Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I doubt i. He's been de-aged before. But i imagine he'll be cloned or a new character will take over the lead role or something.

Theres been a few stories now that have had readers speculating that the "last Dredd story" is being built to. Including the current goings-on where Dredds been arrested and charged with the murder of a bystander. But so far its continued on. I highly doubt theyll end the strip.

BANNED

So excited to be picking up a #1 issue of Judge Dredd and not having to start on #44 or something like that lol.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

It's a shame that the failures of the 2 Judge Dredd movies means that it's unlikely that anyone would tske chance anymore with other 2000AD characters on the big screen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    It's a shame that the failures of the 2 Judge Dredd movies means that it's unlikely that anyone would tske chance anymore with other 2000AD characters on the big screen.
    Totally agreed man. I really like Judge Dredd but there's so much more to 2000AD than Dredd. I'd much rather see a Strontium Dog, Slaine, Rogue Trooper or Judge Anderson film instead of another Dredd film. I'm sure there's more 2000AD characters that I like that I can't think of at the moment but 2000AD has more to offer general audiences than another soddin avengers film.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Bad company,Flesh and ABC warriors would be hard to adapt onto film but they along with Strontium Dog would be amongst my choices.

John Wagner did an interview for the 2000 AD Thrillcast and announced he will be killing a major Dredd character. I am thinking Hersey, PJ Maybe, or Beeny, but very interested to see who gets killed off. Thankfully it is very rare for them to bring someone back to life, so this should be a big change in Dredd's world.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I doubt i. He's been de-aged before. But i imagine he'll be cloned or a new character will take over the lead role or something.
    Given they already introduced a younger clone "brother", Rico, who is proving to be as good a judge as Dredd, and we have another clone, Dolman, who has the requisite skills to replace Dredd but not (currently) the desire to be a judge, they've got their potential replacements already line up and waiting.

Imma going in on the Judge. Start with the classic complete case files?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

No bad place really. Depends what it is youd wanna read?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    No bad place really. Depends what it is youd wanna read?
    I just need a good starting point.

A good old #1 that can bring me into the world and get inside the character's head. Plus Sci-fi.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Probably Case Files 5, America or whatever the latest jump on Prog was.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Imma going in on the Judge. Start with the classic complete case files?
    French publisher Delirium has started last week to introduce again properly Judge Dredd in the French Market, and their strategy to build (and re-build) a readership is to publish two or three recent stories, and in a few Months they will reprint the complete case files (which are less overall dead serious and more sci fi punk orientated). They have begun by the story "origins" (the name says all by Wagner and Ezquarra both co creators of the character with Pat Mills) that has been collected in one of the Hachette mega collection volume in English language if my memory's good.

Case Files 5 is a good place to start, I would also suggest starting with Origins if you just want modern Dredd. They have had a few jumping on points for Progs recently, just find one that says 4 or 5 new stories start inside and it is a good one to jump onto.

A more subjective suggestion, you put your hand on stories written by Rob Williams in the Dredd Verse (Judge Dredd Trifecta, Titan, Titan: old life, Sensitive Klegg stories, Megacity Undercover/low life, a few of them have already been collected in GN form), usually with artists such as Henri Flint and D'Israeli. Very, very good stories, and nice humor bits.