Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

I think a problem is that alot of it just becomes "story" instead of "character". I think it's not until recently Michael Carroll managed to put a spin on Doleman (now the entry/point of the Dredd-family angle), especially with The forsaken (a cool post DoC who dunnit). Perhaps stuff like Garth Ennis reviving Chopper in an instant and such made it hard for other writers than Wagner making changes.

Wagner has said that Alex Garland suggested it to him to pen a "Death of Judge Dredd" script and let it see a release when he dies. Looks like he was amused by the idea of doing so.

But I think Dredd is quite safe. Especially if in the hands of Al Ewing, Michael Carroll and Rob Williams.

The CF:s are truly great. While I'm avoiding Mark Millar stuff and recently mostly focusing on those with epics in them, I got 1 up to 16 (Which I follow with the Mechanismo TBP, CF21 and and The pit TBP till CF25 with Dead reckoning hits.). A cool thing is that they probably never will flood the market for them. Why I don't believe the later volumes sees as much print and sales like the first 5 or so are, there'll be a market for new ones as long as there are fans of the character collecting the CF:s!

I really hope hardcovers is something 2000AD keeps on printing. Being that both Trifecta and the upcoming Dark Judges are in HC, I really hope some classics could come in the format. The manga-sized books seems to have sold really well, so I can't for imagine for example Necropolis (Preferably also collecting Letter to Judge Dredd) in hardcover doing any worse. America could have Letter from a democrat and Revolution... Gonna stop here, else I'll go on forever on dream-Dredd collections :P

I recently ordered Stickleback: England's Glory ahead of the upcoming Stickleback: Number of the Beast. For me Ian Edginton reads much better in collected form than 6 pages with 7 days between.

Btw, read his Brass sun? I'v skipped it a bit in the prog since I read it on my phone. Didn't feel it'd make it any justice as such. Art, detail and all.

Saw about Adi's Dark Judges the other day. The guys amazing. His Venom-movie is my favorite Marvel film and also a very cleverly made film. Can't wait see what he'll come up with later this month. Wouldn't mind if Urban and THRILLby are involved either
    Last edited by borntohula; 10-08-2014 at 12:49 AM.