID FLASH STATUE - This does NOT look like it'll be well-made... but, hey, Wally statue. Now give me one of him in his pre-Flashpoint Flash suit!

Random thoughts:

Ugh, I guess the Batman Who Laughs IS gonna stick around. Ugh.

I know Tyler Kirkham can only draw, like, two faces, but I man, I totally thought Jaime was Dick Grayson at a glance.

Red Hood and the Outlaws omnibus... I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Also, why is it split into (probably) two volumes? The Tomasi Batman and Robin omnibus had even MORE material and didn't split itself, so... yeah.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 03-21-2018 at 01:38 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Spectacular Member

Batman wedding prelude issues gonna be fun. Hyped for Snyder's Justice League.

Still sad to lose Tomasi's Superman and Super Sons gone but on the bright side, my pull list will finally be 10-ish books in June.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    ORION BY WALTER SIMONSON BOOK ONE TP - I... THINK I've heard good things about this?
    You probably have. It's pretty good.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    HELLBLAZER VOL. 19: THE RED RIGHT HAND TP - Not right away, but definitely need to get this, since I've heard good things about Carey's run.
    Vol. 18 (starting from 16) was the last trade for Carey's run. Vol 19 will (re)collect he entirety of Denise Mina's time on the title, which generally has less good things said about it than Carey. The only Carey story in this trade is one fill-in he did in-between Mina and Andy Diggle -> though for completionist purposes, it's the first time it has been collected in trade.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 03-20-2018 at 12:37 AM.

DCU:
    Batman #48-49
    Deathstroke #32
    Detective Comics #982-983 - Hyped for this, though I wish it wasn't locked into 5 issues only already.
    Green Lanterns #48-49
    Justice League #1-2 - Mostly here for Jorge Jimenez, like the team as well.
    New Super-Man & The Justice League of China #24
    Raven: Daughter of Darkness #6
    Sideways #5 -
    Suicide Squad #43
    The Silencer #6
    The Terrifics #5
    The Unexpected #1 -
    The Wildstorm #14
    Wildstorm: Michael Cray #8

Hanna Barbera:
    Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles #6
    Scooby Apocalypse #26

Young Animal:
    Cave Carson Has an Interstellar Eye #4
    Eternity Girl #4
    Mother Panic: Gotham A.D. #4 - No artist change after 3 issues like in the first series is nice. Hope Moustafa is here for the whole run.
    Shade the Changing Woman #4

Maybes:
    New Challengers #2
    Plastic Man #1 - After WW/Conan (and Clean Room), I want to try everything Simone does but this just isn't that interesting to me.
    Immortal Men #3

Don't think I'm gonna touch any of the Bendis Superman books. Maybe in tpb at some point, but at the moment it feels like too much too quickly.

Supersons
    Nightwing
    batman
    Superman
    Deathstroke
    TT
    Sideways
    Injustice 2
    Harley
    batman beyond
    That Black and white Joker looks good
    Death and the maidens
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

It's a bad period for me.

No sign of Tim Drake or Stephanie Brown, even Red Hood has an issue in "Prelude to the Wedding".

The premises for Titans Special are not the best, and Abnett is still there. Much better Teen Titans, we'll see.

Duke Thomas in Detective Comics it's a detterent, anyway I'll try.

Not really attracted by Bendis's Man of Steel and really worried about Snyder on the Justice League.

Excited about Simone's Plastic Man.

Definitely:
    Titans Special
    Teen Titans Special
    Prelude to wedding: Robin vs Ra's
    Prelude to wedding: Nightwing vs Hush
    Prelude to wedding: Batgirl vs The Riddler
    Prelude to wedding: Red Hood vs Anarky
    Plastic Man
    Bane: conquest
    Aquaman
    Batgirl
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    The Flash
    Green Arrow
    Hal Jordan & the GLC
    Nightwing
    Red Hood & the Outlaws

Maybe:
    Justice League
    Hawkman
    Man of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I just wanted to say his much I enjoy reading you takes on the solicits. It always brightens my day so thanks for that.
    Happy to help .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Trinity being on that Titans cover just screams "DO NOT BUY"
    I couldn't agree more. Titans was selling OK before this, so why do something that looks that desperate?

Teen Titans Special.. I support that we need a change(for now)..
    Justice League I like this team.. I think that this will be a good run.
    New Super-Man and the Justice League of China.. FINAL MISSION... NOOOO.. STUPID SALES..
    Man of Steel.... Ok.. I will try this.. I desire you Good luck, Lois...
    Plastic Man.. HE IS FUNNY.. I need to see this comic..

Mera
    .. WOW, I am interested in this issue
    BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — ROBIN, NIGHTWING AND RED HOOD..
    Only for the 3 robins, I am not interested in the wedding..
    Batman sins of the father
    Deathstroke

Green Lanterns.
    Wonderwoman
    ... WOW, Jess and SUPERGIRL will be here..
    Red Hood outlaws
    Sideways

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

Why does DC keep calling Hal Jordan being the greatest Green Lantern!? Another reason why I don't feel bad that it's franchise is in a bad state.
    Yeah, everybody knows it's Guy Gardner, just ask him!

Well, the old Guy, not the current bland version.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    New Super-Man and the Justice League of China.. FINAL MISSION... NOOOO.. STUPID SALES..
    If it's any consolation, the book I'm most looking forward to, from the look of everyone's pull lists here, is DOA.
    The downside to my not being into 'the popular thing' is that, well, what interests me is generally not popular enough to sustain sales.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing vs Hush should be an interesting match-up.