Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Its pretty good,get it.One of the few good things in modern prog,actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    I saw this at the store today and wanted to ask if any of you have read it. Is it good (there are no reviews online yet) and is Dredd in it?

https://smile.amazon.com/Dark-Judges...ds=dark+judges
    Dredd is not in it as it takes place before Death and Dredd had met. It has been solid read so far with some very good art.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Dredd is not in it as it takes place before Death and Dredd had met. It has been solid read so far with some very good art.
    Thanks for the reply sir.

Can you (or anyone) tell me if there has been any new collections with Dredd in them since this one, which I got a year ago and was great?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It feels like too long a dry spell considering his source material is weekly across the pond. I don't know the best way to keep track of U.S. releases and I usually only find out about them after the fact. Apprecated

Anyone else read the Outlier volumes that have been bagged with the last three Megazines? I've read the first two volumes and it's a damn fine piece of work. Really interesting story and great art. Highly recommend it.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Can you (or anyone) tell me if there has been any new collections with Dredd in them since this one, which I got a year ago and was great?

It feels like too long a dry spell considering his source material is weekly across the pond. I don't know the best way to keep track of U.S. releases and I usually only find out about them after the fact. Appreciated

I did some date specific searches on Amazon (US) and found two that are scheduled for the end of the year --

Under Siege

Final Judgement

There's also a listing for this in the fall, Nobody Apes The Law, but it is not available for pre-order for some reason
    https://smile.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd...40_&dpSrc=srch

I think it might be one of those "theme" collections from various eras they've been doing
    Last edited by dishpan; 05-04-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo

https://2000ad.com/post/3755

Rogue Trooper film in the pipeline... If done properly, it could be great.

I wish they’d do a Strontium Dog film that turns into a blockbuster, I would get round then to selling my Star Lord comic collection then where he and the likes of Ro-Jaws, Hammerstein etc made their first appearance.

Sadly Carlos Ezquerra has passed away sad day for comics.

Astonishing Member

My guess is that most original Dredd fans are not into the IDW Dredd universe, but i tried Year One and pretty much liked it.

I tried to read the first volume of the complete case files and couldn´t get through it...but i get it, you have to see it with nostalgic eyes to appreciate it...

All-New Member

Judge dredd and 2000 ad produce high quality comics and it jars me that there isn't more love for it, here in America. I just don't get, since the comics are so charming. Judge dredd is
    so screwed up that is hilarious. I love getting up to seven issues a month of 2000 ad and the Megazine. I like the idw comics, but they all fail to have the charm of the orginals. I have read all the megazine issues and read the complete case files up to volume 32.

I'm exactly halfway through volume 8 of the Complete Case Files and I'm enjoying most of it, but I think the Hell Trekkers storyline dragged as I'm here for stories about Judges and not epics about random civilians.

The deeper I delve into the series, the more I see how much wasted potential there is in not trying to capitalize on it being adapted into other media, like the Hell Trekkers storyline could be translated into a movie on its own, and the environment is something unique and varied, more than that of a regular role playing game.

I saw this at the store today and wanted to ask if any of you have read it. Is it good (there are no reviews online yet) and is Dredd in it?

https://smile.amazon.com/Dark-Judges...ds=dark+judges
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    Its pretty good,get it.One of the few good things in modern prog,actually.
    I thought it was a story reprinted in Complete Case Files 4 or a later volume, not a prequel to Anderson's sacrifice.

Sadly Carlos Ezquerra has passed away sad day for comics.
    He died pretty young.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Default 2000ad prog 2122

2000AD PROG 2122

https://allforgeeks.com/new-stuff/ne...0ad-prog-2122/

Episodes include:
    Judge Dredd » Machine Law (part 8)
    Mega-City One, 2141 AD. Home to over 130 million citizens, this urban hell is situated along the east coast of post-apocalyptic North America. Crime is rampant, and only the Judges — empowered to dispense instant justice — can stop total anarchy. Toughest of them all is JUDGE DREDD — he is the Law! Robot Judges have been trialled before, with disastrous results — but now the new generation are appearing on the streets…

Skip Tracer » Louder Than Bombs (part 12)
    The Cube, the 27th century. This vast city floating in the depths of space was once a monitoring station, but has been refitted by the Earth-led Consociation as a solution to a universal housing problem. It’s now home to every kind of undesirable and wanted criminal. That’s where SKIP TRACER Nolan Blake comes in, a former soldier turned tracker, who was left with psychic abilities after a clash on an alien planet…

Tharg’s 3rillers Present » Tooth and nail (part 3)
    Three episodes, one complete, self-contained story — a condensed hit of super-charged Thrill-power beamed to you directly from the Nerve Centre! Max Ha is having a very bad day, capped by finding himself handcuffed and beaten by mystery Russian assailants. Max is the sole survivor of a massacre that left seventeen dead, and his interrogators want to know more about the man responsible, who dragged Max into this mess…

Grey Area » Shoot to kill (part 1)
    The mid 21st century. Earth has a heavily armed defence network, and any ET arrivals are housed in the Exo Segregation Zone, known as the GREY AREA, which is policed by squads of Exo Transfer Control officers like Adam Bulliet and his team — wife Birdy, linguist Kymn, weapons expert Feo, and alien transfer Resting Bitch Face. Kymn and Bitch, thought KIA, were actually seconded to a black-ops unit, which they’ve now fled

Jaegir » Bonegrinder (part 6)
    The Greater Nordland Republic. While the Norts are currently engaged in a galaxy-wide war with the Souther forces, it falls to military officers such as Kapiten-Inspector Atalia JAEGIR of the Nordland State Security Police to investigate war criminals amongst her own ranks. She’s also suffering from the Strigoi curse, a fault in the Nort DNA that can bring out the beast within. Now, she’s on a mission with her team on Nu Earth…

All-New Member

I've been picking up the Hachette collections of Dredd and general 2000AD since they first launched, gradually replacing a bunch of pre Rebellion era Dredd trades. These look great on the shelf but with only a number on the spine to identify the book the wiki pages are an absolute essential for keeping track of what's what, especially with the Dredd books collected thematically (all the Taxidermist stories from years apart in the same volume for example). We've recently got a list of what's going to be in the 30 book extension to the 2000AD title so started picking up some books to fill the holes that these don't cover, Button Man and Zenith so far, looking at complete Skizz (since there's only the Moore written series sharing a book with DR & Quincy in these hardbacks) and the upcoming Starlord collection of early Strontium Dog in the near future. Also while not 2000AD I'm picking up some Treasury of British Comics titles from Rebellion, reprinting other titles from the IPC archive. Reading Charley's War at the moment and have some very fun looking early 70s titles to get around to soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Anyone got caught up with 2000ad and dredd?

Does anybody know if there are plans for more ABC Warriors Mek Files volumes? Volume 4 was published 2 and a half years ago and I haven't been able to find any indication that another volume is on the way.