Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thoughts:

- So Hawkman is trying to find out the "true purpose of his many reincarnations." I guess it's nice to know that there's more to it then finding Hawkgirl, falling in love, becoming a crime-fighter, and then getting killed by Hath-Set. I'm guessing it's tied to the Dark Multiverse.

- Justice League lookin' pretty rockin' .

- Plastic Man looks like a lot of fun. I mean, madcap fun, gorgeous dames, and Plastic Man against impossible odds? What more could one ask for?

- What do Damian, Wally II, and Emiko got to be angry about the "Super-Hero Status Quo?"

- Not really sure how to feel with Abnett still listed on for the Titans special, though the solicit makes it sound like we might really be getting the merged teams that was rumored a while back.

- I love me some DC and Hanna Barbera team-ups .

- Orm throwing Tula into an arranged marriage to seize power seems like an Orm thing to do, although I feel like he would probably feel conflicted over throwing his sister into something like that.

- I'm guessing The Future Rogues reveal to Wally that Flashpoint wiped out his kids and that sets off Wally vs. Barry, even though he previously acknowledged that the changes Flashpoint made to the timeline (specifically wiping him and his family out) wasn't Barry's fault. But Barry trying to stop Wally from breaking the Speed Force reminds me of the recent "Enter Flashtime" episode of the TV show where Jay advised Barry against throwing a nuke into the Speed Force.

- It seems like Green Arrow is still stuck with filler teams, though it's neat seeing Mairghread Scott writing for DC.

- The Guardians arresting Jessica because her ring's AI is too dangerous? Ouch. I hope Seeley pitting Hal against Jessica and Simon doesn't end badly for any of the characters involved.

- It's kind of funny that we've got Guy getting inducted into the Darkstars instead of John this time.

- Nice to see the Injustice II comic finally getting to Hal's story.

- I think turning Deadshot's daughter into a Kobra ninja is a step too far.

- I mean, isn't she like...younger then Damian at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Why does DC keep calling Hal Jordan being the greatest Green Lantern!? Another reason why I don't feel bad that it's franchise is in a bad state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I just said the same thing in another thread. That's flat-out clueless, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, it's utterly ridiculous and DC is starting to get really annoying with this
    Hal was Kate Bishop before Kate Bishop .

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I still don't trust it. Wouldn't be first writer to say one thing in interview turn around and do opposite. Sorry last 10 years made trust actions more then words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Yeah. I’m with you, these solicits have put me on edge because it seems like he’s fighting the Urge to ‘One More Day’ us so he can start on a blank slate
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm giving him a single issue BUT I've not been very comfortable with the idea of Bendis on both Superman books since it was first announced and frankly there have been things said that have made me even more so. While its down to the execution I do have to say these solicits have only added to my concern. And yes I am VERY aware of what Bendis has said in interviews. I'm just running with a gut feeling I've had since Bendis was put on both books. I could be wrong and frankly I would be extremely happy if I am but until I see something in the actual comics that quells this feeling I'll continue to feel it.
    Nothing suggests this will be the case whatsoever. Bendis has constantly stated how important Lois is to Superman and he's been a big fan of what Tomasi, Gleason and Jurgens have done. He obviously has plenty of reverance for Superman and he clearly feels that he has something to prove as the new kid on the block when it comes to DC and Superman in particular. His Superman may rule or it may suck but this sort of speculation is beyond baseless. Solicits are supposed to be incindiery. That's their whole point!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Getting the Wonder Woman Golden Age Omni and John Byrne Wonder Woman vol.2 and the Rebirth Wonder Woman deluxe vol.2
    and some other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Nothing suggests this will be the case whatsoever. Bendis has constantly stated how important Lois is to Superman and he's been a big fan of what Tomasi, Gleason and Jurgens have done. He obviously has plenty of reverance for Superman and he clearly feels that he has something to prove as the new kid on the block when it comes to DC and Superman in particular. His Superman may rule or it may suck but this sort of speculation is beyond baseless. Solicits are supposed to be incindiery. That's their whole point!
    Even if one doesn't want to believe just what's said in interviews--which is fine, I understand not wanting to put a lot of stock in interviews--there's still nothing within these solicits that suggest anything permanently bad. It exposes a problem with Lois and Jon that Superman is trying to hide and fix. The problem could be anything. And there's every chance in the world he'll succeed at fixing it, even if not right away.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

@Ilan and Sacred- Like I said before, I've not been comfortable with the idea of Bendis on both books from the beginning and that's down to the things he's done at Marvel the last several years. So forgive me but until I see what he actually does in his run or even until I see how this first issue pans out I'm going to continue to think this is a mistake on DCs part. Could I be wrong? Of course and honestly I hope I am but Bendis has pretty much stomped all over the trust of fans and he's going to need to work to get it back. That's just my opinion. As for interviews I've found that plans can and very often do change so I always take those with a huge grain of salt.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-19-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member

So I guess that Titans Special is gonna explain how we get NTT team/Titans show synergy all up in the book because it is inevitable lol

And why is Robinson still on WW after 20 issues. Why is there still Darkseid and Jason. Does anybody truly care about them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- So Hawkman is trying to find out the "true purpose of his many reincarnations." I guess it's nice to know that there's more to it then finding Hawkgirl, falling in love, becoming a crime-fighter, and then getting killed by Hath-Set. I'm guessing it's tied to the Dark Multiverse.

- Plastic Man looks like a lot of fun. I mean, madcap fun, gorgeous dames, and Plastic Man against impossible odds? What more could one ask for?

- What do Damian, Wally II, and Emiko got to be angry about the "Super-Hero Status Quo?"

- Not really sure how to feel with Abnett still listed on for the Titans special, though the solicit makes it sound like we might really be getting the merged teams that was rumored a while back.

- Orm throwing Tula into an arranged marriage to seize power seems like an Orm thing to do, although I feel like he would probably feel conflicted over throwing his sister into something like that.

- I'm guessing The Future Rogues reveal to Wally that Flashpoint wiped out his kids and that sets off Wally vs. Barry, even though he previously acknowledged that the changes Flashpoint made to the timeline (specifically wiping him and his family out) wasn't Barry's fault. But Barry trying to stop Wally from breaking the Speed Force reminds me of the recent "Enter Flashtime" episode of the TV show where Jay advised Barry against throwing a nuke into the Speed Force.

- It seems like Green Arrow is still stuck with filler teams, though it's neat seeing Mairghread Scott writing for DC.

- The Guardians arresting Jessica because her ring's AI is too dangerous? Ouch. I hope Seeley pitting Hal against Jessica and Simon doesn't end badly for any of the characters involved.

- It's kind of funny that we've got Guy getting inducted into the Darkstars instead of John this time.

Hal was Kate Bishop before Kate Bishop.
    Frontier you are always so excited and positive about everything and that’s awesome!

Didn't really like these solicits, not gonna lie. Didn't get really excited by anything but Mera and Immortal Men (still excited for some other books, just not due to anything I learned in the solicits). Here's what I'm getting:

Justice League 1: I'll try out the first issue and re-evaluate from there, at this point I'd be surprised if I pull it (I rarely pull Justice League, only when a plot really interests me)

Teen Titans Special 1: Probably pick this up for Emiko. If she's on the team going forward I may start pulling it.

Aquaman 37: Still my fav series in Rebirth, looks like we are heading towards the end of the Rath arc. No idea where we are going next which is exciting considering how massive this arc has been.

Mera 5: This sounds super fun, probably my favourite solicit. Run Tula run!

Batman 48/49: I'm in for this wedding. Not all that interested in this Joker story but it'll probably tie into 50 too much not to get.

Robin v Ra's al Ghul 1: sure, seems interesting enough.

Nightwing v Hush 1: If Nightwing isn't best man I'm gonna fume...

Detective Comics 982/983: Very excited for this. Already announced but otherwise this would've been the most exciting thing in the solicits for me.

The Flash 48/49: Not really pumped for another trial of the Flash, but I trust Williamson.

Green Lanterns 48/49: The sentient ring plot really interests me. Jess being hunted less so.

The Immortal Men 3: Ooh the Batman Who Laughs. Well I'm sticking around for at least 3 issues now.

Nightwing 45: God this sounds dull. But I give every Dick Grayson run a chance.

Sideways 5: Sounds like a big character moment for Sideways in issue 4. Hope we aren't just repeating uncle Ben.

Wonder Woman 48/49: I like Robinson's run well enough, but I'm so ready for someone new.

Edit: Also how the heck is Titans just going back to normal after No Justice? Aaaaargh I love Abnett but Titans isn't working with him.
    Last edited by dan12456; 03-19-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Will plastic man be a dc universe book (in continuity) or a special 1 of x type of books?

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    So I guess that Titans Special is gonna explain how we get NTT team/Titans show synergy all up in the book because it is inevitable lol

And why is Robinson still on WW after 20 issues. Why is there still Darkseid and Jason. Does anybody truly care about them here.
    I’m wondering if that means that solstice is coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He's already confirmed he's not doing anything like that. I'd probably throw a party if he got rid of Jon personally, but he's gone on record saying he's not doing it. And no writer anywhere would ever be able to get away with killing Lois Lane unless it was a purposely crafted temporary event with a concrete endgame of her coming back.

You missed out the other plot threads that literally get talked about just as much in every solicit.
    what does that have to do with the arsonist story taking 5 issues? I could have talked about how stupid the new villain looks. but I was trying to be nice.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post

Wow. I couldn't agree with you more. And you made a nice observation. Clearly nobody care about Jason on any level. I think DC should stop working with writers like James Robinson. He was a great writer, he is still hit and miss, but his writing doesn't bring anything new to the table, and it is locking characters to the old, slow narratives. For front-window of the any company, you may need to eliminate some unexciting names.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

I just wanted to say his much I enjoy reading you takes on the solicits. It always brightens my day so thanks for that.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what does that have to do with the arsonist story taking 5 issues? I could have talked about how stupid the new villain looks. but I was trying to be nice.
    I had read it as if it seemed like there wasn't much going on but that. I misread so that's on me. But there could be any reason why an arsonist is taking 5 issues to catch. Any number of reasons why it could be tasking.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I had read it as if it seemed like there wasn't much going on but that. I misread so that's on me. But there could be any reason why an arsonist is taking 5 issues to catch. Any number of reasons why it could be tasking.
    I can actually see it taking five issue to catch this arsonist. It wouldn't be much of challenge if Superman could just walk all over the bad guy and call it's day and that would be a really boring story too. I don't see the problem with that at all.