Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Incredible Member

Does anyone know if/when Abnett/Culbard will return with new Brink chapters in 2000AD?

Hey Guys,

I am new to Judge Dredd Comics. I am collecting the Essential Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson trades. I am a big Robocop fan and because of Robocop, when i watched the Carl Urban Film (that was what hooked me to Judge Dredd) and read my first Judge Dredd Comics, Essential Judge Dredd: America, the character felt so fimiliar. I didn't expect to see Judges, especially Dredd as these antogonists who were against democracy and oppressed Mega City Citizens in Stories like America etc after i had watched the Carl Urban film.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Cool to hear you're hopping on board, can't beat it! John Wagner especially is my fav writer ever. And America is a classic for sure, that whole Democracy arc. On the other hand also from that year of 1990, we have Necropolis where Dredd is the city's only hope against the Dark Judges! Really varied and creative playground for sci-fi and crime story ideas of all kinds. And Dredd himself is really versatile too.

I highly recommend the Complete Case Files series too, so much great stuff for Dredd.

I actually really liked the versatility of Dredd and Judges. They were sometimes Protogonists and sometimes Antagonists in stories. That was actually a more realistic take than what i saw in American Super Hero Comics. I have the Necropolis Trade among my Essential Judge Dredd trades. What i am really hyped about is my Uncensored Judge Dredd: Cursed Earth trade. I don't know where should i read it though, it is not a part of the Essential Judge Dredd line.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Very cool! Cursed Earth is an early one, from the first couple years or so of the book in the 1970s, I'd say you could read that one anytime.

Al Ewing is contributing to a 2000AD special.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Does anyone know if/when Abnett/Culbard will return with new Brink chapters in 2000AD?
    And Abnett and Brink are mentioned in those solicits too.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/now-...2024-solicits/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman